Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Debates & Arguments

Old 05-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Politics of the US Update

Nothings changed....we continue to have people in office and running for office who are almost entirely consumed with actions that serve only to build their own power base. The few exceptions to this are entirely too weak to affect the masses chasing their Bread and Circuses...

On a more serious note I really do not understand why the common citizen doesn't get the concept of perpetually spending more than you take in....if you cannot get away with it in your personal life why on earth would it make sense for government?

Does anyone think that there's any chance that we'll see a real shift in Government wherein this retarded trend can be reversed?

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
reaper18
sKeeD
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout, Demo, Solly
Gametype: Any
Posts Rated Helpful 21 Times
Send a message via AIM to reaper18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc View Post
Nothings changed....we continue to have people in office and running for office who are almost entirely consumed with actions that serve only to build their own power base. The few exceptions to this are entirely too weak to affect the masses chasing their Bread and Circuses...

On a more serious note I really do not understand why the common citizen doesn't get the concept of perpetually spending more than you take in....if you cannot get away with it in your personal life why on earth would it make sense for government?

Does anyone think that there's any chance that we'll see a real shift in Government wherein this retarded trend can be reversed?
Only when politicians do not receive as much money as they get. They are paid like professional athletes, and to what, destroy our country from the inside? If they made as much as a construction worker per say, maybe more humble people would be in office and we wouldn't have to worry about this charade they put on in order to make a quick buck. If i could give myself bonuses, i would, and thats a problem when your a representative of an entire first world country. And then you have the supreme court who rules corporations as 'people', and thusly, they can spend as such, leaving poorer classes in the dust. Same goes with SuperPacs, etc..

Its all about the Benjamens baby
reaper18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Class/Position: kittens are sneaky, spy
Gametype: Capture the mouse
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
I see sudden and abrupt change if... people stop watching television.

If all the news channels keep calling someone crazy or old like Ron Paul but he still gains support ... especially among the young, there is hope.
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.
stray kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #4
WiFiDi
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Capture the Flag is there any other
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc View Post

rich people that make all the money don't, that's why their (still) rich. you think bill gates got rich because he spent more than he earned... however our current generation seems to think that they do. (i blame propaganda.) we all gotta blame someone, other than ourselves ofc.

ps: *looks at sig* please do and be sure to do it on national television for all us to see.
It's a happy massacre?! (yes, yes it is!)
To make most awesome thing in universe combine Bears and Nicholas Cage!
and remember kids, we didn't start the flame-war!

Last edited by WiFiDi; 05-25-2012 at 11:35 PM.
WiFiDi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #5
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

It goes beyond the selfish interest of politicians.

The bigger the government the more people it employs directly and indirectly. I am sure everyone has seen the media machine state the average government employees make more than an employee at Microsoft.

This creates a dangerous situation where peoples self interest, i.e. they get to keep their employment, helps sustain the downward spiral of fiscal responsibility and who we elect as a blind population. And when you add in a seemingly limitless amount of indirect benefits paid to people from all different levels of society such as education, medicare, social security, grants, construction, military, aid, and on and on - it becomes damn near hopeless.

And the same people keep getting re-elected over and over. As soon as a politician feels threatened or a benefit is threatened the people who benefit start to spend money and resources to scare everyone into making a decision at the ballot box. And it keeps growing. When they do this knowing they are leading us down the path to economic destruction they are worst than a hundred greedy bankers bailed out by Obama. Or just one Micheal Moore.

Then to if you remove all that influence to keep spending and benefiting, and voting for your own single handout, there are a few core large groups on the left and the right that vote solely based on a couple of key principles and nothing else!

What a waste. I bet everyone in the groups I mentioned will tell you that Ron Paul is crazy.
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
The balance of power and return to constituents has drastically changed.

People are starting to buy their offices with donated money instead of earning their offices with honest pledges of change. Once they find themselves in their seat of power of course they are only going to do the things that help them the most because it's human nature, and that's why they are there.

How many people in this country are happy with the performance of congress lately? And yet there's nothing we can do about it as a nation except wait until the next election and start over again.

I think regardless of the president we have the situation will change very little. And I like Obama, he shares a lot of my general view points. But since he isn't finishing anything he starts in an effort to compromise his plans just aren't working. Either go all the way or not at all.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #7
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife View Post
How many people in this country are happy with the performance of congress lately? And yet there's nothing we can do about it as a nation except wait until the next election and start over again.
Not many are happy with it, there is a documented downward trend for a decade showing people are unhappy with congress. Yet they keep the same people in. Drives me nutz.

And when fresh faces show up the establishment and the media they control make them out to be crazy. Let's look at the presidential race... Mit or Obama? Fuck you. I am tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. The democrats the republicans and the establishment on both sides can kiss my ass.

Last edited by stray kitten; 06-08-2012 at 02:26 PM.