Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Tips and Tutorials

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2010, 12:07 PM   #11
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
If you're taking any damage from a nade you're not using your sg as a shield properly. It does block all damage if you position yourself properly. If anything its far easier to use the sg to block nades in ff than it is in tfc, nades in tfc that actually land real close to the sg in tfc do damage through the gun and it doesn't block anything, the radius in tfc is larger and more powerful than what we have in ff for regular frags.
My memory is blurry on nades. It's possible when it's on the ground that causes the damage to behave differently. You're right about TFC grenades, although I remember that situation being rather rare.

What kills my sg's are ROCKETS most of the time. Unless values have been changed recently, one detonating on impact with the sg will carry through to you if you're within range to repair it. You can do sort of a back and forth dance to try and repair it in between blasts, but it's tricky to pull off as it requires very accurate timing and is impossible if you have any lag. In TFC you could stand next to it and simply repair it.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote