Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 03-11-2005, 01:40 PM   #121
o_falleh

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
@dr_nick -TPF- (concepts page 1)

i think the FF medic concept better then yours... but i love your pyro!!!!
o_falleh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2005, 02:05 PM   #122
o_medi

funny cos the FF medic concept is his.. if im not mistaken
o_medi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2005, 02:22 PM   #123
o_cruor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medi
funny cos the FF medic concept is his.. if im not mistaken
It is, it's the one he made after joining the team
o_cruor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2005, 09:19 AM   #124
o_yare

That's funny. My girlfriend is an Asian combat medic. =)

I remember a while back, the Q3F team was talking about adding in a male/female model for each class, since it would be a huge "first" for any multiplayer FPS game. Perhaps when your modellers run low on work, it would be something to consider.

//edit

On that same note, adding in selectable skin tones for the different races would also be unique among mods and FPS games.

I mean, as a White male it doesn't occur to me how often I wind up playing.... White males in video games so it doesn't bother me. If I were a non-white or female gamer, I'd be severely disappointed in today's games.

I know two women who played the original TFC religiously (one White, one Asian). I'm sure most of you on the staff also know some female or non-white gamers (or perhaps are).

I think it would grab a lot of attention for your mod, at any rate, and perhaps blaze a trail that actual game studios will look to follow in the future. If anything, it will provide accommodation to that rare and precious thing -the "minority" (female or non-white) gamer upon which the future success and proliferation of the industry relies.
o_yare is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2005, 10:07 AM   #125
o_storm

TO EVERYONE STILL GOIG ON ABOUT FEMALE MODELS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
Will there be female player models?
Quote:
All the classes will almost certainly be male. We have discussed a female medic/spy/whatever but in the end the majority of the team went for blokes. Hitboxes were a slight consideration - a male model would be taler than a female model but females tend to have two pointy bits on their chest. If you let people choose the model than the hitboxes must also change. People would very quickly identify which model had the biggest hitboxes and use it to their advantage. Added to all of this the extra time that would have to be spent modelling and skinning the extra models - its all a bit much for a bit of political correctness

Quote:
We have discussed having a female player model (or two) but ultimately decided not to go for it (at least not at the moment).

http://www.fortress-forever.com/foru...opic.php?t=177
http://www.fortress-forever.com/foru...opic.php?t=317
o_storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2005, 02:36 PM   #126
o_yare

Hmmm.... it's a damn shame that this idea keeps getting passed on by different developers and mod teams. I'd wager a fair chunk of change that the media would eat it up.
o_yare is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2005, 05:17 PM   #127
o_binarylife

Quote:
Stop being such a conservative; medics have HIV and infect the enemy, remember
Maybe back in Quake, but in the Half-Life version of TFC, it's just infection.
o_binarylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2005, 05:26 PM   #128
o_legacy

Quote:
If I were a non-white or female gamer, I'd be severely disappointed in today's games.
In all honesty I dont care what race or gender my character is as long as its aesthetically pleasing. Which by the looks of it the FF team are going to deliver. Really pleased with your progress!

I'm getting rather miffed about how politically correct everything has to be. But yeh, stick a bird in there, give her big breasts and a pretty face because everyone girl looks that way.

What used to piss me right off was those maths text books at school; they couldnt settle for a few commonly used English names but had to go all out for the rarest asian sounding names they could fabricate. I just didn't get it. Too many people trying not to step on each others toes over a few names in some kids test book. Ok great, now I know there's someone out there called Punjalina. Joy.

Oo a rant
o_legacy is offline   Reply With Quote