Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > Server Administration

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #61
cunnelatio

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
has this SME guy always been this aggressively stupid?

I mean he is using that irritating rolleyes emote all the time and claiming to ignore everyone that calls him out on his bullshit

Why do you play a mod that is designed to offer more options for competitive players and then rage against them? Gameplay that isn't slow and dumbed down is the selling point of this mod over TF2.

Last edited by cunnelatio; 10-06-2007 at 10:40 PM.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:40 PM   #62
punkrockrocks
When patch will out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SME
I don't think anyone here is complaining about grenade jumps but why would they go play TF2? It has neither.
I am dumbfounded by your stupidity.
If someone were complaining about grenade jumping and bunnyhopping, why WOULDN'T they go play a game that doesn't have either?

I, personally, love both.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:44 PM   #63
v3rtigo
Lock 'n Loll!

Class/Position: Scout, Spy, Sniper
Gametype: CTF
Ignoring people who don't agree with you is rather immature, though some people should be ignored for the greater good...

"The greater good"

Intentionally breaking up the community because of a personal (IMO irrational) conviction is another matter though.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:09 PM   #64
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockrocks
I am dumbfounded by your stupidity.
If someone were complaining about grenade jumping and bunnyhopping, why WOULDN'T they go play a game that doesn't have either?

I, personally, love both.
Nobody was complaining about grenade jumping retard. Ignore time.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:23 PM   #65
cunnelatio

ahahah

Please let this guy be a brilliant troll

Old 10-06-2007, 11:29 PM   #66
punkrockrocks
When patch will out?

your prior post was in response to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunnelatio
people complaining about grenade jumps or bunnyhopping and whatever else they are complaining about should go play TF2
(I agree with this)
you said that people complaining about grenade jumps/bunnyhopping should NOT play TF2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SME
I don't think anyone here is complaining about grenade jumps but why would they go play TF2? It has neither.
you were obviously unable to follow a simple sentence.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:40 AM   #67
tu!

oh god another anti-bhop newb from the steam forums...

SME uses bizzaro logic or something...

Old 10-07-2007, 03:45 AM   #68
vatterin
David-

Posts Rated Helpful 18 Times
give him another month or so, he'll be talking to himself

Old 10-07-2007, 03:49 AM   #69
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatterin
give him another month or so, he'll be talking to himself
I'd prefer that to flaming idiots.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:30 AM   #70
tu!

we need hard coded bans for all these anti-bhop newbs that are server owners. this, bots and neotfc crap are gonna kill ff.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:35 AM   #71
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Since you refuse to put it in your title which server is yours so I can stay clear of it?

I honestly don't care what you run on your server, but I don't want to stumble into. I've played on these servers and hate the fact that even if I stand still and just jump it trips me. I didn't understand what was going on (and I imagine many people who join are the same way) but played it out anyways thinking it was a FF bug, later to read here it wasn't.

That comment about speed hacking and trying to stop it erks me a bit. Since I've been accused over a douzen times already of speed hacking. Which I'm not, but people don't seem to understand that a scout or med can fly at warp speeds naturally. I never noticed this detox stopping me or slowing me down when I was doing Mock Chicken, wouldn't that be what you want to prevent instead of making someone trip after 7 jumps?

I still stand by my claim that bhopping in FF doesn't exist. Not "oh it's built into the game now". When an engy can still chase me down and get a killing blow with his shotty around a couple corners while I'm doing my "So called bhopping", you can safely say that bhopping in the form of advanced acceleration and higher run speeds DOES NOT EXIST.

At the start I was all for class restrictions too, but now that I've played it for a month, I'm starting to dislike servers with any class restrictions at all. The only defense that can't be broken in some way is an 8 - 11 man D.

Why do I bring this up on an anti-bhop thread? Because I'm now 100% in agreance with the FF dev team that people should honestly just try to play the game the way it was intended, instead of clinging to any outdated mindsets.

Cheers,
Hammock

Old 10-07-2007, 05:26 AM   #72
TriaD

I would just like to add that the detox plugin also reduces how far you can conc by reducing your speed or some crap.

Anyways, the reason I found this out was I was playing on a server that accidently had the detox on when it was suppose to be off. And I wasnt able to hand held my usual jumps from the battlements on bliss_2fort. Which everyone should know, is pretty easy. During the middle of the round, the admins were contacted and the plugin was turned off mid round and I was able to make my usual distances with the scout.

So even if people disagree on the bhop thing, detox also hinders conc speed and distance.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:35 AM   #73
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriaD
I would just like to add that the detox plugin also reduces how far you can conc by reducing your speed or some crap.

Anyways, the reason I found this out was I was playing on a server that accidently had the detox on when it was suppose to be off. And I wasnt able to hand held my usual jumps from the battlements on bliss_2fort. Which everyone should know, is pretty easy. During the middle of the round, the admins were contacted and the plugin was turned off mid round and I was able to make my usual distances with the scout.

So even if people disagree on the bhop thing, detox also hinders conc speed and distance.
I haven't had any problems with concs and detox, YMMV.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:22 AM   #74
TriaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SME
I haven't had any problems with concs and detox, YMMV.

Just because you havn't had any so called problems doesnt mean there isn't one. From my experience of playing with the plugin on and off in the same round.. I felt like I was going 75-80% less far than I should have.

Detox wasn't ment to be ran on FF and therefore is screwing up the whole acceleration in game.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:33 AM   #75
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriaD
Just because you havn't had any so called problems doesnt mean there isn't one. From my experience of playing with the plugin on and off in the same round.. I felt like I was going 75-80% less far than I should have.

Detox wasn't ment to be ran on FF and therefore is screwing up the whole acceleration in game.
Well, I just got through with a couple of dozen concs with detox_sh both 0 and 1 and the distance and speed is the same, for me. Just because you've had some "so called problem" doesn't mean the problem is with Detox. I certainly haven't experienced a 75-80% reduction in distance nor speed. I was able to conc just as far, with either setting, on my server.

The current version of Detox did come out before FF, but it works well enough for me. I'm not having conc issues, at all but I did notice the jumping clamp down, when I tested. YMMV.

Old 10-07-2007, 01:59 PM   #76
rannibunny
You are a pirate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SME
To you, it isn't. To me, it is. You don't get to decide for me. Get it?
AHHHH, HAHAHAHAHA This guy is precious! When's your CD being released?

Old 10-07-2007, 02:01 PM   #77
rannibunny
You are a pirate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu!
we need hard coded bans for all these anti-bhop newbs that are server owners. this, bots and neotfc crap are gonna kill ff.
well said, tu!
If we could just torture one of them ratmins to death in a public place, maybe the survivors will learn...

Old 10-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #78
SmellyCat
Darknight

He's gotta be a troll, right?

Old 10-07-2007, 05:10 PM   #79
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellyCat
He's gotta be a troll, right?
You punks are trolling me, that's why so many of you inbred pieces of shit are on ignore. Welcome to the club, tard-o.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:38 PM   #80
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Ok, enough flaming on both sides.

Closed Thread