Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 04-17-2005, 11:15 AM   #1
o_the_truth

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
HUD: whats being done?

I think there are alot of different ways you could go with making the hud. I used the search option and read what people have asked and what you have told about it. Im just wondering what you guys are actually going to do with it. Is it going to be color, are you changing the icons look, stuff like that. So if an admin can post about what you are doing, or thinking about doing that would be great. And then we can give you our input on what you have in mind and maybe even give you some more cool ideas.
o_the_truth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2005, 11:57 AM   #2
o_grudge

Hopefully it will remain as minimalist as possible. I've never been a great fan of clutter on the screen - so I wouldn't expect to see anything more than a ammo and health counter, plus the symbols when oyu prime a grenade and the like...
o_grudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2005, 01:21 PM   #3
o_mooga

I would like a much larger hud that looks really darn cool personaly.
I would like looks over just small information....
o_mooga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2005, 01:48 PM   #4
o_otiz

Seeing two different views here (Mooga wants clutter, Grudge does not) I think a choice of two huds would be nice.
o_otiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2005, 02:17 PM   #5
o_meisteh

quake (or whatever) styles where you can choose different levels of detail on the hud would be elite. basically smaller or larger i think.
o_meisteh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2005, 02:50 PM   #6
o_spud

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Don't fix what aint broke!
o_spud is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2005, 03:11 PM   #7
o_saintrancid-tpf-

with grudge on this one. just the basic stuff we need to know and thats it

health, armour, ammo etc
o_saintrancid-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2005, 03:16 PM   #8
o_frenchtoast

I want a HUD and I don't care from that point on. All it needs is health, ammo, armour, and whatever else you wanna put on. There just isn't much stuff that can be put on to a TFC hud.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2005, 04:48 PM   #9
o_grudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast
I want a HUD and I don't care from that point on. All it needs is health, ammo, armour, and whatever else you wanna put on. There just isn't much stuff that can be put on to a TFC hud.
Heh - in theory you could put lots of information on. You could have flag location on permenantly - team scores, round time remaining. You could have ammo counts for each and every weapon you are carrying. You could put grenade counts on. Engineers could have readouts of every part of their dispenser and sg ammo status. You could have a little icon to remind you what team you are on and what class you are playing. You could maybe add your name to the top, maybe even list the quantities of class every member of your team is playing. You could list your personal kills, deaths and caps. Maybe your ping with a graph showing it varying over time? How about your total playing time today?

Of course if any of that gets added I might break down and cry

Old 04-17-2005, 05:04 PM   #10
o_bad brains

I dun care whats on it aslong as you can either:
Minimize the font/icon size
or deselect options you dont want on it.
o_bad brains is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2005, 05:20 PM   #11
o_sobe green

Clutter doesn't bother me. And its doesn't bother me when my food touches :O

As long as the default HUD looks decent the community will take care of the rest as they always do.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2005, 05:58 PM   #12
o_otiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grudge
Quote:
Heh - in theory you could put lots of information on. You could have flag location on permenantly - team scores, round time remaining. You could have ammo counts for each and every weapon you are carrying. You could put grenade counts on. Engineers could have readouts of every part of their dispenser and sg ammo status. You could have a little icon to remind you what team you are on and what class you are playing. You could maybe add your name to the top, maybe even list the quantities of class every member of your team is playing. You could list your personal kills, deaths and caps. Maybe your ping with a graph showing it varying over time? How about your total playing time today?

It would be much nicer to have the option to!
o_otiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2005, 07:24 PM   #13
o_grudge

I guess Unreals HUD would go down pretty well? I think I remember that having lots of options

Old 04-17-2005, 07:40 PM   #14
o_frenchtoast

Quote:
Quote:

I think you may have missed my point just a little bit. What I meant was, realistically you can't put much stuff on. If someone implemented what you said, they'd get shot... by me. Honestly, if you wanted a practical one you don't need much stuff, and in a game like TFC, a practical one doesn't have much at all.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2005, 07:57 PM   #15
o_grudge

t'was only a joke

Old 04-17-2005, 08:12 PM   #16
o_mooga

Quote:
See, stuff like that would be cool for me.
I like a HUD that reminds me of a comand center: Too much information.
Your talking to a person you hits tab constantly to check on what the teams are, who's playing what, how many of what class, and how are team is doing.
Lot's of information is what I like as long as you can still manuver the game.
And just BC it's tthere doesn't mean you are always checking it but it's good to have avaible.
o_mooga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2005, 08:46 PM   #17
o_sobe green

I'm alot like you Mooga. While I wouldn't want to see the ammo count for all my weapons the count for my last weapon (the one lastinv is going to pull) wouldn't bother me much at all. Radars, crosshairs with info (see sniper rifle charge meter), flag location, or even detailed dispenser counts don't bother me at all. Detailed HUD for a defensive player is great. I admit as a Scout or maybe a Medic I wouldn't use nearly any of the stuff. But for just about everyone else I find it all very useful.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2005, 01:42 AM   #18
o_the_truth

Id like to see some color put into the hud not just a lame ugly yellow. Green for health and Red for armor stuff like that. Spice it upa little bit, but I am still waiting for a admin to post on what they are thinking/doing for the hud.
o_the_truth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2005, 03:03 AM   #19
o_thedarkone

I'd really the minimalist look of hl 1/2. No stupid flashy colours, or opaque garbage blocking my view.
o_thedarkone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2005, 03:37 AM   #20
o_ink

Im all in favor of adding bells and whistles on the hud - just as long as they're optional for the player and easy to turn on and off. Nothing flashy, nothing colorful. Just simply the information a player would personally want.
o_ink is offline   Reply With Quote