Nuk3m
Banned

Class/Position: Scout / Offense
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: :e0: Founder
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to Nuk3m
In regards to... [formal terrorism discussion]

Attempting, one topic separate from, one previous. To a formal, and once again I will stress formal, forum discussion. Negotiation with terrorists? Plausible? Why or why not? Also credibility will be a determinant to your posts, so if you have any sources, please attempt to cite them in your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
You really need to look up the definition of extremism. Bin Laden wants the fall of the entire west.

And, also, as we've seen in movies countless times before: We don't negotiate with terrorists.
I understand extremism and am almost sure, although not certain, Osama Bin Laden has an issue with the United States specifically (AFA Western World). As we have seen on September 11th, 2001, his attacks were targeted at us. Not to exclude other American nations, but for the sake of others, we are certain he has motive toward the United States, lets hope no one else.

As far as your second comment, is non-negotiation logical practice, or a root of ignorance? I can far understand our policy on non-negotiations, but do you believe in certain situations it can be more advisable and safer to the American public than our current policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife
I have to agree with Fox here. It's not just how you fight, but what you fig ................. cause your act has proven that back sitters aren't worthy of riding in the bus.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban#Origin Is a good read, I am not attempting at ridicule of your comment, in order to further understand how to reply to your comment I began to research the Taliban and found so much information I did not know about them, as well as some information pertaining to Afghanistan's situation, although some of the information appears to be outdated, more or less it is good to read. There is so much information here for the curious part of you, you will be amazed at much of the material in the link.

Last edited by Nuk3m; 12-03-2007 at 03:16 PM.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
Focksbot
Ambassador of Everything.

Send a message via AIM to Focksbot
Note: Wikipedia is not a 100% accurate source, there are chances that it can be biased or modified based on other's opinions.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:38 PM   #3
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Opening a "negotiations tactic" strategy with terrorists always ends up in them never being satisfied and wanting more. Others learn you're willing to deal and take advantage of the situation, pretty soon they're everywhere demanding everything. Americans would begin to get taken all over the world (more then they are now) and the flood of demands would be astronomical.

Scuzzy

Old 12-02-2007, 09:39 PM   #4
Anshinritsumai
°_o

Class/Position: Medic & Engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: DM, OC, -[CfH]-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focksbot
Note: Wikipedia is not a 100% accurate source, there are chances that it can be biased or modified based on other's opinions.
Note: In recent years, Wikipedia has begun cracking down on misinformation and biased opinion-oriented article edits. Such edits have resulted in account and IP bans from the site. Also note that most articles that contain false information are mostly those relating to popular culture or celebrities of some sort. Anything not relating to popular culture; is pretty much un-biased and based on facts or at least has sources to back up claims (which case claims usually go under a "controversy" section of an article).

Old 12-02-2007, 09:42 PM   #5
LeMaltor

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuk3m
Not to exclude other American nations
How many are there?

Old 12-02-2007, 09:47 PM   #6
Nuk3m
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
Opening a "negotiations tactic" strategy with terrorists always ends up in them never being satisfied and wanting more. Others learn you're willing to deal and take advantage of the situation, pretty soon they're everywhere demanding everything. Americans would begin to get taken all over the world (more then they are now) and the flood of demands would be astronomical.
Scuzzy
Very good point. I can understand your view on this issue. But, if a 'take it or leave it' type policy came into play, wouldn't it at least offer compromise? Also assuming they do not take the offer and want more; and we refuse; would it not just fall back into the position it would have been under our current policy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anshinritsumai
Note: In recent years, Wikipedia has begun cracking down on misinformation and biased opinion-oriented article edits. Such edits have resulted in account and IP bans from the site. Also note that most articles that contain false information are mostly those relating to popular culture or celebrities of some sort. Anything not relating to popular culture; is pretty much un-biased and based on facts or at least has sources to back up claims (which case claims usually go under a "controversy" section of an article).
One topic at a time please lol wow I have become so nice after my ban. I swear it works miracles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMaltor
How many are there?
Mexico, Canada, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands, Guiana, Paraguay, Peru, South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela.

Last edited by Nuk3m; 12-02-2007 at 09:52 PM.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:19 PM   #7
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
Bans solve problems.

I agree fully with the "If you give a mouse a cookie, he'll want a glass of milk" ideology, as it's basic human nature. People die all over the world, and yes, it's tragic when people die as a result of non-negotiation. But that's how the world works and how countries survive. It fucking sucks, and I'm moving to Canada with my boyfriend.

First infraction! Flaming!

Old 12-02-2007, 11:11 PM   #8
StatisticZ
My title is... Custom.

Wow a lot of yall believe too much of what the media reports. We funded Osama Bin Laden and Al-Qadea in the 80's. Also we (Americans) are just as much as terrorists as any other terrorist organization. I didn't read any of the other posts so if someone already said what I said, good for them for not being a blind piece of shit like the other people who have too much pride for this currently POS country of America. Soooo...

Old 12-02-2007, 11:17 PM   #9
Nuk3m
Banned

Quote:
Bans solve problems.

I agree fully with the "If you give a mouse a cookie, he'll want a glass of milk" ideology, as it's basic human nature. People die all over the world, and yes, it's tragic when people die as a result of non-negotiation. But that's how the world works and how countries survive. It fucking sucks, and I'm moving to Canada with my boyfriend.
To what degree? There are various levels of negotiation, and various characteristics as well. When you attempt negotiation with one person versus a group I would believe you can be more successful. It is, in a sense, how drug dealers are caught. It's also how you lead a mouse to cheese.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:19 PM   #10
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuk3m
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban#Origin Is a good read, I am not attempting at ridicule of your comment, in order to further understand how to reply to your comment I began to research the Taliban and found so much information I did not know about them, as well as some information pertaining to Afghanistan's situation, although some of the information appears to be outdated, more or less it is good to read. There is so much information here for the curious part of you, you will be amazed at much of the material in the link.

I know a decent amount about them, I'm sure that link has more though. My problem is a little different. I understand that as human beings we're all capable of many surprising, and appalling things. Terrorism in itself isn't what bugs me.

If I found myself in a simaler situation where the life of my people and the safety of my race depended on suicide bombings I can't say I'd be as apposed top them as I am now. However, I would have a point, a message a truity that would exist. Osama may have had a point long ago, but anything left of that no longer remains. There gets to be a time were it's no longer righteous brave or bold. Eventually, instead of a freedom fighter fighting against the people who tried to use you, you're just sick bastard who wants to watch the world burn.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:15 AM   #11
Nuk3m
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife
I know a decent amount about them, I'm sure that link has more though. My problem is a little different. I understand that as human beings we're all capable of many surprising, and appalling things. Terrorism in itself isn't what bugs me.

If I found myself in a simaler situation where the life of my people and the safety of my race depended on suicide bombings I can't say I'd be as apposed top them as I am now. However, I would have a point, a message a truity that would exist. Osama may have had a point long ago, but anything left of that no longer remains. There gets to be a time were it's no longer righteous brave or bold. Eventually, instead of a freedom fighter fighting against the people who tried to use you, you're just sick bastard who wants to watch the world burn.
I'm sorry I cant follow what you are saying.

Well from the reading I did (See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban...s_application), I grasped that what controls roughly 50% of Afghanistan is an extremist form of what is written in the Qur'an, and that Afghanistan's economy is completely decimated because of the previous Taliban government occupation. Also that the only Government that recognizes them as a ruling power is Pakistan

Old 12-03-2007, 12:55 AM   #12
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by [StatisticZ]
Wow a lot of yall believe too much of what the media reports. We funded Osama Bin Laden and Al-Qadea in the 80's. Also we (Americans) are just as much as terrorists as any other terrorist organization. I didn't read any of the other posts so if someone already said what I said, good for them for not being a blind piece of shit like the other people who have too much pride for this currently POS country of America. Soooo...
Please, don't try to confuse people with facts. You will end up lumped in with the Dixie Chicks, if you keep this up!
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 12-03-2007, 01:08 AM   #13
Backstaber
Custom User Title
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout Offence
Gametype: Capture The Flag
Affiliations: None
We funded the Mujahadeen in the 80's to fight the Soviets take-over of Afghanistan. Nice try attempting to leave that out though.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:19 AM   #14
-=bingo-bango=-
Spirit Studios

Class/Position: Soldier
Affiliations: Blue Team
Send a message via AIM to -=bingo-bango=- Send a message via MSN to -=bingo-bango=-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focksbot
as with any other website on the internet, possibly even more biased

Old 12-03-2007, 01:21 AM   #15
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
Quote:

Why did you just Fail Epically, you ask? Because you left out the changes in administration and power, along with what Backstaber said. Don't bitch about the country, vote for a better leader, and THEN bitch about the country. Got it? Now go destroy some property and cry about racial and age profiling when the poh-leese catch you.

First infraction! Flaming!

Old 12-03-2007, 01:26 AM   #16
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
You do not belong here.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:04 AM   #17
Nuk3m
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Why did you just Fail Epically, you ask? Because you left out the changes in administration and power, along with what Backstaber said. Don't bitch about the country, vote for a better leader, and THEN bitch about the country. Got it? Now go destroy some property and cry about racial and age profiling when the poh-leese catch you.
Let us please try to get this thread back on track, thanks.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:10 AM   #18
YomMamasHouse

How did the US support Bin Laden? I have always heard this but never actually looked into, I could, but maybe one of you guys could fill me in.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:22 AM   #19
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by YomMamasHouse
How did the US support Bin Laden? I have always heard this but never actually looked into, I could, but maybe one of you guys could fill me in.
We supplied him with money, weapons, and training to fight the russians. After that was over we cut him off.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:25 AM   #20
nodnarb

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
I will be watching this thread closely, the moment it gets out of hand it will be closed.

Closed Thread