D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakka View Post
- all this was initiated by your admins poor decision making.

This is all entirely based on mavs decision to ban me which is entirely because of an intro to a video which does nothing to degrade o-t. zE's server provides love, it provides a testing environment it is the #1 server in FF for a reason. What other player could I have used for an introduction? I don't know many players that can't bunnyhop and also walk in strange jerky mouse movement lines... If anything this is an attack on mav, but this is not an attack... just a harmless joke and no-one mentioned anything about o-t or the LOLZ until mav took it TOO personal and banned me.

I don't break any rules on your server, I play fair and I listen to the admins. This is what you should consider when banning someone, otherwise your whole "defending your bans" e-police strategy is a joke.

bottom line is, your server carries no warning about being banned because of activities outside of it. Maybe you should put that in the MOTD.

and me having this horrible opinion of [o-t]? it came AFTER i was banned.

Also there is no mention of the [o-t] server being a bad place to play? I don't know where you are getting that from? It is simply mav running around being bored, it's an advertisement for zE Palace... there is no attack on the [o-t] server.

If mav is so self conscious as to place a ban on me because of me imitating his playstyle then I am sorry, I apologise. I did not mean to offend you or make you feel singled out.

If the intro stated "[o-t] server" then that, fair enough... you can take that as a dig against [o-t] but that's not what I did.
Just move on and forget about it. You can tell your grand children that you knew people who were in a video game cult, and laugh about it 50 years from now. Do you really want to play with a bunch of people who get bent out of shape over a harmless joke?

Old 02-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #22
wakka

Class/Position: top
Gametype: pwning caroline in bed
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I feel that this discussion has been a good one, mainly because I am correct.

It's a shame o-t advertise themselves as being fair and that bans are justified, now we can all see they are not. I just feel sorry for the others that have been banned. The fact mav has read this thread and not replied also makes me feel this was unjust, sending in Scuzzy who's main tactic is to ignore opposing arguments that he can't have a retort for and then make countless incorrect assumptions.

and scuzzy, i meant the MOTD/rules on your server. (yet again another outrageous assumption)

Last edited by wakka; 02-03-2010 at 04:40 PM.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #23
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Class/Position: kittens are sneaky, spy
Gametype: Capture the mouse
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
I just feel sorry for the others that have been banned.
Why? lol. If OT is the only server populated I do something else or suck it up and deal with a 200 ping on Ze Europe.
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.

Last edited by stray kitten; 02-03-2010 at 05:43 PM.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:55 PM   #24
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
I feel that this discussion has been a good one, mainly because I am correct.
You heard it here first kids. I'm sure this will add credibility to your statement.

Quote:
It's a shame o-t advertise themselves as being fair and that bans are justified, now we can all see they are not. I just feel sorry for the others that have been banned. The fact mav has read this thread and not replied also makes me feel this was unjust, sending in Scuzzy who's main tactic is to ignore opposing arguments that he can't have a retort for and then make countless incorrect assumptions.
It you think Mav sent me you clearly have no idea what you're talking about, which puts the rest of your post in context. I saw your video, I understood the intent, many other people understood the intent, and the personal target of your video took action. Those are facts I don't see any opposing argument for here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakka
and scuzzy, i meant the MOTD/rules on your server. (yet again another outrageous assumption)
Actually that's exacty what I was talking about, there's no place in the game while in the server to post a motd in that manner. Hidden/TF2/etc provide a nice HTML page, FF doesn't.

----

Beyond this, any other forum admin can lock this, think the discussion is done and the rest is just trolling.

Scuzzy

Old 02-05-2010, 11:36 PM   #25
Mikael_hs
Beta Tester

Affiliations: Wazzazzaza
Surely a movie to ban for!

Old 02-06-2010, 01:48 AM   #26
Gwarsbane
Slayer of humans
D&A Member

Class/Position: I'm an Offensive Defensive person
Gametype: Fortress Forever
Affiliations: I'm a merc, only thing that talks is money
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
I don't know if he meant to do it or not, but wakka's video looks like yet another unprovoked attack on OT.

He could have used anyone in the start of the video. But he used Mav with his OT tag on to promote another server. He makes it look like OT is a boring place to be.

Did he ask Mav if he wanted to take part in it? I doubt it.

If you had been attacked as much as OT has been you would have banned someone for doing this too.

If this wasn't as an attack then make a new video with someone else who agrees to be to be in the video. Use a fake name or your own.

Then if you want back on their server say sorry to them and they might let you back on but you're going to have to ask them on their forums.

Again OT have been attacked time and time again, many people accusing them of killing the community because of their server rules (those same people never seem to consider it could be the servers with no rules, allowing anything and everything including racial slurs and other childish behavor to be whats driving off people (or maybe they do and just want to attack OT)). Can you really blame them for banning yet another person who made something that looks like another attack on them.

Wakka, I hope you don't think I'm just saying this to defend OT and attack you. I have nothing against you, we played against each other many times and I had fun. I believed you enjoyed playing there so I don't think you made it as an attack video against OT. So I hope you take my suggestion above and remake the video, even if you don't want to play there anymore.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #27
Hardy
#ff.pickup @ Quakenet

Class/Position: Midmap
Gametype: CTF with some AvD spam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarsbane View Post
I don't know if he meant to do it or not, but wakka's video looks like yet another unprovoked attack on OT.

He could have used anyone in the start of the video. But he used Mav with his OT tag on to promote another server. He makes it look like OT is a boring place to be.

Did he ask Mav if he wanted to take part in it? I doubt it.

If you had been attacked as much as OT has been you would have banned someone for doing this too.

If this wasn't as an attack then make a new video with someone else who agrees to be to be in the video. Use a fake name or your own.

Then if you want back on their server say sorry to them and they might let you back on but you're going to have to ask them on their forums.

Again OT have been attacked time and time again, many people accusing them of killing the community because of their server rules (those same people never seem to consider it could be the servers with no rules, allowing anything and everything including racial slurs and other childish behavor to be whats driving off people (or maybe they do and just want to attack OT)). Can you really blame them for banning yet another person who made something that looks like another attack on them.

Wakka, I hope you don't think I'm just saying this to defend OT and attack you. I have nothing against you, we played against each other many times and I had fun. I believed you enjoyed playing there so I don't think you made it as an attack video against OT. So I hope you take my suggestion above and remake the video, even if you don't want to play there anymore.
http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...ad.php?t=21440

Closed Thread

Tags
o-t ban