Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc View Post
"The incoherence is stupefying"

Please clarify who you are directing that comment to.
I'm just speaking to the universe. People who think that supporting Israel is a good idea is what stupefies me. What do you think will happen when you become best buddies with Israel, the mortal enemy of Muslims? As I pointed out, the entire Muslim world went toe-to-toe with Israel a couple decades ago, and lost. Do you reallllllllllllllly think it's a good idea for us to sit there and become Israel's pimp daddy after an event like that? If you actually LOOK at what the Taliban says, and not what TV anchors tell you they say, you'd find the motivations behind their hate pretty clear. They want us to stop supporting Israel.

It's funny how you (wrongly) try and claim that I straw manned you in the immigration thread, and now, here you are, straw manning me. I already know you disagree with my previous post in this thread, so I'm surprised you brought up that sentence, and not the rest of my post. Whereas, in the other thread, I didn't bring up the rest of your post because I agreed with it. The standard is double.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #102
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron View Post
I'm just speaking to the universe. People who think that supporting Israel is a good idea is what stupefies me. What do you think will happen when you become best buddies with Israel, the mortal enemy of Muslims? As I pointed out, the entire Muslim world went toe-to-toe with Israel a couple decades ago, and lost. Do you reallllllllllllllly think it's a good idea for us to sit there and become Israel's pimp daddy after an event like that? If you actually LOOK at what the Taliban says, and not what TV anchors tell you they say, you'd find the motivations behind their hate pretty clear. They want us to stop supporting Israel.

It's funny how you (wrongly) try and claim that I straw manned you in the immigration thread, and now, here you are, straw manning me. I already know you disagree with my previous post in this thread, so I'm surprised you brought up that sentence, and not the rest of my post. Whereas, in the other thread, I didn't bring up the rest of your post because I agreed with it. The standard is double.
I straw manned you here? I don't think you understand the concept. I merely asked for clarification as to whom you were addressing. Frankly I'd rather see you discuss things with people who actually read this board and post here than launch into some tirade against people who aren't here and will never respond to said tirade. Ironically it would appear that you've propped up another straw man as a target for your railing.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2010, 12:39 AM   #103
Etzell
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Uh oh... Now what?
Etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2010, 12:50 AM   #104
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2010, 05:41 AM   #105
WiFiDi
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag is there any other
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc View Post
I straw manned you here? I don't think you understand the concept. I merely asked for clarification as to whom you were addressing. Frankly I'd rather see you discuss things with people who actually read this board and post here than launch into some tirade against people who aren't here and will never respond to said tirade. Ironically it would appear that you've propped up another straw man as a target for your railing.
ah the truth so true. however, why do Muslims hate Israel lets see well the birth of Christianity and there are Jews there. so assuming my theory is right anyone who lets christian religions in there country they gonna hate

diplomatic reason is because we backed Israel however, if we don't support them now its just worse because then were not supporting our ally and our enemies still hate us because we supported them. its to late to change them hating us. we have to deal with the cards dealt
It's a happy massacre?! (yes, yes it is!)
To make most awesome thing in universe combine Bears and Nicholas Cage!
and remember kids, we didn't start the flame-war!
WiFiDi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2010, 06:50 AM   #106
Bridget
Banned

No.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #107
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFiDi View Post
ah the truth so true. however, why do Muslims hate Israel lets see well the birth of Christianity and there are Jews there. so assuming my theory is right anyone who lets christian religions in there country they gonna hate

diplomatic reason is because we backed Israel however, if we don't support them now its just worse because then were not supporting our ally and our enemies still hate us because we supported them. its to late to change them hating us. we have to deal with the cards dealt

Old 09-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #108
Etzell
D&A Member

Sometimes, Fox News still manages to surprise me. With idiocy.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:56 AM   #109
Bridget
Banned

I'm sure the victims of 9/11 would have agreed to their deaths being used to justify intolerance.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #110
Etzell
D&A Member

And in nice: "Here's where we found body parts" infographic style. Who doesn't want that?

Old 09-16-2010, 04:17 AM   #111
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
Anyone else notice that even in their graphic the building site was away from all the action? They aren't a news show. News shows have facts. Everyone in that video shouldn't be allowed to call themselves journalists.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2010, 09:09 AM   #112
WiFiDi
Beta Tester

ah as long as a journalist is presenting facts, (which now many mainstream journalist aren't.) cbs, abc, nbc is biast one way fox biased the other. all news has pretty much become corrupt since someone decided that itd be a good idea to tell people what to think (it worked surprisingly.) instead of just presenting facts and letting someone decide. so watching fox or any other news isn't bad but make sure you know both sides of a story always. take the facts and sort them out and come up with a conclusion. people just got lazy me thinks wanted the thinking done for em.

Old 09-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #113
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
Not to hijack the thread, but if what I understand you saying is correct, then I agree with you.

While I hate that these networks aren't broadcasting what I would classify as real news they are clearly making lots of money and being very successful. Fox being at the top, I think. O'Reilly is also among the best and the same flaws are with his show.

If all of the American people agreed with me, then shows like his simply would not make any money. Alas.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2010, 09:21 AM   #114
WiFiDi
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but if what I understand you saying is correct, then I agree with you.

While I hate that these networks aren't broadcasting what I would classify as real news they are clearly making lots of money and being very successful. Fox being at the top, I think. O'Reilly is also among the best and the same flaws are with his show.

If all of the American people agreed with me, then shows like his simply would not make any money. Alas.
this is true sadly i have to watch fox to get one side and watch the other stations to get the other side i don't like doing this but talk shows are taking over news. it scares me more than anything.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:22 AM   #115
Bridget
Banned

That's like saying "I can get a rotten apple here and a rotten orange there." I prefer to shop in the fresh produce section (aka avoid mainstream news/talk shows as much as possible).

News stations are so overwhelmingly hyped up to get attention. They're always full of negative stories to keep you depressed, and any 'feel good story' is of low quality because they really didn't go out of their way looking for one. There's always a story about freedom and all that jazz, then another where your freedom is being demolished practically in your face. The anchors are all morons. The weathermen can't make an accurate prediction to save their lives. It's going to rain? No, it'll be dry. It's going to be dry? No, it's going to rain. Apparently 5 mph winds constitute a tornado warning. Oh shit, look, it's sprinkling, take cover.

Don't get started on talk shows. They're all biased, which is okay considering they're talk shows, but they're biased toward their own stupidity and misunderstandings about the world. Take The View for example. They should just rename that show to The View of Stupid Women or The View of Stupid People if you want to be a faggot and call me a sexist. They all argue so matter-of-factly about shit they clearly do not understand, especially that Hasselbeck ignoramus. S'like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. They're all Statists, really. They argue for the State, and attempt to sound smart, but anyone with a brain realizes they're still arguing within a context of a State, so their arguments become nil, null, zero, 0, false, undefined, etc.

The news is controlled anyway. So, it doesn't matter where you go. There's an illusion of choice because news channel #1 has a different point than news channel #2, but you would be ignorant to presume that because you've found something that is different from what is obviously false, that it's suddenly true. It could just be they're both wrong (it is) and you have to look elsewhere and/or draw your own conclusions.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #116
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
"The View" went seriously downhill when Merideth Vierra left. She had good timing, IMHO.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2010, 07:36 PM   #117
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Class/Position: kittens are sneaky, spy
Gametype: Capture the mouse
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Both sides seem obsessed with bodies? Republicans and Democrats are secret death cults.

All the body/parts counting stopped being plastered on every media outlet after Obama was elected. Now the republicans are mapping body parts on their little fox news network to get their point across. Did anyoine else think, that's a lot of fucking body parts? Holy shit. Now I want a burger.
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.
stray kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #118
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Class/Position: kittens are sneaky, spy
Gametype: Capture the mouse
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron View Post
Yea, we keep them 'in check' by teaching them to make nuclear weapons (secretly of course, the UN doesn't acknowledge the existence of an Israeli nuclear weapons program, we all know who runs the operation behind the scenes), then, we ALSO sell Iran components to make nuclear weapons, but 30 years later, all of a sudden it becomes a HUGE SURPRISE that Iran is making nuclear weapons. So, the US allows Israel to secretly make nuclear weapons, selling them the technology, but we sell the same technology to Iran, and get mad when they attempt to use it. Apparently keeping them 'in check' is a perverse way of saying 'double standard'.

Also, bringing up the UN in a discussion about foreign policy is nothing more than a joke. The UN is the least competent organization in the world, it has virtually no resources, and is little more than a PR stunt on a global scale. Perhaps the only part of the UN which has any weight to toss around, is the Security Council, which, playing into the general theme here, the US basically has supreme control over. Which makes the existence of the UN kind of redundant.
Hate to dig up an old post since I have not been around at all recently but...

If we had supreme control over the security council our foreign policy status would actually fit what you believe it is. And if we didn't keep Isreal in check they would have completely eliminated the West Bank and Gaza by now.

Are we all in agreement that Iran is making nuclear weapons now? When did this happen?
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.

Last edited by stray kitten; 10-13-2010 at 07:52 PM.
stray kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2010, 08:33 PM   #119
Bridget
Banned

Who gives a shit if Iran is developing a nuclear weapon?

Old 10-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #120
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Who gives a shit if Iran is developing a nuclear weapon?
The ironing is that Iranians have strong dislike for Muslims (Something Conservatives love!) but, oh, too bad, they still have brown skin. Too bad Iran, we'll be bombing your front door in within the decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray kitten View Post
If we had supreme control over the security council our foreign policy status would actually fit what you believe it is.
How can you logically deny that we don't have supreme control over the security council. Do you know anything about international politics? The US undeniably controls the Security Council, and we have the second-in-command (UK) in our back pockets. This isn't some secret, it's fairly well-known.

Quote:
And if we didn't keep Isreal in check they would have completely eliminated the West Bank and Gaza by now.
Right, 'we' keep 'Israel' in 'check' by sending them $3 billion a year, signing record weapons deals, allow them to have unarguably the most powerful political lobbying force int he world (AIPAC), because it's us who is keeping them in check.

Hey, I have a bridge to sell you.

Quote:
Are we all in agreement that Iran is making nuclear weapons now? When did this happen?
Is national autonomy and recognition on an international something reserved for certain countries? Do you really think that Iran getting a nuclear weapon is a huge issue? All it does is weaken our political influence in international politics. No one is crazy enough to try and attack the US or it's allies, a la M.A.D.

Allow me to let you in on a secret. A nuclear weapon is basically a way of buying your way into international politics. When you have a nuclear weapon, people will listen to you. It gives you bargaining power. This is what Iran wants. In fact, it's what all countries want.