Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 07-21-2005, 07:38 PM   #1
o_imbrifer

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Anyone want to draw space ships/futuristic jets?

Greetings everyone, I'm a mapper (check out some of my stuff in the mapping forum). I debated whether or not to put this thread here or in the mapping forum, but what I need is someone who likes to (and is decent at) drawing space ships - I don't think they'd necessarily be snooping 'round the map thread...but Mods, feel free to move this if you deem it necessary.

I am going to see if I can make a map in which there are 2-4 unique medium-sized spaceships/jets are flying through the clouds (one for each team), and players spawn on them and try to either: Get a flag off one of the other ships, destroy the generator room on one of the other ships (making it go 'kaboom' with everyone on board), or some similar objective. The map will be built for 4-16 players (max of 4 on each team). So, finally I have some specifications for the drawings:
- Ships must have Fortress Forever theme
- Ships will be flying in the atmosphere, so its okay to have open doors/windows/rooms/etc
- Each ship must have a deck on which players can jump onto from other ships and battle
- Each ship must have a bit of an interior (1-2 small rooms, one holding objective)
- Each ship must have a deck gun
- Think of your perspective playing: grates/glass between the inside and outside are neat, lights are groovy, etc.
- Ships must be fairly small. They will be flying over and around eachother, so they can't be hulking, and max players on a team will be 4.
- The designs must be relatively simple. I'm going to build these out of worldbrushes (since I'm a mapper, not a modeler).[/list]Well that's all I can think of. I have a design in mind for one, but if anyone would like to contribute I'll include you in the credits and see if I can get your name (or a name you want) to be the 'ship name' on some textures of the ship you design.

I won't be starting this map (other than occaisonal fooling around in Hammer) till Sept, but assuming FF still has a couple months to go, I believe I can finish it by the release of FF, or a month afterwards.[/list]
o_imbrifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2005, 07:44 PM   #2
o_jarek

i have drawings for a similar idea, but its not the kind of ships you speak of, if you ever played ffix its airships like that, but there was only 2, but they are big and relatively identical ;o
o_jarek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2005, 08:21 PM   #3
o_drtom

so you want someone to design your map for you? or am i missing something here !
o_drtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2005, 09:05 PM   #4
o_shaggy

I believe he wants people to draw a design of a ship for him to model.
o_shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2005, 12:11 AM   #5
o_zippy

o_zippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2005, 12:47 AM   #6
o_etzell

OMG ED WOOD FTW
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2005, 12:55 AM   #7
o_imbrifer

Ah drtom, always the positive :)

I am designing the map, and I know in my earlier youth I would doodle things from time to time (known as 'school'). I have the concept and one of the ships nailed down, but I thought this might be an avenue for some people who like doodling to see some of their doodling come to life. Design parts of the map? Sure. But I do the building, testing, altering and texturing. Speaking of texturing, sometimes parts of maps are designed around textures (that are already on your hard drive) but using default textures isn't 'designing your map for you'...

I see no problem with some creative cooperation in map creation. Seems mutually beneficial to me :)
o_imbrifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2005, 12:58 AM   #8
o_comrade tiki

The main body is a two level respawn/stuff/place/engine room, with a third cargo level (open door shown), and inside of the nose area (under the gun) is the flag place and cockpit. Woohoo.
o_comrade tiki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2005, 06:48 AM   #9
o_drtom

hm! well ok !! however mapping is a creative process and the visulisation of ideas is the main part of that !!
o_drtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2005, 07:54 AM   #10
o_fresh

just steal the one form UT2004. Job Done!
o_fresh is offline   Reply With Quote