Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > FF Technical Support

Old 09-16-2007, 07:53 PM   #21
vartaxe

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
hum i found this page that can maybee help (stuff about rates...) http://files.w3k.mbpv.org/rates.php
vartaxe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2007, 08:55 PM   #22
vartaxe

omfg... i used the driver cleaner .net to remove my nvidia drivers to install the last ngodrivers and now my screen res is fucked up :O i normaly use 1440*900 but now if i do that i'll have to scroll from one side to the other side of the screen to view the entire desktop... like if i had an 4:3 screen with an 16:10 res... im now using 1024*768 on a 16:10 screen... (its streched and looks ugly)

Old 09-17-2007, 09:44 AM   #23
Tinned

vartaxe i had the same after installing the omega drivers (btw still cant get past sending client info :S ) i used refreshforce to sort it out. http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/
Tinned is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 11:43 AM   #24
vartaxe

you saved my day!

Old 09-17-2007, 11:47 AM   #25
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
*whew*. Glad this seems to be a driver issue and not a game issue. Way back in like April/May, the server would crash every time it switched maps, automatically restart, and go to the first map in the rotation. I was worried that this was a reappearance of that bug (which would suck because the devs had thoroughly squashed the "crash on mapchange" bug).

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 01:21 PM   #26
Tinned

SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/shrub_01a.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/shrub_01a.mdl)

this is what i get when i exit and have a look at the console, was trying to join a server with dustbowl running. something similar happens with other online games. i can make lan games tho :/

Old 09-17-2007, 04:07 PM   #27
vartaxe

tinned i tried to fix my res with refreshforce but nothing done at all...

Old 09-18-2007, 04:23 PM   #28
vartaxe

argh...

well i created an listen sever with cornfield map, than a disconnected it and connected to an server with cornfield map, and you know what i finally passed the sending cliente info... but after being 5 seconds ingame it lost connection... so nothing is resolved at all...

btw what does this mean:

File 'downloads/f6655c88.dat' requested from server 85.14.217.163:27015.

anyone knows how to disable ingame steam comunity maybee its the problem!

oh and i recomend using GCFSCAPE to defragment steam .gcf's...

HEY DEV'S PLEASE MAKE A POST IN THIS THREAD SO THAT PEOPLE KNOWS THAT YOURE READING THIS...

Old 09-18-2007, 05:14 PM   #29
vartaxe

ok disabling steam community is actually too easy...

steam

settings

in-game

untick * enable steam community in-game

will now try to play...

Old 09-19-2007, 02:49 AM   #30
aflaedge
Resident QWTF God

This seems to be the place to post this so FYI I got this just a few minutes ago. The map loaded fine, but this was in the console so I figured I would copy and paste it for you guys.

Fortress Forever
Map: ff_dustbowl
Players: 18 / 22
Build 3224
Server Number 53
No pure server whitelist. sv_pure = 0
CAsyncWavDataCache: 369 .wavs total 0 bytes, 0.00 % of capacity
Begin loading faces (loads materials)
End loading faces (loads materials)
Initializing renderer...
Warning! Encountered old format VTF file; please rebuild it!
Error reading in file "materials/models/grenades/napalm/napalm_glass.vtf"
Warning! Encountered old format VTF file; please rebuild it!
Error reading in file "materials/models/buildable/detpack/detpack_glass.vtf"
aflaedge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2007, 03:27 AM   #31
NoPriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartaxe
ok disabling steam community is actually too easy...

steam

settings

in-game

untick * enable steam community in-game

will now try to play...
yeah even though you do that it still tells you during your loading screen to press shift+tab to get to the community, wether its on or off and that seems to be locking me up at times
NoPriz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2007, 10:25 AM   #32
Tinned

any devs looking into this?

Old 09-19-2007, 12:06 PM   #33
Sayia

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I also have this problem. Can someone please help solve it ?

Old 09-19-2007, 12:52 PM   #34
DD`

I don't think this is a FF issue as there have been the same complaints in other mods forums (tf2 for one). I'm seems to mainly (only?) affect people with Thomson SpeedTouch or re branded SpeedTouch routers eg BeBox, BT Home Hub etc.

The problems seem to have started around the same time FF was released, which unluckily had a steam update on the same day.

I cant see this being fixed until either valve change whatever it was they did or a new router firmware fixes it.

I have these problems in all mods myself using a SpeedTouch 585v6.
DD` is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #35
Tinned

yeh i have a BeBox. but i think i have found a solution to the problem,

1. create your own game
2. go to servers menu
3. join a game you wish to join

seems to work for me, hopefully work for you guys too.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:58 PM   #36
Sayia

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I attempted to create my own game but it didn't get past the middle of the load bar, it just froze like it did when it gets to 'Retrieving server.." in servers :X

Old 09-19-2007, 03:53 PM   #37
vartaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD`
I don't think this is a FF issue as there have been the same complaints in other mods forums (tf2 for one). I'm seems to mainly (only?) affect people with Thomson SpeedTouch or re branded SpeedTouch routers eg BeBox, BT Home Hub etc.

The problems seem to have started around the same time FF was released, which unluckily had a steam update on the same day.

I cant see this being fixed until either valve change whatever it was they did or a new router firmware fixes it.

OMFG!!! i have a speedtouch too...

i'm gonna SPAM speedtouch and steam forum's with this problem!!!

Old 09-19-2007, 04:26 PM   #38
NoPriz

try putting -autoconfig in your set launch options when you right click on the FortressForever icon under 'My Games'. That has worked for me, autoconfigs everything for you to the recommended settings to let it run. I did that and ive been able to get on everytime.

you gotta press the spacebar one time though before adding -autoconfig

let me know if it works for any of you

Old 09-19-2007, 04:40 PM   #39
D3pth
ModCenter Site Director

Send a message via ICQ to D3pth Send a message via AIM to D3pth Send a message via MSN to D3pth Send a message via Yahoo to D3pth
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD`

Lots of people (me included) can play other source games and mods fine. I can't even start a server of my own or connect to any servers in FF... the weird part is I was able to play the beta fine..
D3pth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2007, 04:46 PM   #40
NoPriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3pth
Lots of people (me included) can play other source games and mods fine. I can't even start a server of my own or connect to any servers in FF... the weird part is I was able to play the beta fine..
try what i said above you d3pth and see if it helps you