Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 07:04 PM   #361
Elman

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I usually play Dystopia, but I'll be playing this mod after its release: it seems pretty promising, specially when I'm not gonna buy TF2 at all (Not that I was gonna buy HL2 and Ep1 again, specially knowing that Ep1 sucks. But now, on top of that, they try to screw up such a promising mod like this). And, tbh, if I was a FF dev I'd be pretty pissed right now.

I understand, of course, that they want to earn money. But then, they should have just told you to stop developing the fucking game months ago instead of letting you work on it for ages and THEN sabotage it like that. What's next, a "We changed our mind, please cease and desist" letter to the Black-Mesa: Source devs a week before its final release? God...

It's not that like they wanted to see which one's preferred by the players, since this ain't a fair competition. The hardcore-ish fans who play a few different HL2 mods will most likely be the ones who'll preorder and stop playing FF if they like TF2. About the rest of the players... Well, they don't give a shit about quality, and most don't know about the mods. That's why lame games like HL2DM have bigger playerbases than good mods like Dystopia, PVK2, The Hidden or (Most likely) Fortress Forever.

Anyway, you should seriously consider releasing the game sooner. Maybe the 14th: there'll be a whole weekend for people to play and start loving the game before TF2 gets released. If you get enough people to play FF first, even if they play TF2 afterwards at least they'll be able to tell the differences, and the competition will be a little more fair (Which it won't be if you wait till the 17th).

Good luck guys

Last edited by Elman; 09-11-2007 at 07:15 PM.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:06 PM   #362
semu

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawd
I don't understand all the whining about this so called "re-purchasing" of HL2, and HL2 episode 1. You are buying HL2: episode 2, Portal, and TF2 for only $45.00 and they are throwing in the first 2 games for free. Jesus, if they had not offered the first two games for free, I don't think anyone would complain about $45.00 for 3 games. Your getting 5 games for fk sake! Who cares if you already own two of them.. it's $45.00!!! I'm far from rich, but I think this is a great deal.
besides i already own hl2 and im not interested in ep1/ep2 and portal, $45 just to start playing a beta of tf2 on monday .. no thx ;p but i dont really care, im waiting for ff.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #363
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Send a message via Yahoo to 4est
Quote:
I don't understand all the whining about this so called "re-purchasing" of HL2, and HL2 episode 1. You are buying HL2: episode 2, Portal, and TF2 for only $45.00 and they are throwing in the first 2 games for free. Jesus, if they had not offered the first two games for free, I don't think anyone would complain about $45.00 for 3 games. Your getting 5 games for fk sake! Who cares if you already own two of them.. it's $45.00!!! I'm far from rich, but I think this is a great deal.

It's sooooo simple - 3/5 of Orange box should cost less than Orange box.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:13 PM   #364
Elman

Quote:
Well, first of all, Episode 1 sucked. 20€ for such a short game... And now we're supposed to pay 45€ for another short episode, Portal (Which will take about 3 hours to finish, afaik) and TF2 (Which I don't even want to play. Tbh I never liked Team Fortress Classic, but I was going to give FF a try to see if I liked it better now [After all I was 12 or something when I played TFC, and I don't think I really bothered to learn to play properly]). So, 45€ for 2 games I already own, 1 I don't even want, 1 that will be fun to play but too short (Portal), and another one which may or may not be as short as Ep1 (Ep2...)? No, thanks.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #365
Rawd

I understand that 4est. But I'm just saying, What if they hadn't offered HL2, and HL2: Episode 1. Would you thin that $45.00 is a bad deal? I'm not trying to argue with anyone, I guess we all have our own opinion. I just think it's not a bad deal. $15.00 per game, plus 2 other games I already own. I think it's a good deal.

P.S. Desyphur... If you want my HL2, and HL2 epsiode one, I'll give them to you.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:18 PM   #366
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Send a message via Yahoo to 4est
Quote:
I understand that 4est. But I'm just saying, What if they hadn't offered HL2, and HL2: Episode 1. Would you thin that $45.00 is a bad deal? I'm not trying to argue with anyone, I guess we all have our own opinion. I just think it's not a bad deal. $15.00 per game, plus 2 other games I already own. I think it's a good deal.

P.S. Desyphur... If you want my HL2, and HL2 epsiode one, I'll give them to you.

Agreed - $45 is a good deal for the black box.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:22 PM   #367
tu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEH_BABOON
Are you kidding me?
no, im serious. i doubt ppl would even care about hl2 if it wasn't bundled w/ css.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:28 PM   #368
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Quote:

I don't need HL2, but I'll take Episode One! Go ahead and PM me when you have em

Old 09-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #369
mistermojo
the pumps dont work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu!
no, im serious. i doubt ppl would even care about hl2 if it wasn't bundled w/ css.
css is shit
hl2 was at least pretty good

but I agree with you sort of, I don't really care about episode 2 or portal, I'll play it and beat it in 3-4 hours and then never play it again

Old 09-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #370
barronofhellion

*deep breath* Spooge Spooge Spooge Spooge Spooge Spooge Spooge Spooge Spooge Spooge Spooge Spooge Spooge and im spent

Old 09-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #371
C-Aim
Better than Never

Oh so the orange box on the PC is $50 now with the $5 from the 10% savings?

Anyway if the cost of EP2 was $20 then they are suggesting that you pay $30($25 w/ savings) for TF2 and Portal. I felt ripped off with the $20 for EP1 and thought it should have been around $15 to begin with... Buying all 3 Episodes would cost around $60, which is $10 more than a regular PC game.

Portal isn't worth worth much more than $5 considering how short it is (amazing-ness of the game be damned) so that's essentially $25-$30 for TF2 depending on how you value portal and another EPX Game (and depending on if you pre-order, which I would never do for a Valve game simply because they like to delay)

Even @ $40 for the black box the price was tolerable but not spectacular.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:37 PM   #372
Rawd

I just purchased, and I see that I also get Peggle Extreme for free. Cool. If you've ever played Peggle Deluxe, then this is just another added bonus.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:38 PM   #373
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

They do have TF2 up there for 49.95 separate in the discription.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:47 PM   #374
Rawd

Deyphur:

Somehow I am supposed to be able to install HL2, and HL2:E1 with my newly purchaced orange box. I unclicked them so I didn't install them a second time, but I think I was supposed to click on them to get my 2nd copies. There must be another way to do it though. Anyways, it says that I can't give them to you until the official release date. PM me then, and I'll send them over your way.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #375
BobTheChainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu!

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:04 PM   #376
barronofhellion

although i am sort of sad the release day is not on a friday or saturday, because i had a plan to buy a bottle of that 50$ tequilia and celebrate with a few toasts and shots and drinks then well i would be toasted.. now that it is on a monday i probably only get in 30+ mins because of all the stuff i have to do during the week.. oh well, it will be loaded all up and the tequilia will be aged a few more days ;p

Old 09-11-2007, 08:12 PM   #377
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Quote:
Deyphur:

Somehow I am supposed to be able to install HL2, and HL2:E1 with my newly purchaced orange box. I unclicked them so I didn't install them a second time, but I think I was supposed to click on them to get my 2nd copies. There must be another way to do it though. Anyways, it says that I can't give them to you until the official release date. PM me then, and I'll send them over your way.

Alright, I can wait. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:10 PM   #378
BobTheChainsaw

They gonna have other packages on steam foos.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:45 PM   #379
Wildfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu!
since when do ppl even care about single player games?
Would you kindly go play BioShock?

Old 09-11-2007, 09:49 PM   #380
mistermojo
the pumps dont work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire
Would you kindly go play BioShock?
bioshock was dissapointing and overrated

Closed Thread