Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 07-31-2006, 11:31 AM   #101
o_zaskar

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Ahh, you know your right about that, post addition it Is now a feature.

And yea that my definition of exploit too. The word automatically gives people a bad feeling but in HL's case (bolth 1 and source) it is behind some of the most fun things possible in the game. it just doesnt change the nature that their unintendded (exploit of the engine) but dont take that badly.

BTW what acually killed the bunnyhhopping in CS, did they acually find a way to remove it, or did they add the jump slowdown, which would effictivley kill it. (i dont rember the exact timeline of additions, and forget if they were at the same time)
o_zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 11:33 AM   #102
o_ekim

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Zaskar - In TFC, both bunnyhopping and nail gren bugging are exploits. Bunnyhoppng improves the game immensely. Nail gren bugging does not. What more needs to be said?
o_ekim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 11:35 AM   #103
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekiM
Zaskar - In TFC, both bunnyhopping and nail gren bugging are exploits. Bunnyhoppng improves the game immensely. Nail gren bugging does not. What more needs to be said?
Are you trying to argue with oppinion? In a pub what if a bunch of people dont like Bhopping? (as someone said is about 50/50 split with the HLCTF server they run) to hell with those noobs right, they probably cant do it anyways.

Old 07-31-2006, 11:46 AM   #104
o_bokko

Bunnyhopping and nailgrenbugs are exploits of the game engine. So are concing rocketjumping, grenjumping etc. No-one gives a shit, you can drop it now.

The reason people frown upon the use of the nailgrenade bug is because it worsens the gameplay.

Edit:
Quote:
In a pub what if a bunch of people dont like Bhopping? to hell with those noobs right, they probably cant do it anyways.
Again, what are you trying to prove here?
o_bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 12:09 PM   #105
o_dammage

can anyone explain the nail grenade bug for me please? You talk about it, but I just can't imagine what it is
o_dammage is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 12:21 PM   #106
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokko
Bunnyhopping and nailgrenbugs are exploits of the game engine. So are concing rocketjumping, grenjumping etc. No-one gives a shit, you can drop it now.

The reason people frown upon the use of the nailgrenade bug is because it worsens the gameplay.

Edit:

Again, what are you trying to prove here?
What am i trying to prove here? he just said that Bhopping improves gameplay and the nail gren only hurts it.

So in a put where many prob cant bhop or dont like it, and a few know how to do it, it doesnt matter if the rest dont like it im assuming? There are many that dont like it it seems, whats so hard to understand about that :P I play mostly surf/exploit type maps and even i know that :P

And your slickness not everyone knows that, ill drop it when people stop saying their different (well were, as was pointed out, it was later re added, regardless if they thought it should be removed or not from peoples demands)

Old 07-31-2006, 12:23 PM   #107
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage
can anyone explain the nail grenade bug for me please? You talk about it, but I just can't imagine what it is
You know how the nail nade lifts up a bit right when it starts to go off?

Well like throwing any primed nade, you count 3 beeps then right as the 4th is about to go off (the exploding one) throw it into a ceeling, if done right the nade will then lift up higher, into the ceeling and blow up everyone above. Its totally awsome and pisses snipers off like none other (usually the ones with the 30 kill/ 3death scores cause they stay hidden wheneveer enemies come :P)

On 2fort you can clear multiple snipers on the battlements that way, then go right above the spiral staircase and do it again, cause right above is the secondary respawn, and mostlikley some of the snipers you just killed will have respawned there. Double nail kill, man they get sooo mad, ahahahahahaha.

Old 07-31-2006, 12:25 PM   #108
o_dammage

ah, thats definitely an exploit.
Thanks for the evaluation
o_dammage is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 12:25 PM   #109
o_ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage
Prime a nail grenade and toss it right up against the ceiling. You want it to be going off right as it hits it. When it goes off, it raises up a bit and goes into the ceiling. When it blows up the blast is magnified and does a ton more damage.
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 12:25 PM   #110
o_sacred

^^^ Huh? (bah, thats to zaskar's 1:21 post, your all bastards for slipping the above 3 in)

This topic feels like its going round and round in circles and not getting anywhere.

Some people like bunnyhop some don't, who cares Fortress Forever has bunnyhop. End of

TF2 might, but most probably wont.
o_sacred is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 12:26 PM   #111
o_groovyf

I've never heard anyone in a public server complain about someone bunnyhopping, (certainly on non of the UK-based ones I've been admin-ing and playing on for over 5 years). Newcomers tend to think it's a cheat in action, but explain it's use of the jump and mouse-movements together, and they're happy.
o_groovyf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 12:31 PM   #112
o_coalesce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaskar
You know how the nail nade lifts up a bit right when it starts to go off?

Well like throwing any primed nade, you count 3 beeps then right as the 4th is about to go off (the exploding one) throw it into a ceeling, if done right the nade will then lift up higher, into the ceeling and blow up everyone above. Its totally awsome and pisses snipers off like none other (usually the ones with the 30 kill/ 3death scores cause they stay hidden wheneveer enemies come :P)

On 2fort you can clear multiple snipers on the battlements that way, then go right above the spiral staircase and do it again, cause right above is the secondary respawn, and mostlikley some of the snipers you just killed will have respawned there. Double nail kill, man they get sooo mad, ahahahahahaha.
the blast effects adjacent rooms above and below. pretty much kills whatever is there... a LOAD OF CRAP.
o_coalesce is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 12:32 PM   #113
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacred
^^^ Huh? (bah, thats to zaskar's 1:21 post, your all bastards for slipping the above 3 in)

This topic feels like its going round and round in circles and not getting anywhere.

Some people like bunnyhop some don't, who cares Fortress Forever has bunnyhop. End of

TF2 might, but most probably wont.
Thats true, i dont really play TFC anymore anyways (2fort is Awsome, so is Well, but they get old and really the only active TFC servers usually just run those 2 maps :/) so it doesnt even matter for me.

FF will have bhopping as a feature with a tutorial to help noobs out, and it wont have the nail sploit (god dammit, there goes all my fun) so it doesnt even matter

Old 07-31-2006, 12:33 PM   #114
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalesce
the blast effects adjacent rooms above and below. pretty much kills whatever is there... a LOAD OF CRAP.
its a total load of crap, and totally an exploit.

And so much fun you almost wanna ban yourself cause you know its too awsome to be killin those now PMSing score whoring (not that theres anything wrong with that) snipers off

Old 07-31-2006, 12:53 PM   #115
o_bokko

It's still very hard for anyone to understand what point you are trying to make here, I still can't see what the issue here is.
If you use one exploit, aren't you allowed to criticise another?
Aren't all features going to be disliked by some people?
Was there really a point of starting this debate in the first place?
You're just going round in cirkles.
o_bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 12:58 PM   #116
o_player

Zaskar, please, for the love of God use 'Exploit' instead of 'Sploit' for fuck sake. That was pissing me off more than this stupidly old argument was...

I couldn't care less if bunny hopping was removed because I can play perfectly fine with or without it, but bunny hopping improves and makes the gameplay more fun by 1234567890%. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero
BHop comes up every week over on the HL2CTF boards. We enabled it a few versions back (probably the same or a very similar to what FF has done).
Oh wow, I think it is time for me to redownload HL2: CTF
o_player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 01:01 PM   #117
o_ekim

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaskar
Are you trying to argue with oppinion? In a pub what if a bunch of people dont like Bhopping? (as someone said is about 50/50 split with the HLCTF server they run) to hell with those noobs right, they probably cant do it anyways.
No, I'm not trying to argue with opinion. But the vastly prevailing opinion is that bunnyhopping adds to the game. Even among people who can't bunnyhop only a small minority are "anti-bhop". What, exactly, is your point?
o_ekim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 01:39 PM   #118
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokko
It's still very hard for anyone to understand what point you are trying to make here, I still can't see what the issue here is.
If you use one exploit, aren't you allowed to criticise another?
Aren't all features going to be disliked by some people?
Was there really a point of starting this debate in the first place?
You're just going round in cirkles.
All i did was comment on how i always found it funny how people bitch about some kinds of Exploits but then when told that bhopping is one also (regardless of how bad or good a one you consider it, in the end its your oppinion which doesnt stand for anything in a debate) they get all defensive on how its not. And gues what, alotta people here did, want me to go in a circle again and comment on why you keep argueing with me? Same thing, 2 sides to every arguement, cant just blame 1 side when there is tons of responsses blasting their "side" ;P (which everyone thinks is right, and because of that its the other asses fault for keeping the arguement going)

Old 07-31-2006, 01:44 PM   #119
o_darknight

Are you surprised that people bitch about nail gren bug? It's lame as fuck.

So bunnyhopping is/was an exploit in TFC. It's not in FF. #care?
o_darknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2006, 01:46 PM   #120
o_elvis2049

well so what if it is/was an exploid its just fun!
just love the airmovement u can get with tfc with hopping :P
o_elvis2049 is offline   Reply With Quote