Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2006, 12:37 PM   #201
o_eat

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
tiki i'll worry about the framerates, you worry about being a tosser.
o_eat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2006, 01:39 PM   #202
o_ginger lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by eat
tiki i'll worry about the framerates, you worry about being a tosser.
lol burn.

Anyway, see nothing in the well pics to even think about lowering speeds. Unless your running on like a 1.8ghz Thunderbird, in which case you should be shot.
o_ginger lord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2006, 01:47 PM   #203
o_balls

Well needed changing anyway. Its such a 0-0 map in matches so hopefully a little bit of change might spice it up without screwing it up for random pubs (you never know, you might even enjoy it!). Plus, eats map making skillz are amazing, I can trust him to make a decent OvD map (more ramps plx!).
o_balls is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2006, 02:19 PM   #204
o_miguelitup

So, I've been watching this mod for awhile now.

I finally felt the need to sign-up for the forums just so I could tell you guys how amazing it all looks. I've been anxiously waiting for this mod for AWHILE now, I love TF to death and I really can't wait to see TF with some awesome ragdoll physics and hopefully gibs as well? I'm just stoked to finally be playing TF with the source engine, it will definitely be an amazing experience! I think you guys are doing a wonderful job! Sure things look different, but I can totally understand as to why some minor changes are being made to maps, it's nothing too crucial and sometimes change is good. The same thing can be recycled for so long before it just grows repetitive, I mean, even if it was the same ol' maps I'd still love them no matter what, but I'm actually eager to see the minor changes / new things added to the world of Team Fortress. So again, amazing job guys and kudos to the whole team!

Now, I just think you guys should give everyone an assumption as to when the beta will be released.. This update just made the wait THAT much harder, haha.

Take it easy and keep up the AMAZING work!
o_miguelitup is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2006, 03:28 PM   #205
schtoofa
Retired FF Staff

lol eat. Thanks for making me laugh this morning.

Old 06-12-2006, 04:59 PM   #206
o_ghost

I guess this is because I am a fireman but I don't think the pyro's helmet looks like a fireman's helment that much at all. To me it looks more like something a coal miner would wear.
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2006, 05:37 PM   #207
o_darkhunter

sweet

I agree too that the pyro's helmet doesn't look like a fireman's helmet but it's still freaking awesome looking! Thew new models are all great, keep up the awesome work guys.
o_darkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2006, 08:04 PM   #208
o_mikequist

Wow. Simply amazing. Your best work yet. That soldier concept in cz2 is OMFG WOW. The sky texture looks kinda funky though, and I'm not feeling it.

I prefer the spy concept to the right. Smaller and sleeker, like a spy should be. I can't imagine a huge guy being sneaky, can you?

Well is different. Which is a good thing. I'm worried about the second level in the front of the base, for the sake of sniping, but meh.

Openfire is jizztastic. I personally like the rocks and shit on the ground, and it's definately the best you've done with the source engine so far. I'm sure you won't make it unconcable and crap like the OMFG DONT CHANGE A THING people claim you are.

Just wow. Hurry up and release.
o_mikequist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2006, 08:12 PM   #209
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Just in case: the 2nd concept is the one they went with. You can see him (sorta) in the first CZ2 screenshot in the media section.

Old 06-12-2006, 09:13 PM   #210
o_fallacy

Well doesn't look like Well.....that I rememeber and love.

Other than that, I like what I see. Nice guns (heh heh, guns), the spy on the right looks good, and the Solider is very old school (a good thing). Although his eyes are kinda close together, and yet he appears to be a white boy. Hmmmmm.
The Pyro's upper area is cool, except for the light on his head. It reminds me of a miner and why does he need a light? He's got fire! His jump suit is a little plain, or maybe it's because I just finished looking at the Spy artwork. And that guy has a serious suit.

Anyways, nice work! Keep it up!
o_fallacy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2006, 10:41 PM   #211
jetta
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetta
I hate it
I hate it even more now.
jetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2006, 10:47 PM   #212
o_mescalito

It hates j00 too
o_mescalito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2006, 10:53 PM   #213
mirvin_monkey
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
an interesting factoid is that the name "jetta" is cunningly hidden within one of the images in the update
mirvin_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2006, 11:03 PM   #214
o_mescalito

that's one way to buy someones affection..
o_mescalito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2006, 11:18 PM   #215
o_uncle-argon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallacy
Well doesn't look like Well.....that I rememeber and love.
What are you talking about?! It's basically the same map: the same essential layout, the same setting, and similarly themed textures. Sure it's had a face lift and had a few of it's features tweaked slightly; that's essentially the core idea behind the mod.

From what we can see so far, it's going to play almost in the same way as it always did. I'm sure it must have been very tempting for the team to really open it out and make it friendly to clan play by allowing an entrance into the balc from outside. But by the looks of things, all they have done is take away the front door(maybe?) and perhaps open out the ramp room a little. Basic pub play involving sniping and yard/fd defending will probably work in roughly the same way (though we haven't seen the mid map yet), and hopefully clan play will be a little more balanced. In conclusion, don't worry about it.
o_uncle-argon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2006, 09:10 AM   #216
o_qbaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeOldGuy
Methinks someone hasn't seen Strong Bad and Trogdor the Burninator!!! ...
Well then.. that certainly showed me...

I would like to apologize to mulchman.. He truely is never in the wrong.. and he also somehow manages to always smell of flowers... mmmm and sunshine..

I LOVE YOU MULCH!
o_qbaler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2006, 11:53 AM   #217
o_tercel

what happened to the other model of the pyro where he was more beefed up and not so skinny? i thought the original was badass
o_tercel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2006, 12:55 PM   #218
o_ambex

Who do people say well ain't like well, well looks different cuz it got a reworked update on it. What's the deal anyway? I tought people were happy seeing this new level with the crazy outdoor environment and blue blue sky. It's the same map, same layout, same sounds everything is same but it's source, you know what i'm sayin? First off, I'd like to say that well is amazing, just take a good look at it it looks amazing. I love eat's work and his maps then why dontcha say the same about epicenter when it's supposed to be a day map?

I don't understand some people here, is it me or them i don't know but when I see the pics of the well, it's liek a "holy shit" echoing word in my mind. I've never seen do better well then this well, so well is it good to say it's different when it's not.

you know what im sayin.
o_ambex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2006, 01:11 PM   #219
o_ghost

You have to be naive to think that the maps will look exactly like they did in TFC or whatever mod you come from. Maps evolve as they progress from engine to engine due to the more complexity allowed in newer engines.

I've been playing the same well and 2fort for 7+ years now. It'll be nice to play on something different. The differences to the map and game balance will most likely change the defenses used on the map adding more variety.
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2006, 02:38 PM   #220
o_crackerjack

Dev journal has been posted with an explanation for some of the concerns that were posted here on the thread about Openfire. Check it out, any questions and comments and critisms would be appreciated.
o_crackerjack is offline   Reply With Quote