Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 11:52 PM   #1
TheKing

Class/Position: O/D Sniper, D Engy, D Soldier
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: s^., :e0:, -=[$D$]=-, -AA-, +SUF, .20, [AH(S)]-r, [ . ]-r
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
-== BoneYard ==- admins?

Sorry for posting this here, wasn't sure how else to get in touch with the server admins and google isn't returning results for them.

I was just playing a minute ago ( my in game name was 'rawb', steamid STEAM_0:0:13000537 ) and got kicked/banned without warning or really doing anything (pretty sure I hadn't said a word to anybody either). Was that a mistake or was there something specific that I was doing wrong?

I wouldn't make so big a deal of it but I like this game lots and there are only a handful of servers left out there, worth it to me to check if maybe it was a mistake...

Old 04-10-2016, 02:53 AM   #2
homie in reboks'

Class/Position: Soldier & Medic
Affiliations: ( ir :: ) iv| K^ †
Posts Rated Helpful 80 Times
You post one of these every time a new server comes up because you get banned every time a new server comes up. Seems like everyone thinks you cheat. You should probably just accept it as a fact of life, or play something other than sniper 24/7.

Anyway, you'll need to contact JuicyDD to get any real traction on your ban at the Bone Yard. Maybe he'll respond here. He drops by from time to time. Best of luck in all your future endeavors.

Old 04-10-2016, 03:32 AM   #3
TheKing

Class/Position: O/D Sniper, D Engy, D Soldier
Affiliations: s^., :e0:, -=[$D$]=-, -AA-, +SUF, .20, [AH(S)]-r, [ . ]-r
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
This is the first time I've posted on these forums since 2013 (and the second thread I've participated in at all since 2011). Also worth noting that I've been a member of these forums since 2008 and the only other time I've ever posted a thread like this was three years ago when I was banned from YOUR server (not cool btw, but I wasn't cheating back then either and I appreciate the unban).

I prefer the sniper class, but I'd absolutely abide by any server rules against it or I wouldn't play on that server. This is the first time I've played in a few months, but I haven't been banned from anywhere else in at least a few years (I get cheating accusations from players from time to time, but again, I'm really really not cheating).

In this particular instance I didn't get any feedback prior to being banned, just playing one second and kicked the next without being given a reason. If it's because the admins think I cheat that's fine (but they're wrong), just hoped for either a resolution or an explanation.

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction in terms of who to talk to, but I didn't see a forum account with that username. Any chance you could PM me contact information?

Last edited by TheKing; 04-10-2016 at 03:52 AM.

Old 04-10-2016, 04:47 AM   #4
homie in reboks'

Class/Position: Soldier & Medic
Affiliations: ( ir :: ) iv| K^ †
Posts Rated Helpful 80 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction in terms of who to talk to, but I didn't see a forum account with that username. Any chance you could PM me contact information?
Nope, but I doubt it was him that banned you anyway. I'm pretty sure Guido is an admin on that server and he might be able to help you.

Also, there was a recent thread where someone, Bostwix, got banned from the server. You might want to check on that and see if you can find some useful information there.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:39 AM   #5
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
You were banned because one of the admins thought you were cheating. I don't know if you were cheating or not, but I do know the admins there have an abysmal track record of identifying and persecuting "cheaters".

The type of crack pot detective work that goes on there (I could give you examples if you, or anyone, would like) has dumbfounded me. It's registered an emotion I don't quite know how to describe. Not at all angry, but not quite sad, not in the least amusing, and not exactly confusing, because I kind of expect it anyways.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:39 AM   #6
JuiceDD

Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
:

Last edited by JuiceDD; 05-01-2016 at 01:14 AM.

Closed Thread