Old 02-09-2007, 08:55 AM   #1
o_zydell

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Recommend me some-new-piece-of-hardware

So basically I need:

A new keyboard
  • USB-Hub pretty much appreciated
  • Shouldn't be too wide
  • Ergonomic... I'd like to try out a broken layout if there's a reason for it (I don't care about RSI; I am not convinced that it works against that)
  • I'm dont prefer a gamer keyboard

So I did some research and first of all I found the microsoft natural ergonomic 4000 (or whatever). Downsides are that it has no USB hub and I hear several people whine about the 'touch' of certain/all keys. Anyone have this keyboard; comments? I also looked at the Logitech G15, allthough I'm not primarily looking for a gamer-keyboard it has everything I want, besides I have been pretty satisfied with logitech in the past. Only downside is that's this keyboard is huge in width.

A multifuctional laser printer
  • I want ADF (automatic document feed) so I can copy multiple pages with it, without having to use my computer/laptop
  • Besides a USB I would like a LAN connection
  • Dont need fax! Don't need color laser printer.
  • I did some calculations on price/page which ranges from 0.019-0.027 €/page, since I won't be printing that much I don't care too much about this I guess.

The HP LJ 3052 is imho too expensive (both in purchase as well as price/page). Canon has these laserbase printers but they're quite old (dunno if that's a bad thing) so maybe the quality is worse than other printers? I also read some bad reviews... The brother DCP 7025 seems like a nice candidate; anyone have experience with this one?
I'm also very much confused with the print/scan resolutions; some claim 1200x1200dpi optical; other's claim "max. 2400x600dpi" but don't say anything about it being optical or whatever...

Any usefull comments or other possible options would be very much appreciated!
o_zydell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2007, 11:49 AM   #2
o_nuk3m

i actaully just saw that keyboard in best busy yesterday. its such an aquard feel as your fingers know where the keys are on a regular keyboard so its like the biggest pain in the ass to type on thse things not to mention the buttons are spaced fuirther apart then normal so in some cases your reaching for the L key and wahtnot
o_nuk3m is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2007, 01:15 PM   #3
o_led

GET DUAL SLI 8800GTX FAST !!!

(ohh and the G15 is ok i guess, we use it at work just for the macro-functions. The display is totally useless imo, get the G11 instead. Its the same without the display, and cheaper. And ye, it is a bit wide and took me a while to get used to the macro-buttons on the left side.)
o_led is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2007, 02:33 PM   #4
o_zydell

OMG, dual-SLI USB-version!!!111 (have a laptop xD)

Are those macro buttons of any use in windows/applications? Can I like program them to work in Photoshop or whatever? And will the drivers slow your system down, cause I HATE that!!!

Since I have a laptop I'm also looking at this new Logitech thing called 'Alto'... It has both a USB hub AND it's small; another thing that may come in handy is the display riser PLUS it's black (yay).

Old 02-09-2007, 02:41 PM   #5
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
the flat Logitech DiNovo keyboards are nice, just i'd prefer a corded version.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:58 PM   #6
o_zydell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervaka
the flat Logitech DiNovo keyboards are nice, just i'd prefer a corded version.
Nah they just look nice

Old 02-09-2007, 06:01 PM   #7
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Zydell, I have a number of the 3000 and 3300 series HP's in my operations as Fax's and printers primarily. I've been very happy with their performance. One of my Workhorses is the far more expensive 4345 mfp's. Anyway, I have messed with Canon, Brother and Okidata over the years and I keep coming back to HP because they are, in my experience, reliable. I can go into some of my complaints about the other lines if you like. For me, spending a little more for something I don't have to worry about performing is worth it.
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2007, 10:04 PM   #8
o_zydell

Thanks for your reply Innoc-TPF-, I do realise that the HP printers are supposedly reliable, but I'll pay about €/$100 more for the printer PLUS the toner is more expensive also. I am prepared to spend more if I get better quality in return for it. It's just that I'm not convinced I will!

Looking at the printer specs, the DCP 7025 does exactly the same and it gets good user reviews. I'm very much interested in your experience with canon/brother (I haven't really looked at OKI since they dont seem to have a laserprinter with ADF under 400$/€).

Old 02-09-2007, 10:41 PM   #9
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

I've worked with the Brother 4000, 5000 and 7000 series. In my experience Brother seemed to have a real problem with the pickup rollers on the ADF and on the manual feed trays. Also the toner cartridges, while less expensive, had less toner capacity which made more frequent replacement necessary. HP's may be more expensive but you might also get more life out of the cartridge. My last experience with Brother was about 4 years ago.

The Canon's I had were not very stoutly built. Keep in mind that my one office has about 30 people in it so this machine saw alot of use. From broken paper cartridges and trays to feeds. The biggest problem I saw with this machine is that it would not stand up to what I considered to be routine office use. Canon was also outrageously expensive for upgrades and modifications. I still have one Department level machine on lease. When the lease is up this one is going away. I have had my big HP for about 1.5 years and have run about 65,000 pages through it. It's holding up well and the best new feature it brought to the table was scan to email. Fortunately my accounting department continues to treat that as a secret.
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2007, 01:03 AM   #10
o_kam

It was love at first sight...

(couldn't find a yellow printer )
o_kam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2007, 09:25 PM   #11
o_zydell

Thanks a lot, that's... damn ugly!

Old 02-12-2007, 12:25 PM   #12
o_zydell

I ordered the Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 3200; decided to replace both keyboard AND (wired) mouse with this wireless desktop!

I also considered the DiNovo Notebooks desktop but the supplied mouse is crap so I'd have to spend another 50€/$ on a decent mouse since I want to be fully wireless.. (have a MX510 wired mouse at the moment).

Anyone want to share his experience with laserprinters???