Class/Position: Scout / Offense
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: :e0: Founder
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to Nuk3m
Point taken, GL positive criticism here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lord
All the "lol, why play FF when TF2 is better talk" needs to stop. I'm all for free speech and what not but saying stuff like that doesnt do anyone any favours aside from making the original poster look like a twunt.

If you don't like the mod, fine. At least post constructive criticism on what could be changed rather than stating you're never gonna play FF again.
personally I feel (which as already been addressed) the spy is a bit too powerful at the moment. and HWguy AC is too powerful, and the sentries die a little bit easier then in TFC. also, i dont understand the scouts "special ability." the pyro is rounded nicely, and the civilian should have 75% immunity to AR then only 50% as i still see people bum rushing them in hunted.
Nuk3m is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2007, 05:51 PM   #2
gizmofo
The Bestest

Send a message via AIM to gizmofo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuk3m
personally I feel (which as already been addressed) the spy is a bit too powerful at the moment. and HWguy AC is too powerful, and the sentries die a little bit easier then in TFC. also, i dont understand the scouts "special ability." the pyro is rounded nicely, and the civilian should have 75% immunity to AR then only 50% as i still see people bum rushing them in hunted.
I really don't get it when people say the spy is overpowered. He has cloaking, GG. That may be his ONLY advantage. He's short on nades, has about the health of an engi, and is a normal speed class. He's just there for a single kill. A demo can run in and spam the hell out of defense and get twice the kills and stay alive. And the hit boxes for the knife sucks.
SG's were never meant to be solo-machines, but based entirely off how well your team can protect it.
To the best of my knowledge, the scout can sense where other players are within a radius. Though this is not that useful, as its a quick game and you don't have time to use it. I've used it maybe twice when I had some time.
As for the others, I don't have arguments for, but I think their fine.
gizmofo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2007, 06:40 PM   #3
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
The Scout Feature is useful when going for the flag, you avoid the enemy. You know their positions before going into a room, great for strategy before entering the room. I used it all the time in Shutdown 2 before entering the flag room. Start using it and you will notice how useful it is when you play Offence.

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:
GeoKill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2007, 07:02 PM   #4
Kataris

Usually on offense as a scout, I don't have time to slow down and use that feature. I'm concing through the base as fast as I can, getting past the defense to get the flag touch/toss. Especially on SD2, to get it out of the lasers area.

EDIT: I guess it would be useful for pub play, where things are a bit slower. I'm not much of a pubber though, so I can't say for sure.
Kataris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2007, 07:57 PM   #5
leg

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Maybe you can bind this feature with your conc key, thus priming and using it at the same time?

Old 09-23-2007, 09:06 PM   #6
Magical-Mark
Titles are overrated...

Quote:
and the civilian should have 75% immunity to AR then only 50% as i still see people bum rushing them in hunted.
Agreed more immunity to civilian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lord
All the "lol, why play FF when TF2 is better talk" needs to stop. I'm all for free speech and what not but saying stuff like that doesnt do anyone any favours aside from making the original poster look like a twunt.

If you don't like the mod, fine. At least post constructive criticism on what could be changed rather than stating you're never gonna play FF again.
AMEN!
FF≠TF2
TF2≠FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmofo
the hit boxes for the knife sucks.
They do!

Quote:
SG's were never meant to be solo-machines, but based entirely off how well your team can protect it.
He has makes a good point, and the SGs also in FF seems like they kill a lot faster than TFC (You could spam two grenades at them before you died today its barely one)

-Mark
Magical-Mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2007, 09:28 PM   #7
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical-Mark
Quote:
and the civilian should have 75% immunity to AR then only 50% as i still see people bum rushing them in hunted.
Agreed more immunity to civilian!
Agreed times two to more immunity to civilian!
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2007, 09:28 PM   #8
NoComply

I don't know about that, as a spy I know it takes two nades for an sg, maybe 1 for a level one and nailgunning them seems pretty close to tfc. I find it hard to kill sg's of an aware engy, you know one that isn't running to spam nades on a suicide run, seems like 2 nades isn't enough to kill an sg that an engy is repairing while the nades are going off. I try to kill him on the first nade.
NoComply is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 04:34 AM   #9
richard nixon

SGs are only easy to kill if that is your main mission. The only way I've had success killing them (besides suicide missions where I spam the hell out of them) is to just use the hwguy's ac, that's if I can get to the SG that is. With the AC cannon it's kinda easy, as long as you don't get distracted.

As a scout it's far too easy to strafe back and forth to 'confuse' the SG and just rape him with the nailgun or some nades..if you haven't used them already to slow down people coming after you.

I think each level the SG gets it should rotate and track down enemies a lot faster than it does now. And just give it like...10% more health/armor then it would be perfect.

Oh, and a new Level 3 model. TF2s level 3 SG model is so mean looking...(that's the only good point in TF2 in my opinion)
richard nixon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 04:46 AM   #10
Gigiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard nixon
As a scout it's far too easy to strafe back and forth to 'confuse' the SG and just rape him with the nailgun or some nades..if you haven't used them already to slow down people coming after you.
That's the second or third post on here (not by the same guy) saying that it's easy to take out an SG with nades as a scout. Are they confusing classes or just think scouts have frags?
Gigiya is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 05:23 AM   #11
Nuk3m
Banned

Class/Position: Scout / Offense
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: :e0: Founder
Send a message via AIM to Nuk3m
Quote:
I really don't get it when people say the spy is overpowered. He has cloaking, GG. That may be his ONLY advantage. He's short on nades, has about the health of an engi, and is a normal speed class. He's just there for a single kill. A demo can run in and spam the hell out of defense and get twice the kills and stay alive. And the hit boxes for the knife sucks.
To the best of my knowledge, the scout can sense where other players are within a radius. Though this is not that useful, as its a quick game and you don't have time to use it. I've used it maybe twice when I had some time.
As for the others, I don't have arguments for, but I think their fine.
points taken.
although you have a very complelling view, while as far as spy you are correct, I feel while cloaked should be a bit more visible while in motion as i have had spies run by my side at times. it may just be an untrained eye too.

you prove a very good point about the SG, it is a Team weapon. and good engis can keep theirs alive.

as far as the scouts special ability, i would suggest granting a wider detect radious, or possible LIVE positon for a lesser time, for the same amount of time alotted instead of the snapshot it provides now. while both these will have their balancing issues, im sure the dev team can find a way to improve on its special ability.
Nuk3m is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 01:59 PM   #12
Agent Buckshot Moose
Wiki Standards Team
Wiki Team

Class/Position: Sniper/Demoman
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: :e0: Co-leader
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
I can see spies pretty easily while they're cloaked and moving. As for Engineers, am I the only one who thinks SGs are invincible death machines right now? Lol. Maybe it's just because of aardvark...
Agent Buckshot Moose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 02:16 PM   #13
Uncle-Argon

I think that sgs are far harder to kill now than they were in tfc. This might be because the nailgun doesnt seem to perform too well, but I think its more than that. Getting the sg down in the sd2 flagroom or even on monkey is a lot harder than it was in tfc. They might not track quite as well, but in the time it takes to down them (particulary with an engi behind them) you tend to die from either the gun or the other defenders.
Uncle-Argon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 02:19 PM   #14
gizmofo
The Bestest

Send a message via AIM to gizmofo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Buckshot Moose
=Maybe it's just because of aardvark...
Ew.. Aardvark.
gizmofo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 02:22 PM   #15
barronofhellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle-Argon
nailgun doesnt seem to perform too well
i think that might be due to the fact that hl2 supports open areas a lot better , most of the maps space area are tons larger then hl1 maps ... just my opinion
barronofhellion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 06:21 PM   #16
Alastair

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard nixon
Do caltrops and concussion grenades hurt SGs now?

-Alastair
Alastair is offline   Reply With Quote