Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Other Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2017, 08:13 PM   #1
trepid_jon
Ray Ray Johnson
Fortress Forever Staff
 
trepid_jon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Class/Position: D Civilian
Gametype: Rocket Jousting
Affiliations: EAFD
Posts Rated Helpful 77 Times
Send a message via ICQ to trepid_jon Send a message via AIM to trepid_jon
Half-Life 3 (probably just episode 3) story "leaked"

A post about it at techraptor.

Apparently former Valve dev/writer Marc Laidlaw made a blog post with a coded synopsis of Gordon Freeman's final Half-Life story:
http://www.marclaidlaw.com/epistle-3/
(*archive)

Seems like it would have been a fun game with some trippy timeloop action, maybe the player finally seeing Gordon himself...probably still not talking, although it'd be interesting to have some kind of narration toward the end that turned out to be Gordon in a semi-twist to wrap things up. I dunno, haha. I like the description of stepping onto the ship at a calmer harmonized point along an interdimensional string portal thing. I get the feeling there were going to be Portal-like portals with "entry and exit" points then variations of that tech leading up to this "self-contained" thing and the "elastic band" mentioned with the harmonized stuff.

Also G-man = grey man, not government man. Suddenly so obvious. I guess if you go deep enough into grey men theories they're probably government men too. Or something, whatever hah.

Maybe people should band together and make a fanmade mod or something using Laidlaw's story as a guide....
__________________
Support FF:
Trepid
steamcommunity.com/id/trepid_jon/
trepid_jon is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 08-28-2017, 11:36 AM   #2
JackBauer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Switzerland
Posts Rated Helpful 18 Times
the Story sounds interesting and anarctica is one of the most mysterious places on earth. unfortunately it's not a common setting for Videogames at all, so I would have loved it.

HL3 might be buried forever.
__________________
Swiss Fortress Community
JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-06-2017, 03:58 PM   #3
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual
 
Innoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: "Oscar Mike"
Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
the Story sounds interesting and anarctica is one of the most mysterious places on earth. unfortunately it's not a common setting for Videogames at all, so I would have loved it.

HL3 might be buried forever.
Why do you say that. Did Valve shutter further HL development?
__________________
Mooga on Obama: He can cut taxes. Actually do something useful. Punch Nancy Pelosi in the face. Just to name a few.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-08-2017, 02:19 PM   #4
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
They may as well have. HL3 just isn't a priority, anymore.

Speaking of games... when was the last game Valve released? That THEY developed, that is.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
See kids? Only Iggy and FT are good enough to post when high.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-24-2017, 09:20 AM   #5
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Dexter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
They may as well have. HL3 just isn't a priority, anymore.

Speaking of games... when was the last game Valve released? That THEY developed, that is.
portal 2? l4d2? too old to remember? valve invented a money printer so RIP eh

i mean heck, the only thing i cared about is source sdk and they couldnt even figure out how to correctly put it on git without 100k diff line endings
__________________
9:17 PM - DEXTER: can you teach me how to play o
9:17 PM - squeek.: you jump a lot
9:18 PM - squeek.: and do sweet moves

8:55 PM - FDA: fart in you fridge and blame it on wild animals
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-10-2017, 10:37 AM   #6
JackBauer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Switzerland
Posts Rated Helpful 18 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc View Post
Why do you say that. Did Valve shutter further HL development?
not officially. however valve haven't made anything in years and due the success of steam they don't financially rely on ever making a new HL title.

rumours and ex-employees say they had worked on several different prototypes, yet nothing concrete.

the fact most of the team members of the HL or HL2-development team have left valve and it's been so long since valve released Episode 2 leads me to the conclusion, that they just don't bother making HL3.
__________________
Swiss Fortress Community
JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-19-2017, 02:14 PM   #7
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual
 
Innoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: "Oscar Mike"
Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
not officially. however valve haven't made anything in years and due the success of steam they don't financially rely on ever making a new HL title.

rumours and ex-employees say they had worked on several different prototypes, yet nothing concrete.

the fact most of the team members of the HL or HL2-development team have left valve and it's been so long since valve released Episode 2 leads me to the conclusion, that they just don't bother making HL3.
After Imposted my prior question I did go looking for something on this idea. That's too bad. I sure enjoyed the stories.
__________________
Mooga on Obama: He can cut taxes. Actually do something useful. Punch Nancy Pelosi in the face. Just to name a few.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote


Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.