KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Is Siddhartha still banned? He doesn't post here, but he's my ole clan leader.

Anywho, I think the video was hilarious for those of who actually decided to participate in his little trivia game. I crack up every time I watch it.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-27-2007, 10:27 PM   #42
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
The video is hilarious. So what if they delayed the game a little who cares? They weren't hacking and they weren't being mean. It was all in good fun. I would have loved to have been in there and been a part of the video.
SoBe Green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2007, 11:38 AM   #43
s0undch4s3r
The guy you love to hate.

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
myg0t doesn't use tags anymore in game. They haven't been for quite some time unless it's on a mod that's just been released such as FF and TF2.
Reason?? they know about the ID tracking. But then again...they have many
accounts to dodge being banned on a server.

If you see somebody with the tag then it's a myg0t wannabe and deserve
to be banned.
s0undch4s3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2007, 11:42 AM   #44
StatisticZ
My title is... Custom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0undch4s3r
myg0t doesn't use tags anymore in game. They haven't been for quite some time unless it's on a mod that's just been released such as FF and TF2.
Reason?? they know about the ID tracking. But then again...they have many
accounts to dodge being banned on a server.

If you see somebody with the tag then it's a myg0t wannabe and deserve
to be banned.
For a tag? Grow up.. I guess then we should start banning people who put on tags to old TFC clans they weren't in then?
StatisticZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2007, 11:47 AM   #45
s0undch4s3r
The guy you love to hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatisticZ
For a tag? Grow up.. I guess then we should start banning people who put on tags to old TFC clans they weren't in then?
yes..it's true...they ban just for the tag.

if you see a myg0t tag......what do you think they are there for? To play legit?? ahhahah
s0undch4s3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2007, 01:38 PM   #46
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Why wouldn't you ban someone for wearing the tag of a group of people who intentionally want to ruin other people's game play? Should server administrators investigate every single instance of someone who wears the tag?
How in-depth do the bans on your servers go StatisticZ? Have you "grown up" to find out the real reason why someone is being a llama and try to decide if their motives are justified? Do you look into their childhood to see if it's "OK" for them because they were abused as a kid? Or do you just ban the fucker for being a dumbass and go back to playing the game?

Your theory of "He's just wearing the tag of an organization that intentionally wants to make people rage and ruin their gameplay, that doesn't neccessarily mean he's really part of the clan or he's going to cause trouble, he may just wants to look like he might cause trouble but be a really elite cool player." is a bit difficult to swallow.

Scuzzy

Old 12-28-2007, 05:18 PM   #47
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
Why wouldn't you ban someone for wearing the tag of a group of people who intentionally want to ruin other people's game play? Should server administrators investigate every single instance of someone who wears the tag?
How in-depth do the bans on your servers go StatisticZ? Have you "grown up" to find out the real reason why someone is being a llama and try to decide if their motives are justified? Do you look into their childhood to see if it's "OK" for them because they were abused as a kid? Or do you just ban the fucker for being a dumbass and go back to playing the game?

Your theory of "He's just wearing the tag of an organization that intentionally wants to make people rage and ruin their gameplay, that doesn't neccessarily mean he's really part of the clan or he's going to cause trouble, he may just wants to look like he might cause trouble but be a really elite cool player." is a bit difficult to swallow.

Scuzzy
Gonna have to agree with Scuzzy on this one. As Mulch put it: "Unless you want trouble, don't wear the myg0t tag."

Myg0t has died down a lot, fortunately. [JAPS] is still going, but they hack to be better than little script kiddies (part of their trial process is beating another member in a 1v1 with hacks). Then there's that M something Security or whatever, which rebadges known public hacks and releases them, and then codes shit-tastic hacks of their own (they've got about a 75% fail rate on their BF2 hack). We've been through their shit already.

First infraction! Flaming!
zSilver_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2007, 05:23 PM   #48
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

Project Mayhem, Goron City, Cheat Project

Those are the real threats these days, most of them are made up of the same people but they all have access to unlimited steamids. myg0t, and JAPS are old old groups that hardly do anything at all anymore. I've always loved how everyone always compared those two. You guys do know that yet again its mostly the same people in both.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:08 PM   #49
StatisticZ
My title is... Custom.

Quote:

Scuzzy
Usually, when I see it. If it's someone I know from the game, I'll laugh and ask them to remove it, if I don't know them, I'll ask them to remove it and spec them for a few minutes... I'd ban you for being a fucker/jackass tho and continue playing. =]

With all love. StatisticZ
StatisticZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #50
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
Project Mayhem, Goron City, Cheat Project

Those are the real threats these days, most of them are made up of the same people but they all have access to unlimited steamids. myg0t, and JAPS are old old groups that hardly do anything at all anymore. I've always loved how everyone always compared those two. You guys do know that yet again its mostly the same people in both.
If you think that [JAPS] and [myg0t] members are one and the same, you're sorely mistaken. CP is another rebadge and coding project, not sure about the other two.

Gold Source hacking has declined quite steadily, with Source still going down in my experience. Hell, [JAPS] members have moved onto WoW.

Speaking of which, I need to work on my Blood Elf. Bai.

Old 12-29-2007, 01:29 AM   #51
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

No most of the "members" are the same not the leaders. JAPS hasn't been a threat in quite some time and neither has myg0t.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:46 AM   #52
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Usually, when I see it. If it's someone I know from the game, I'll laugh and ask them to remove it, if I don't know them, I'll ask them to remove it and spec them for a few minutes... I'd ban you for being a fucker/jackass tho and continue playing. =]

With all love. StatisticZ
Ah, so your for censorship of someone's name then. I didn't realize that. There might be some conservative in you yet.

Scuzzy

Old 12-29-2007, 04:47 AM   #53
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
No most of the "members" are the same not the leaders. JAPS hasn't been a threat in quite some time and neither has myg0t.
http://www.fortress-forever.com/foru...ad.php?t=13614

Old 12-29-2007, 06:46 AM   #54
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

Hey I'm sorry but that was his fault. His FTP password and rcon password were the same excluding one letter and from what I hear was the clan name. That was going to happen regardless of who did it. You've got to learn how to run a popular server if you are going to run one. You can't set your rcon password to 1234 and expect someone to never try it.

Old 12-29-2007, 03:45 PM   #55
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

I'm not sure about myg0t, but General-Jap and BookRev are still around, along with a lot of the others. I did a bit of hanging out in IRC when dealing with hackers in FF, and most of the members (most of them were op'd or half-op'd) were very mature and talkative.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:26 PM   #56
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Hey I'm sorry but that was his fault. His FTP password and rcon password were the same excluding one letter and from what I hear was the clan name. That was going to happen regardless of who did it. You've got to learn how to run a popular server if you are going to run one. You can't set your rcon password to 1234 and expect someone to never try it.
Leaving the front door open may be stupid, but that doesn't make the theft his fault. The criminal is responsible, I find it sad how many people in the world don't get that simple point. (not saying your one of them).

Scuzzy

Old 12-29-2007, 06:44 PM   #57
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

However, he loses a lot of grounds to complain on. It's the equivalent of leaving the keys in the visor of your car with the door unlocked in Detroit, then trying to file an insurance claim. The insurance agent gets a good laugh, and someone gets another shiny car.

Speaking of which, we're getting a 2005 Grand Cherokee today.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:03 PM   #58
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
Annoying people since 1986

Class/Position: O fatty, pyro - D engy, pyro
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: This space for rent.
Send a message via MSN to פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
Speaking of which, we're getting a 2005 Grand Cherokee today.
Nice!
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2007, 11:52 PM   #59
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

Quote:
Leaving the front door open may be stupid, but that doesn't make the theft his fault. The criminal is responsible, I find it sad how many people in the world don't get that simple point. (not saying your one of them).

Scuzzy
Oh I know I'm just saying people are talking about how that server was "hacked" when it was really just improperly managed. Its something every server owner should go through if they haven't learned that lesson already.

Old 12-30-2007, 10:32 PM   #60
OOGA BOOGA

Quote:
JAPS is deader than Jesus, but myg0t has remained active for a long while..
Their 10th anniversary coming up too..