Speedrunner, Ramen-Lover

Class/Position: (D) HWGuy, (O) Medic/Scout
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 21 Times
Send a message via Skype™ to Ash_Marks
ff_hydro_b1

Here's the map

Here's the screenshots

Lemme know what you think; improvements, things you like, things you don't like -- tell me the map is shit.

I'm always willing to learn.
Ash_Marks is offline   Reply With Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:51 AM   #2
Fruitcake

Gametype: AvD/IvD
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Looks interesting, I'll be curious to see the flagroom scale for SG coverage and whether you can outrange SGs. Also whether you can keep any decent speed coming in "main". Is the flagstand solid? That stand is great for downconc sliding. Hope to try it out when I get to a PC this weekend. Glad to see people still putting out maps for this game. If you ever want someone to check out your map alphas hit me up.
Fruitcake is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:15 AM   #3
Ash_Marks
Speedrunner, Ramen-Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitcake View Post
Looks interesting, I'll be curious to see the flagroom scale for SG coverage and whether you can outrange SGs. Also whether you can keep any decent speed coming in "main". Is the flagstand solid? That stand is great for downconc sliding. Hope to try it out when I get to a PC this weekend. Glad to see people still putting out maps for this game. If you ever want someone to check out your map alphas hit me up.
From the concs I've tested, there isn't a great way to keep speed coming in through main, spoon was playing on it earlier and said it was a very hard map for O. The flagstand is not solid.

You can outrange SG's decently well, generally only from the main entrance and the back corners of the room.

Something else that people have seemed to be confused about so far is the grate container type thing between ramp room and main. You can shoot hitscan weapons through it but not rockets or nails. I'll probably change that at some point.

I'm also not sold on the flagroom, I don't know if I like it too much but we'll see how it plays first.

Old 06-13-2017, 06:33 AM   #4
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
I'd leave the grate as is, unless it proves to be bad for balance due to location. (I haven't had a run around yet) Honestly I'm just as baffled about people not realizing you can shoot through grates, as people are baffled by the fact you can.

It's like, a standard source feature. I face palm when people hide under sec on schtop and then go "WTF?!?" when I ssg them down.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:39 AM   #5
Ash_Marks
Speedrunner, Ramen-Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDA_Approved View Post
I'd leave the grate as is, unless it proves to be bad for balance due to location. (I haven't had a run around yet) Honestly I'm just as baffled about people not realizing you can shoot through grates, as people are baffled by the fact you can.

It's like, a standard source feature. I face palm when people hide under sec on schtop and then go "WTF?!?" when I ssg them down.
It isn't true for all grate textures though, which I found strange. Possibly it's just the ones the FF dev team made that you can't shoot through, but I had to look for one that you can.