Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 10-21-2007, 07:58 AM   #21
rannibunny
You are a pirate!

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
yeah, if noone would have wrecked and savaged our most beloved game, there wouldn't even be a need for ff...
rannibunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2007, 12:28 PM   #22
GhOsT

If it wasn't for Valve TFC wouldn't have existed. If it wasn't for Valve packaging TFC with a HL update TFC wouldn't have become as popular as it did. If TFC didn't exist conc jumping as we know it wouldn't have existed. So in turn if FF was made for another game it would probably be more like QTF.
GhOsT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2007, 01:09 PM   #23
EngeeMan
Banned

If not for Robin Walker there wouldn't have been a TF. If there was no TF there wouldn't have been a TFC or TF2.

<3 Robin.

EngeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2007, 01:40 PM   #24
Private_Joker
a fucking comedian
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout and Medic
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Private_Joker
I don't really understand the point of all these counterfactuals...but here's mine:

If there was no TF2, Fortress might finally have the popularity which it deserves.

The war is never over.

-Joker
Private_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2007, 02:29 PM   #25
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Ok now, thats enough butt kissing valve and Robin.
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2007, 04:42 AM   #26
Richards

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Wow... people forgot all about where it started. QWTF. There woudnt be any fortress mods/spinoffs without that. Honestly im embarrased to play FF at times with the strange stuff like tagging snipers, medics with the epic reach(concs/emps that work through walls) and the amazing ability to leap over fire! (although that is kind of realistic)

Modeled after TFC, it's the same game plan, lots of changes that turns the old QWTF players off. (At least for me it does)

Id just like some simple fixes, snipers that dont require a 1second charge for a kill, the removal of the 'charging bar' for both hw/sniper or at least an option to disable it, pipe grenades that actually have the explosion it used to and the removal of the cloak (I find it only useful in dark maps, light maps they show up quite well, to the point I wonder why they use it)

I do wonder myself if the conc is supposed to have that big of a blast radius, I dont recall it being that big.
(I laughed when I noticed that the FF team totally forgot about the building of sentries in spawn to block people, I myself had forgotten until I saw it again... I dont recall seeing that happen since QWTF)

Old 10-23-2007, 05:30 PM   #27
GhOsT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards
...medics with the epic reach(concs/emps that work through walls) and the amazing ability to leap over fire! (although that is kind of realistic)...
Not sure about concs, but EMPs definitely worked through walls in QWTF.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:21 PM   #28
Richards

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
That I know they did, although EMP grenades didnt equal an instant kill. We generally dropped ammo we didnt need or dropped some ammo to reduce the effect(engineers!)

Old 10-24-2007, 05:56 AM   #29
Dospac
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Dospac Send a message via AIM to Dospac Send a message via MSN to Dospac Send a message via Yahoo to Dospac
Dropping ammo lessens the emp damage in FF, m8.
Dospac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2007, 11:58 AM   #30
GhOsT

As it did in TFC as well, unless you were a pyro.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:23 PM   #31
Lt Llama

Without Valve I would have been married now and being busy making babies.

THANK YOU VALVE
Lt Llama is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2007, 03:31 PM   #32
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
You know something Peon, I think I agree with you. I might not play as many FPS games as you probably do, but I understand where you're coming from.

But, you also have to think about the TFC fan base that probably caused Valve to create a new version of it. I mean, Blue Shift, Opposing Force, Ricochet didn't make it because none of them were as popular as DOD, CS and TFC. These 3 games are why valve is doing so well right now. CS, for obvious reasons, DOD keeps that militaristic/war feeling to it, and TFC because it's unique in every form or fashion compared to every other FPS game out there, including the Tribes/Unreal series.

And if the fan base hadn't been there for TFC, it would be as dead as those other games I listed, and we wouldn't find a need to make a new version of it.

Because of Valve, I can happily say that they are bringing new people to our game. I consider TFC, or the TF series a part of my life. It was the first FPS I've ever played, and as much as I continue to play other games, I will never stop playing TFC/FF/TF2.

You play for over a certain amount of time and you start to feel like you deserve something more, something better than what has been produced, but I think Valve did a damn good job on TF2 and the same goes for the development team here that created FF. Both are not the same as TFC, and I doubt anything will ever be the same, but rest assured, you can bet your ass there will be more people modding both mods to their specifications(TFC style).
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote