wakka

Class/Position: top
Gametype: pwning caroline in bed
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Hacking Accusation

Teka from #ff.pickup

has been dodgy the last couple of days then I watched this demo:

http://ff2.snt.utwente.nl/fflogs/dem...3-ff_2fort.dem

top spiral soldier and well I reckon he can see more than most people. Watch with wireframe for full wallhack effect !

---------EDIT--------

so teka came back today and said:

[21:04] <Tekarun> r0bert and wakka
[21:05] <Tekarun> im still waiting for the proofe

I present the second demo, note within the first minute of the match he tracks a medic through the air then shoots. I recommend "r_drawothermodels 2" while watching.

http://ff2.snt.utwente.nl/fflogs/dem...f_baked_b2.dem

-----------EDIT----------

After reviewing a demo which took place the following day from the baked one, it is simple to see that it is a legit demo. Teka is playing T soldier on siden and can't even disguinish whether there is an incoming from left or right, and doesnt even notice when someone is behind him. So my curiosity is, why not? If it's his gaming style to listen and pre-fire why doesn't it happen in this demo? It's the very next day. Why just a few hours before did he perfectly trace a medic through a wall and shoot in potentially the exact right place then the next day nothing, not even anything remotely similar happens?

Seems like a case of toggle off for me.

http://ff2.snt.utwente.nl/fflogs/dem...f_siden_b2.dem

Last edited by wakka; 09-05-2009 at 07:54 PM.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #2
empty
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Watched with mat_wireframe and i agree.

wallhack tbh

Old 08-30-2009, 04:53 PM   #3
WarDieS

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
This is something not sure, may be cheat may be not, thats why we need more opinions about it.

He says he uses altered sounds that allows him track ppl from fd to rr, those sounds are legal, however it may be an excuse.

I personally think there is actually weird stuff on it (mb due of sounds?)

I just want to say if you watch a demo expecting to see cheats, you gonna see weird stuff everywhere, just try to be rational on your judgement.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
PsychoLogical
Teka Teka Teka

Class/Position: Soldier_&_Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: aA*Absolute*Annihilation
Exclamation

I dont Cheat!

please show me the proof where you can really see (and not only wish) that im using cheats!

you can find in every legit demo from skilled players things that look with mat_wireframe strange.

see ya,
Teka

Old 08-30-2009, 09:29 PM   #5
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
not sure, but one thing is sure, he doesnt shoot a rocket in all game to a place where nobody was at.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:42 PM   #6
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Very standard top ramp solly play. A hand full of suspect things in a row, but they can all be tallied up to a streak of luck.

To clarify, the only part I found suspect was shortly after the 2nd cap where he got a streak of rocket and grenade hits. We've all had moments like that though.

Ronald Reagan

Old 08-30-2009, 10:17 PM   #7
Lenn
Beta Tester

I concur with zE that there are too many lucky guesses and too few unlucky/mistaken shots with rocket.

But Teka claims to be using sounds that give him the advantage that is required to be this accurate.

Sofar no-one has delivered absolute proof that he's not telling the truth. But I do think it's fair to say that most people believe that after viewing the demo (with wireframe on) that he's cheating.

So I'd like to propose the following test. I want to play/view his demo/avi with the usage of his sounds....

btw there's no question that he's a good player even without cheats...

Last edited by Lenn; 08-30-2009 at 10:18 PM.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:21 PM   #8
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Just a bit of logic from my second observation of the replay.

If he is indeed using sounds that help him scope out the location of his enemy while also allowing him to time his rockets with tons of precision, then, indeed, he'd be aware of the enemies that surprise him from behind.

Indeed.

Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Credge; 08-30-2009 at 10:34 PM.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #9
empty
Beta Tester

I have watched the demo with Tekas sounds and the only change is that there are no rocket or grenade explosion sounds everything else seemed default

Old 08-30-2009, 10:45 PM   #10
the_cake
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 144 Times
Tweaked sounds for an advantage is in the same boat as clear explosions imo.

Even if he was walling I couldn't see any definitive proof here (wasn't looking all that hard). I think he just has some seriously tweaked sounds. Like everything turned WAY down except footsteps, jump sounds, and landing. This is substatiated by the fact that he'd reflexively turn around almost 180 degrees sometimes when something was coming down the spiral from pretty far away.

Even if it is sounds, he could hear a medic walking at the very top of the spiral from the middle, as well as the batts entrance from the back of the first spiral tier, which is an unfair advantage imo.

Is there some way we can tweak sound so there is a max distance regardless of how loud the files are? Also, how about a test with all sounds turned off besides the ones mentioned above, with volume cranked to see just how far the sounds will travel.

Last edited by the_cake; 08-30-2009 at 11:18 PM.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:13 PM   #11
Sidd
Lua Team

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge View Post
To clarify, the only part I found suspect was shortly after the 2nd cap where he got a streak of rocket and grenade hits. We've all had moments like that though.
Wallhack doesn't help grenades. If you've got a grenade about to explode you're going to throw it round the corner whether you see someone or not.

Didn't see anything blatant, and several times he came round a corner and bumped into a player which a wallhacker would have seen.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:24 PM   #12
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
Wallhack doesn't help grenades. If you've got a grenade about to explode you're going to throw it round the corner whether you see someone or not.
Yep, and that part of the demo was the only one that was suspect to me at first.

Rewatching it, I noticed some pretty odd stuff.

Ronald Reagan

Old 08-31-2009, 12:05 AM   #13
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
It was an odd demo, and I think enhanced sounds should count as cheating just as much as wall-hacking. The odd thing is that he never shot at the corners or spammed them with nades when no one or his team mates were rounding the corners. It was only when an enemy was rounding said corner. If he had enhanced sounds, wouldn't he hear his team mates coming around the corner too, and wouldn't that tip him off that at least someone was coming? But no, he completely avoids spamming the corner as his soldier team mate rounds it (from battlements) in early game, but not once neglects hitting the wall next to the corner when the enemy's Medic or Scout were rounding it. That's the part that throws me off. If it's enhanced sounds, that's still cheating, but there would be some limitations to that. How do you tell team mate from enemy? You wouldn't be able to, so how does he know when to shoot on enemies but holds back on team mates, even long behind he sees them but would hear them? Eh?

Last edited by Bridget; 08-31-2009 at 12:08 AM.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:16 AM   #14
Lenn
Beta Tester

Did you all checked it our with mat_wireframe on ?, Then reply to thread again plz.

thanks

Len

Old 08-31-2009, 12:28 AM   #15
PsychoLogical
Teka Teka Teka

Class/Position: Soldier_&_Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: aA*Absolute*Annihilation
when i know someone died he respawns its just logic that im be a bit less spamy for some seconds. not? (every player on servers with friendlyfire should do it "normaly")
its called teamplay but yes some people just spam without tactics and timing.

timing prediction and luck are also some keywords!
seems to me that some people here dont know much about these words gaming related.

anyway im tired,
bb

Old 08-31-2009, 12:38 AM   #16
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Yes, I realize that there will be a period of peace when the enemy is making his way back to your base, but the problem is that in the ten minutes of gameplay I watched, you not once fired at the wall to be spammy or to 'get lucky' You completely ignored the wall and only fired upon the wall when an enemy was coming around it, perfectly predicted every time, and even if you had no wallhacks and just enhanced sounds, how would you have been able to discern team mate footstep sounds from enemy footstep sounds? You never shot at a wall when a team mate was coming around, from what I saw.

I don't want to accuse you if you're legitimate, but some of that shit just doesn't add up. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and took your position into consideration. I watched 1/3 of the demo with wireframe on, then I watched another 1/3 of the demo with wireframe off. I didn't finish the demo, because I felt my conclusion was found. I'm not going to say you hack, but it just doesn't add up to me. Yeah, sure, you STOP firing because they're dead, but that's not what I care about. It's when you START firing again that concerns me, because it was almost always when the enemy returned to the corner. Not a few seconds before, not a few seconds after, but right as they came around. Every single time. D:

Old 08-31-2009, 01:28 AM   #17
wakka

Class/Position: top
Gametype: pwning caroline in bed
I concur with what Bridget just posted. As for the random 180 degree turn arounds I know what parts you are talking about and I can actually hear the enemy behind him with my headphones on (I would turn around in the same manner).

Sound hack would suggest some mistimings and some teamkills but none of those happen, therefore I do beleive it is wallhack which is a shame really.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:54 AM   #18
StrYdeR
FFapper

Send a message via MSN to StrYdeR

Old 09-02-2009, 03:13 AM   #19
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
he kinda vanished with this, or maybe hes on holidays at canarias islands .p

Old 09-04-2009, 03:52 PM   #20
sd3mon

this guy is not a cheater

hi,
i watched this demo [sv_cheats 1 ;mat_wireframe] and i am sure that teka wasn t cheating !!! he is just a very good soldier with good reaction and instinct, although he changed the sound (legal) and i think it makes it easier to prefire people if you can hear there steps... anyway there were medics passing him when he came out of the resup and he didn t even noticed ---> there is no proof for me that he was/is cheating. In my eyes its just a rage action to ban him only because he raped in 2forts spiral.You guys really shouldn t see a cheater in a very good solly, even if he owned you.Teka started with 2.0 so its not weird for me that he is one of the best soldiers in ff.You should really change your opinion and refuse the ban. If we ban all good players we can stop playin ff ........

sd3mon

Closed Thread