Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
You need to cut it with chainsaw.
Seriously, guys above are saying truth.
Adamido is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #22
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494
well, is 150 'normal' for a 14 year old boy?

my dad also has a bot belly.
Bot belly? Which bot? Some of them are pretty hot...

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2008, 02:59 PM   #23
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
Getting a flat stomach is very hard. If you do lots of ab exorcises as mentioned in the sites already posted, then you will certainly tone up your stomach. Getting flat abs, or a 6-pack is extremely difficult.

For example, while I played soccer regularly I would run 5 miles 3 times a week separate from the running I'd do in my practices (twice a week) and games (once a week). I would do intensive ab exercise as part of my routine including some basic gymnastics. I never got flat abs then. For me, it's probably just not gonna happen without me not eating the way I want to. So I had to choose which was more important. Looking "sexy" or eating at least twice a week.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2008, 03:24 PM   #24
!nF3D4L
D&A Member

Class/Position: Offy ftw
Affiliations: ]NM[- `DIB5
Send a message via MSN to !nF3D4L
yea there is no special way to get a flat stomach, it will just happen, you could do thousands of crunches but it wouldn't guarentee a flat stomach, when you work it you lose fat from all over your body, you lose it equally, now some places are fatter than others so you won't notice the difference as quickly, but it will eventually happen,

for instance

this past year i put on about 30 pounds i was 150 now iam 180(which is were i want to be just not fatty), i was about 13% body fat now ia m18% so inorder to lose 7 % body fat and stay 180 pounds i have to exercise and work out, so that my muscle takes over the weight not the fat.

now even though i put on the 30 pounds i don't have a big fat stomach sure its not flat like it used to be but it isn't huge but i have gotten sum moobs and my thighs are bigger (but they were already big) so if i wanna get my moobs gone and my thighs thinner, running would be best, but since i wanna keep/gain muscle, i do full scale work out, if i wanted to just lose the weight running the best thing to do, you burn the most calories as you have to run with the weight of your body.

and this is just totally random
Quote:
Originally Posted by פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
From that angle it looks like she has a flaming penis...
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek.
Yeah, cause big bad infy is the center of all things development. He is, however, the center of all things cool.
!nF3D4L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2008, 05:41 PM   #25
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc
Bot belly? Which bot? Some of them are pretty hot...
fuck typos. pot*
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2008, 06:22 AM   #26
Anthraxium[WU]
D&A Member

Class/Position: D Soldier
Affiliations: Notorious WU Tang
using a jump rope is better than running to lose weight. I'm talking speed rope, like a boxer... I don't think anything is better than those, however...

and you don't lose weight in the opposite order you put it on, that doesn't make any biological sense

oh, and yeah cut out soda. It gives you a nice belly, the same way beer does. If you really want to keep from putting any weight on, you should cut out carbs whenever you can.

Carbohydrates aren't bad by themselves though. The problem with carbs is that when you eat fatty foods (which everyone does) your body stores the fat and burns the carbs when you exercise or just do daily activities. Carbs don't give off as much energy as fats, but they are a lot easier for your body to breakdown to do work. So if you eat carbs and fats, your body stores the fats (making you a fatty) while burning carbs. Eliminate or reduce the carb intake, and you will burn the fats off - yielding results faster.

Last edited by Anthraxium[WU]; 05-12-2008 at 06:30 AM.
Anthraxium[WU] is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2008, 03:25 PM   #27
Pebbles

One of the best things to do is work out right after you wake up in the morning when your stomach is empty. All your work will go towards burning fat instead of calories you've just consumed.
Pebbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2008, 03:58 PM   #28
Etzell
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamido
You need to cut it with chainsaw.
"I need to lose 20 more pounds, OR I'LL NEVER BE PRETTY!"
Etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2008, 04:16 PM   #29
Hype
Don't believe the hype
D&A Member

Class/Position: Both
Send a message via MSN to Hype
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles
One of the best things to do is work out right after you wake up in the morning when your stomach is empty. All your work will go towards burning fat instead of calories you've just consumed.
And before you sleep.

The father of a friend of mine is a bodybuilder, He told me when you just wake up and right before you go to bed are the best times to work out..
He didn't explain why, but pebbles's explanation sounds logic.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:58 PM   #30
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hype
And before you sleep.

The father of a friend of mine is a bodybuilder, He told me when you just wake up and right before you go to bed are the best times to work out..
He didn't explain why, but pebbles's explanation sounds logic.

Working out before you go to sleep makes it very difficult to fall asleep. Your body gets worked up, blood pressure raised, and the like. Working out in the morning is great for you though.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #31
Hype
Don't believe the hype
D&A Member

Class/Position: Both
Send a message via MSN to Hype
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife
Working out before you go to sleep makes it very difficult to fall asleep. Your body gets worked up, blood pressure raised, and the like. Working out in the morning is great for you though.
I always sleep like a baby if I sport before sleeping..
I always work out, hit the shower and sleep.. If you're not tired while working out your doing it wrong.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:13 PM   #32
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

I would say I get fatigued, but I don't get tired. Then again, even when I am tired, I still cant' sleep. My doctor had told me to stop running and stuff at night and to try doing it in the morning. It didn't really make a difference.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:01 AM   #33
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
When you excersize reeeally depends on your goals, as do all aspects of diet/excersise etc.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:31 AM   #34
File

Sports medicine major.

Long story short... Lift weights, run 5 days a week, get enough water at the right times, and consume only the calories you need for the day.

Nutritionally you can calculate calories from the foods your eating, and then you can calculate how many calories you might expect to burn in a day with running, lifting, and basal metabolism.

Eating healthier foods is good, but you dont need to go to the extreme with it. Just try to avoid shitty foods. Eating diverse foods is helpful... tuna fish, fruits, whatever. Personally I try to avoid 'sugars' but consume other carbohydrates. Some is alright...

You don't necessarily need to lose weight, you just need to change your body composition like someone already mentioned. So eating the right amount of food might actually be more food than you normally consume. Avoid eating before sleep, and always eat breakfast.
File is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-2008, 02:29 AM   #35
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Actually, from what I've heard eating before you sleep is very good, since sleep is 8 hours of fasting, you just have to eat the right stuff. Something like tuna, which has slow-digesting proteins is good to have right before bed.

And also what File said, make sure you're getting the right amount of food, which in most people does mean eating more. Most people eat very little throughout the day but have big suppers, which is the wrong way to do it. Try to eat every 2-3 hours.