Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 11-27-2005, 07:16 PM   #181
o_loader

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Brainwashing:

Intensive, forcible indoctrination, usually political or religious, aimed at destroying a person's basic convictions and attitudes and replacing them with an alternative set of fixed beliefs.

As Salty said, if you were brought up in a Christian family the chances of you becoming Christian are VERY high.

The chances of you becoming and other faith are VERY low.

Surely this is SOME kind of brainwashing?

I'm NOT saying EVERYONE who believes in god is brainwashed, just people who have been brought up in a certain way have been forced to believe!
o_loader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2005, 02:40 AM   #182
o_vertical

In reply to the first post only (not the entire thread).

"The only true knowledge is to know that you know nothing at all."

And how do you know that anything has an end other than someone else told you that it does. What if everything you where ever taught was completely wrong. What if everything you think you know really doesn't even exist. There is no big, there is no small, there really is just nothing at all which actually defines somethings size. We look at ourselves as the basis for what is big or small. The smallest we have looked is atoms, how do you know that deep inside atoms isn't another small unit, and inside that isn't another and another and another and so on. How do you know that space is big, perhaps space is just as big as the smallest of the smallest of the smallest and so on part of the atom. Size is infinite.

So whats beyond the universe? Infinity, Eternity.
o_vertical is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2005, 06:15 AM   #183
o_tennovan

Being brought up to believe something is in no way brainwashing. This can apply to any aspect of your life from small habits to personality. I was raised to be a sarcastic humorous person and I have a small chance of changing to be mellow and straight forward... doesn't mean I was brainwashed. I actually haven't read any of the previous posts really but I think just because you were raised to be a Christian doesn't really mean jack. What matters is if you follow through with those beliefs or choose to follow another path. Ok I'm putting the beer down now.

As far as the OP, I think it was scientifically proven that the universe is shaped like a soccer ball and by looking out the edge you are actually looking in on the other side. I can't remember where I read that but I will look into it. I imagine if the universe wasn't infinite, you'd probably find another universe beyond that. In my mind, I can see our universe being just one of many like cells or some shit. And maybe all those universes come together to make up something larger... something we'll never know of.
o_tennovan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2005, 11:45 PM   #184
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

It's been scientifically proven that most of these physicists are doing the educated equivalent of pulling shit out of their asses
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2005, 09:56 PM   #185
o_storm

The universe is like a balloon being inflated with all matter on the surface of the balloon and all matter moving away from all other matter. Travel in one direction to the end of the universe and you end up where you started.

APPARENTLY!!
o_storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2005, 10:00 PM   #186
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

And a day without the sun is like....night!
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2005, 10:18 PM   #187
o_backstaber

And very cold!!!
o_backstaber is offline   Reply With Quote