Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

Old 09-17-2007, 08:21 PM   #1
SizeableSSonic
Joystick Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Engineer or Sniper
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to SizeableSSonic Send a message via MSN to SizeableSSonic
A few questions concerning lua

Alright, here's the deal:

In my soccer map (Azzuri), The teams are the Azzuri (The Italian national soccer team) and the French national soccer team. So, whenever one team scores, I want a team specific sound to be played.

Also, I want to make two other teams for the goalies. How do I make them friendly with their respective teams, and how do I keep them from leaving the goal post area?

My other question, is how to keep the players from crossing the middle of the field, until 5 seconds have passed, and to display a timer counting down until they can pass, and thus try to get the ball.

If anyone could help me out with these, that would be great.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:08 PM   #2
OneEyed

To make the other guys allies you'd have to do:
team:SetAllies( Team.kRed )

For keeping the goaly in the goal box, my suggestion would be to use trigger_ff_clip and code it that way. To move them back, you can just respawn them using:
ApplyToPlayer( player, {AT.kRespawnPlayers})
OneEyed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 09:38 PM   #3
Doughnut-4|4-

Didn't "Pigskin" or something do that thing with the invisible wall to keep them at distance for the opener? Clip brush would work for the goalie.

In my map Super_Soccer_Concer_r I created trigger_hurts which increased damage the further the goalie went out... allowing the goalie to leave. I also put it in for Goalie Kicks... Since the ball couldn't be kicked I made a launch ramp with a push to kick the ball upfield and the goalie to his death. The goalies were HWs and the players were Medics and Scouts... it was very fun!!!... but back to your topic.

Can any of the "Tools" textures be created into func_train or moveable walls? Clip or Invisible? That would solve your wall problem. Another idea is a func_push to keep them at bay and I'm almost positive you can toggle those on and off with a logic_timer or whatever.
Doughnut-4|4- is offline   Reply With Quote