Raynian
D&A Member

Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarsbane View Post
Hmmm let me see, they as in pretty much everyone who has been banned from the OT server because they couldn't follow the rules and then came here to complain about it and continue to do so long after they have been banned.

And you know GenghisTron its funny, you seem to be trying to say that I'm a cry baby... but I'm not the one about crying about being banned from a server because I couldn't follow the rules.

You don't like the server rules don't play there. Got banned from there, suck it up move on and stop whining about it every time someone mentions OT.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:38 AM   #22
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
CHEESE FUCK YEAH
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 04-02-2010, 05:29 AM   #23
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarsbane View Post
Hmmm let me see, they as in pretty much everyone who has been banned from the OT server because they couldn't follow the rules and then came here to complain about it and continue to do so long after they have been banned.

And you know GenghisTron its funny, you seem to be trying to say that I'm a cry baby... but I'm not the one about crying about being banned from a server because I couldn't follow the rules.

You don't like the server rules don't play there. Got banned from there, suck it up move on and stop whining about it every time someone mentions OT.
It's not the fact that I was banned that annoys me (In fact, my ban was on purpose. I was being a prick in order to get banned.) but rather the fact that one's individuality is sacrificed when going into the Old Timers server. Upon your entrance, you are expected to follow their morality and ethics. All personal beliefs and personal behaviors become filtered through the right and wrong of what Old Timers considers the proper way to be an individual.

Their community tailors to a minority. Their community is tailored toward protecting 'children' by getting rid of 'bad words', despite that fact that the majority of players in a mature video game chalked full of violence and with some threshold of intelligence to play happen to be adults that don't go 'tee hee he said a bad word lulz' when someone does happen to let out an unaimmed 'dammit!' or 'fuck!' now and then when irritated.

The hypocrisy is also a big factor in my disapproval of the Old Timers group. One of our clan leaders pointed this out to me a while back within another context not related to Fortress Forever drama, and it really made sense to me. If I were to join the OT server with a fresh reputation and state my opinion that 'black individuals have never accomplished quite as much as white individuals throughout the course of human history.' I would be banned in a split second if not instantaneous given the 1984-esse moderation in that server.

For what? For holding a belief that differs from the one of majority. Now, what would my punishment's justification be? The disciplinary action would have been in the name of protecting tolerance. That's racist, man. You can't say that. You can't believe that. Isn't that hypocritical to suggest a little tolerance to me while you're drooling over the ban button because my opinion conflicts with your own, and you are so intellectually bankrupt that you can't handle the fact that individuals behave and think differently and not everyone agrees? That's the biggest problem.

People like being who they are and believing what they believe. They like speaking their mind and making it up for themselves. That's why our server is popular at the Talos Group. We don't censor our players. Some people might complain about that. They might say stuff like 'I don't want to deal with that. Grow up.' but I say 'practice what you preach'. A grown up wouldn't complain about simple words or get all giddy when the stray exotic topic pops up. Lolz

That's why I don't like them. I'm not going to post anymore here to avoid the bullshit we've had in the past. Props to Scuzzy for the April Fool's joke, it was something I had in mind actually, but make sure to label Gwarsbane as the instigator for another OT vs FF argument.

Last edited by Bridget; 04-02-2010 at 05:34 AM.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:00 AM   #24
Crazycarl
D&A Member
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 31 Times
If you don't like o-t's server, and o-t bans you, then it's a win for everyone involved. I don't understand the problem.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:31 AM   #25
Raynian
D&A Member

Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
I love a good gouda. Mmmm.

But when making pizza, you have to go with mozzarella. Cut it up into small pieces, layer it on, oh man that's delicious.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:29 AM   #26
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
I'm glad you think Fortress Forever servers should be the venue for unrestricted and unfiltered debate, Bridget. I'm just as surprised as you are that it's not actually the case. It's like these people are joining servers to play a game or something.

This argument has gone far beyond the point of being circular. The bottom line, the way I see it, is:

It is easy to avoid being banned while in the O-T server, and it is easy to avoid joining the O-T server.

Do with that what you will. It's always been the case.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington

Old 04-02-2010, 12:13 PM   #27
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
How the Old Timers do not censor individuals. Too funny that people need to jump on the soap box in an April Fools day joke... Your needing to rip and attack another clan to justify your own and make yourself look "better" should tell the public everything they need to know.

Old Timers is the place where you won't hear bitches and whining about other clans, we are there to play the game and have fun, other servers are inconsequential. We aren't based, and do not base, our environment on how others run their environments. We're the original.

Scuzzy

Closed Thread