Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 12-03-2005, 01:45 PM   #1
o_piratewiggins

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Backend Code

i have seen alot of updates on visual stuff but what is the back coding looking like ? what % do you have done?i might have missed it. if so if some one could plz link me
Thanks

also SG how is that coming? are there going to be any new things the gun has to offer?
o_piratewiggins is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2005, 02:23 PM   #2
o_rebo

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
The gun can be placed as a weapon slot (as well as the tradtional menu/command). The same for dispenser and detpack. This is so that new players have a consistent interface in building/affecting the environment.

SG rotation and placement is much more intellegent than in TFC.

SG Targetting aquisition is more intellegent than in TFC.
o_rebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2005, 03:13 PM   #3
o_piratewiggins

awsome do you know if you will be adding the face on the second sg like in TFC?

Old 12-03-2005, 03:44 PM   #4
o_theniggy

just make it so you don't have to "select" a slot when scrolling through weapons with the mousewheel!

If sg building is now a slot, does that mean the engi will be equipped with a different tool for the dispenser? (two wrenches?!?!)
o_theniggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2005, 06:45 PM   #5
o_piratewiggins

thay should all be able to be worked on with the same tool just hit differnt key to bild think is going to be in the 1234567890.

Old 12-03-2005, 07:18 PM   #6
o_tennovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateWiggins
thay should all be able to be worked on with the same tool just hit differnt key to bild think is going to be in the 1234567890.
Are you sure you're from Texas? You and SizeableSonic must have the same teachers.
o_tennovan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2005, 07:20 PM   #7
o_skanky butterpuss

i dont really see texas as a mecca of modern education...
o_skanky butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2005, 07:38 PM   #8
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
That's the joke.

Old 12-03-2005, 09:08 PM   #9
o_tennovan

Thats also a pretty broad assumption. Although Texas may be known for having poor education, you can't honestly lump all 21 million residents into that group. His profile says he's from Plainview and if I'm not mistaken thats just north of Lubbock (west texas). I'd say the education is probably 5 times better there than lets say... South Dallas.

I just think people should at least put a small bit of effort into their posts so that they can be halfway understood. In the sentence I quoted, I'm not sure I understood 25% of it. Sure, I can accept "u" instead of "you" or "2" instead of "too" but jeez, what happened to periods and commas?

EDIT: Not trying to fan the flames here, just trying to prove a point. According to this article which references the second link I provided, Texas is ranked smarter than both Indiana and Michigan (the homestates listed in both of your profiles). Texas - 24, Indiana - 26, Michigan - 27.

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/pac...es/smartstates
http://www.morganquitno.com/edrank.htm

Old 12-03-2005, 09:34 PM   #10
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Someone's sensitive... anyways, yeah, the schools around here suck. Except, luckily, the one I went to - one of the best in the state, actually. Turns out its fair share of dumbfucks, though.

Old 12-03-2005, 10:54 PM   #11
o_tennovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
Someone's sensitive... anyways, yeah, the schools around here suck. Except, luckily, the one I went to - one of the best in the state, actually. Turns out its fair share of dumbfucks, though.
Same with my old High School. 25% of our class were fuckin brilliant and we all went to decent schools. Another 70% were middle of the road, they got by and most went to decent schools also. The other 5% were the kind that had babies their junior year or dropped out 2 months before graduation.

Old 12-03-2005, 10:57 PM   #12
o_cruor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theNiggy
If sg building is now a slot, does that mean the engi will be equipped with a different tool for the dispenser? (two wrenches?!?!)
I'm quite sure allthough this is an estimate, that you will have the sentrygun, and dispenser etc. in slots after the default weapon ones, eg 4-6 etc. depending on how many special items the class has.

When you equip these, you'll probably hold some form of baseplate for the sentrygun etc. some cool gadget-ish thingamagibb, and that allows you the possibility to place the baseplate, then the wrench is equipped perhaps automatically in the setupanimation and proceeds to build the lvl 1 of the SG etc. After the animation ends you hold the wrench and can proceed to fetch more materials for lvl 2. At least that's the way I'd do it.

Anyways expect something similar.
o_cruor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2005, 01:10 AM   #13
o_skanky butterpuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennovan
Michigan - 27.
im surprised michigan is even ranked that high!

Old 12-04-2005, 08:43 AM   #14
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
thay
Quote:
bild
love it
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2005, 08:46 AM   #15
o_friedbunny

Errm... the quality of schools vary wildly even neighborhood to neighborhood, much less city to city or state to state.

... but yeah! As for the person who mentioned the slot-select-delay-thingy, you can toggle that in TFC with hud_fastswitch (1 being off).
o_friedbunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2005, 09:29 AM   #16
o_skanky butterpuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedBunny
... but yeah! As for the person who mentioned the slot-select-delay-thingy, you can toggle that in TFC with hud_fastswitch (1 being off).
still doesnt work, and has never worked, for me

Old 12-04-2005, 11:34 AM   #17
trepid_jesse
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
awsome do you know if you will be adding the face on the second sg like in TFC?
Hah, it's funny that you bring that up, because rebo went back and added another section just so we could have it, annnnnnnd rebo also think it's a shark while the others say it's a warthog.

Annnnnnnd, there's no such thing as a good high school, haha, it's like sayin' community colleges serve a purpose other than cheap credits. It's high school, ok, it's for rapin' celebrities in the bathroom, what?

Trepid, what?
trepid_jesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2005, 12:45 PM   #18
o_nezumi

That's totally true about community colleges, but my highschool was the kind that made people think "Hm... I live in England now, but I'm moving to the United States. Where shall I move? How about next to that school."

Mostly becasue my school had IB and about 95% of the school district funding. The other two highschools in the district got jack shit.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2005, 02:06 PM   #19
o_eat

The Sg system is ace now. When you select the SG weapon slot a transparent SG appears in front of you so you can see where it will go and where it will face, and whether the engine will allow you to place it in a certain position. Then after its built the spanner comes out so you can add ammo. Then if you press that weapon slot again when the SGs is built it will go kapoom.
o_eat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2005, 02:46 PM   #20
o_cruor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eat
Then if you press that weapon slot again when the SGs is built it will go kapoom.
Sounds like a few engineers will be furious at first for accidentely blowing up their sentries when changing to their shotgun
o_cruor is offline   Reply With Quote