Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 11:42 PM   #1
SizeableSSonic
Joystick Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Engineer or Sniper
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to SizeableSSonic Send a message via MSN to SizeableSSonic
The "bitch about the number of people playing" thread.

There you go.

Now obey and bitch about the number of people playing Fortress Forever.

Last edited by SizeableSSonic; 09-22-2007 at 12:17 AM.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:47 PM   #2
bradley
Oldbie

Send a message via AIM to bradley Send a message via MSN to bradley
Not needed in my honest opinion. Now it pretty much encourages people to post negative remarks/comments about the community.

Dumb >.>

Old 09-22-2007, 12:06 AM   #3
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
There are too many people playing FF.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:34 AM   #4
Magical-Mark
Titles are overrated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek.
There are too many people playing FF.
Agreed!
Let it only be two people playing engineers! (def of course)[/sarcasm]

I think that there are two many people that just plays it as a deathmatch type of game (witch it is not) I'd like to see a larger number of players playing Capture The Flag instead of Deathmatch at mid map!

Old 09-22-2007, 01:09 AM   #5
NewKleer

does people playing it as deathmatch shows that we've drawn some players that didnt necessarily play tfc/qwtf? (or did ppl play off and def at same time by default in tfc/qwtf?)

if thats the case, we should make sure theyre aware of the goals etc of game rather than just saying theyre silly newbs and telling them to piss off.

Old 09-22-2007, 01:39 AM   #6
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

I was playing engineer on offence about an hour ago. That was fun

I was railgun jumping everywhere, killing pyros and heavys left and right

Old 09-22-2007, 03:15 AM   #7
BlindSite

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I think its a good mix of new and old players. There's the old hats who're a challenge and the n00bs who provide good target practice.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:59 AM   #8
df`

It boggles my mind though that more people are playing TFC than FF now. I mean, to me, after playing FF, TFC is just blatantly inferior. It looks dated, the sound effects are dull, it just feels...flimsy. And ragdolls add so much to a game like Team Fortress.

But if you've been following steam stats it almost seems like people played FF, then decided they like TFC better? Does not compute...

Old 09-22-2007, 04:04 AM   #9
NewKleer

lots of ppl have old pcs

and dont forget 300 of tfc ppl are bots

Old 09-22-2007, 04:05 AM   #10
df`

...I really doubt that steam stats counts the bots.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:11 AM   #11
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical-Mark
Agreed!
Let it only be two people playing engineers! (def of course)[/sarcasm]

I think that there are two many people that just plays it as a deathmatch type of game (witch it is not) I'd like to see a larger number of players playing Capture The Flag instead of Deathmatch at mid map!
Yea and a lot of the old "exploits" are being used again. I say exploits in quotes because they aren't really exploiting just using the game mechanics to annoy. Be it the annoying demo who has a goal to either plant a detpack on the bridge of well or end up in your spawn and tossing all his pipes and grenades in before the respawn turret gets him (sometimes both). Or the medic who just wants to infect people. Even worse the two guys tossing the flag back and forth in spawn. And last but not least the new Engy that thinks building a SG on the upper respawn exit in well will put a stop to all of this only to block the entire team from exiting and allowing that same demo/medic to get us all in one swipe. There is a 24/7 Well Server that I will not say the name of that lacks admins and you'll find this in there almost 24/7. It stays full regardless but I've seen some skilled players leave that server over it.

This isn't a fault on anyone's part but I hope a lot of this get addressed in the next few patches.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:36 AM   #12
Industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
Yea and a lot of the old "exploits" are being used again. I say exploits in quotes because they aren't really exploiting just using the game mechanics to annoy. Be it the annoying demo who has a goal to either plant a detpack on the bridge of well or end up in your spawn and tossing all his pipes and grenades in before the respawn turret gets him (sometimes both). Or the medic who just wants to infect people. Even worse the two guys tossing the flag back and forth in spawn. And last but not least the new Engy that thinks building a SG on the upper respawn exit in well will put a stop to all of this only to block the entire team from exiting and allowing that same demo/medic to get us all in one swipe. There is a 24/7 Well Server that I will not say the name of that lacks admins and you'll find this in there almost 24/7. It stays full regardless but I've seen some skilled players leave that server over it.

This isn't a fault on anyone's part but I hope a lot of this get addressed in the next few patches.
We certainly have to attack these things as a community, not much the devs can do to help us here. Everyone just needs to do their part and discourage/report it.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:40 AM   #13
tu!

we need a bitch about patches/updates thread desperately.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:52 AM   #14
Kao

Quote:
Originally Posted by df`
It boggles my mind though that more people are playing TFC than FF now. I mean, to me, after playing FF, TFC is just blatantly inferior. It looks dated, the sound effects are dull, it just feels...flimsy. And ragdolls add so much to a game like Team Fortress.

But if you've been following steam stats it almost seems like people played FF, then decided they like TFC better? Does not compute...
Take a look at how many people play CS compared to CS:S.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:51 AM   #15
NoPriz

OMFG, WAS ON A SERVER AND THERE WAS 23 OUT OF 24 slots filled ,wtf it wasnt full, game must be dying!...........

ehh its still new people calm yourself, start advertising more if you want new players lol, word of mouth isnt enough which has been stated quite a lot, but advertising on big sites and major places is easier said than done

Old 09-22-2007, 07:52 AM   #16
Iori Branford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kao
Take a look at how many people play CS compared to CS:S.
Better yet look at HL1 sysreqs vs. Source sysreqs.

I'm really damn grateful we have as many players as we do. If anything, maybe the capture point maps (dustbowl, cornfield) could be played a little more.

Last edited by Iori Branford; 09-22-2007 at 07:58 AM.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:55 AM   #17
NewKleer

Quote:
Originally Posted by df`
...I really doubt that steam stats counts the bots.
yeh i think you're right, cause theres more slots taken in tfc than current stats suggest

Old 09-22-2007, 07:56 AM   #18
Beavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPriz
word of mouth isnt enough
That's how CS took off in the beginning wasn't it? Although there's stacks more competition around these days.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:26 AM   #19
aflaedge
Resident QWTF God

I'm so pissed about the people not playing FF and bitching in this thread instead!

Old 09-23-2007, 02:54 AM   #20
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
this is a sad day for fortress forever

i must say, i love this mod. others do not. my absoulote worst fear have come true. Drippy's is NOT coming to FF, is coming to TF2. very sad. im going to miss this mod. very fun. im still going to play it, but it will die soon. few people are playing. Dustbowl isnt as fun cuz almost no one plays it. FF>TF2 in my opopion, but not in many others, especcailly off of this forum. FF, i hope you stand the test of time. you are so deep, so fun, so great, even with my crappy hardware (DX7) it proves this has supiroer gameplay. FF devs, im glad you made this mod, very glad, yet others do not apprecite the better gameplay.
thank you devs. thanks for making this awsome mod. Cheers.

Closed Thread