Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 10-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #21
EvilIguana966

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian
No, how foolish of me, aiming a gun by the hip at the exact same point is realistic.
Forgive me for the derail, but I just can't stand to let this go unanswered. Why do people assume that your gun in a game like BF2 is being aimed from the hip? It's not, it's shouldered. The other option to crosshairs is using the weapon sights in game. But that is not any more realistic than as crosshair. You don't need to have access to a real gun to get an idea of how your real life binocular vision compares to a 17 inch computer monitor and how moving your eyes, head, and body compares to pushing a mouse around. Bottom line, when games try to be ultra realistic and do crap like removing the crosshair and forcing you to obscure half your screen with a gun, they make the game less realistic by inhibiting your situational awareness.

Counter-Strike is unrealistic, but not because it has a crosshair. It's unrealistic because the guns are hitscan, the recoil is way to high or just generally illogical, the weapons are often inaccurate for no reason, the weapons behave nothing like their real life counterparts, and a host of other illogical mechanisms.
EvilIguana966 is offline   Reply With Quote