Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > Server/Player Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #61
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
DeToXxX sounds just like another Bridget.

You guys whine more than the entire pickup community combined.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #62
DeToXxX

Class/Position: Offense
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] .t5
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
First time Hamhock hasn't typed a novel that i'm willing to read. I'm not trying to troll. And, I don't understand why everyone has to complain about it anyways? If you don't like the server, don't play on it? It's that easy. No need to be a liberal douche about it. I hate WoW, do I play it? No. Do I complain about it? No. And just because Bridget had some valid points doesn't make him a bad guy. I don't agree with him 100% and trust me... Bridget and I have had some serious debates about shit and trying to get anything past the guy is similar to teaching a monkey Chinese Algebra.

Stop crying, play the game. If you don't like talos reverting back to the original gameplay because they didn't like the update. ffs, DON'T PLAY IN TALOS then. We had 20 people on for the past 3 days later at night. So clearly not TOO many people are offended by it. Those of which are actually the ones complaining on this forum. God forbid to be the devils advocate if there ever was one. But, for the love of god. Shut the fuck up already.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #63
Hammock
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToXxX View Post
First time Hamhock hasn't typed a novel that i'm willing to read..
Ouch, I'm soo hurt from a guy I never seen in game, or too insignificant to learn your in game name. It's not being devils advocate when you and bridget both consistently just blame the pickup community for all the problems this game has, it's laughable actually "Oh I've offered to help but I just keep getting ignored, Bridget's said the same thing over and over. But guess what. Nobody would want a negative whiner on their team anyways.

Quote:
DON'T PLAY IN TALOS then
I don't anymore, nobody's seen me in that server since the changes were made. Not to mention my attendance before then had dropped off. Not too much fun playing on a server that lags all the time.

Oh, and you see people still playing there because there are only 2 common public servers.

Kube's isn't known enough to be a regular server just yet. But when someone spends the time to sit in there (probably Kube) it fills up and yours is empty. That's all you have, people willing to sit idle in an empty server.

It's like saying "Well at our picnic all we had to eat was burnt hotdogs, but people were eating them, so they must have been a huge success!

Old 07-27-2011, 09:45 PM   #64
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
First time Hamhock hasn't typed a novel that i'm willing to read. I'm not trying to troll. And, I don't understand why everyone has to complain about it anyways? If you don't like the server, don't play on it? It's that easy. No need to be a liberal douche about it. I hate WoW, do I play it? No. Do I complain about it? No. And just because Bridget had some valid points doesn't make him a bad guy. I don't agree with him 100% and trust me... Bridget and I have had some serious debates about shit and trying to get anything past the guy is similar to teaching a monkey Chinese Algebra.

Stop crying, play the game. If you don't like talos reverting back to the original gameplay because they didn't like the update. ffs, DON'T PLAY IN TALOS then. We had 20 people on for the past 3 days later at night. So clearly not TOO many people are offended by it. Those of which are actually the ones complaining on this forum. God forbid to be the devils advocate if there ever was one. But, for the love of god. Shut the fuck up already.
I don't have any problem with any server owner doing whatever their community deems necessary to make the game fun for their regular players. Let's get that out there right off the bat. The only issue I have with it, is that unsuspecting new players may see the server populated, and start playing there... thinking it's a (more or less) stock server and that that is how the game was released. Then, they wander into another server, and see much different gameplay. This may confuse them, and quite possible turn them off to the game.

If you can, please mention to the admins of the server to at least put something in the MOTD, or server name, or something to let potential unfamiliar players know that there is a distinct difference between the Talos server and any "unmodified" stock servers out there.

O-T has already done this, by simply modifying the name that shows up on the server list. I'm fine with that. If new players decide that they like what you've done to modify the game, and want to play exclusively on your server.... that's fine too.

People who frequent the forums and know what's going on.... I'm not too worried about. I just don't want to see potential players turned off by confusion about different gameplay across different servers, not knowing what's what. I hope you understand, and agree. Our community is fairly small, and sadly, very divided on things. The fewer people we alienate the better. If nothing else, we are all united in that we enjoy this game, on whatever server we play on.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:33 AM   #65
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
See, here's the problem, you did not revert back to 2.41, if you did no one with 2.43 would be able to play. Instead what you did was, make the laser grenade overfucking powered because you are too much of an idiot to adjust to the new grenade. Then you made the HWGUY push overpowered as well(Supposedly), while also giving him a mirv. Not only that, but engys have 4 grenades, which hasn't been that way for a while.
Fuck, my main class is an engy and I am perfectly happy with 2 EMPS, and I miss the 1 shot emps.

Don't tell people to shut the fuck up, because I'll make you shut up, without using any of my vBulletin powahs. Hypocritical fuck ass, you and various other have whined and whined and whined about updating FF, and when it happens, you bitch some more because OMG, it's NOT EXACTLY LIKE TFC. Guess what, niggah, this isn't TFC.

You want TFC, grow some balls and play TFC. This is Fortress Forever, a Team Fortress Game. This is not TFC:Source.

Hammacok, Detoxx uses the name Fatal in game, lol.

Quote:
There is a huge difference between giving valid points, trolling and being a douche. He's more of a trolling douche nugget who sometimes had a valid point. Hence why he is no longer here.

Quote:
LOLOLOL Seriously? It took them OVER a year to push out the small changes they did get out. A floating spinning flag? Nice. I've applied, and talked to many devs about joining the team and helping out w/ what I can do. Mapping, coding, etc. But, to no avail... I'm ignored. Regardless of the reasoning. If they wanted to "gear the fan base" And NOT only the pickup elite. Then they would get more people who can help them out, to make a better patch, better upgrades, better game play. Call me crazy. But, that would make sense, no?
They've ignored a shit ton of people, because time and time again, people apply, become a dev and don't do shit. If you wanted to map so badly, you don't have to be a dev to do that. You can do that own your own.

Also, let's tear this paragraph apart a bit: 2.42-3 was geared towards the pickup elites?
How so? Medic's SNG got a clip, the pickup guys BITCHED about it.

So, if you are too fucking lazy to read, tl;dr version : You are an idiot and should be taken out back and shot like a limping dog, or atleast beaten to the status of a limp dog, then shot.

Also, blame Squeek.

The Jumppads are now destroyable, what did the pickup guys use to do with them? Place them on the flag and use it to do a relay faster, PICKUPS NERFED.

Slowfield: Fun as fuck for pubs, same goes for the push.

Laser Grenade : meh, who cares, the only thing I miss from the nail grenade was the explosion, but that was for doing stuff shit in skill maps. I get more kills from the laser then I did for the nails of the nail grenade. Who would of thought!
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014

Old 07-28-2011, 05:36 AM   #66
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
See, here's the problem, you did not revert back to 2.41, if you did no one with 2.43 would be able to play. Instead what you did was, make the laser grenade overfucking powered because you are too much of an idiot to adjust to the new grenade. Then you made the HWGUY push overpowered as well(Supposedly), while also giving him a mirv. Not only that, but engys have 4 grenades, which hasn't been that way for a while.
Fuck, my main class is an engy and I am perfectly happy with 2 EMPS, and I miss the 1 shot emps.

Don't tell people to shut the fuck up, because I'll make you shut up, without using any of my vBulletin powahs. Hypocritical fuck ass, you and various other have whined and whined and whined about updating FF, and when it happens, you bitch some more because OMG, it's NOT EXACTLY LIKE TFC. Guess what, niggah, this isn't TFC.

You want TFC, grow some balls and play TFC. This is Fortress Forever, a Team Fortress Game. This is not TFC:Source.

There is a huge difference between giving valid points, trolling and being a douche. He's more of a trolling douche nugget who sometimes had a valid point. Hence why he is no longer here.

They've ignored a shit ton of people, because time and time again, people apply, become a dev and don't do shit. If you wanted to map so badly, you don't have to be a dev to do that. You can do that own your own.

Also, let's tear this paragraph apart a bit: 2.42-3 was geared towards the pickup elites?
How so? Medic's SNG got a clip, the pickup guys BITCHED about it.

So, if you are too fucking lazy to read, tl;dr version : You are an idiot and should be taken out back and shot like a limping dog, or atleast beaten to the status of a limp dog, then shot.

Also, blame Squeek.

The Jumppads are now destroyable, what did the pickup guys use to do with them? Place them on the flag and use it to do a relay faster, PICKUPS NERFED.

Slowfield: Fun as fuck for pubs, same goes for the push.

Laser Grenade : meh, who cares, the only thing I miss from the nail grenade was the explosion, but that was for doing stuff shit in skill maps. I get more kills from the laser then I did for the nails of the nail grenade. Who would of thought!
That's cool, I call one person an idiot and get an infraction. Meanwhile dude here goes on a rampage (not even drunk) and can get away with it. I demand this fat kid give himself an infraction because it wasn't professional enough (despite if detoxx deserves it or not.)

K thnx.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:58 AM   #67
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eomoyaff View Post
That's cool, I call one person an idiot and get an infraction. Meanwhile dude here goes on a rampage (not even drunk) and can get away with it. I demand this fat kid give himself an infraction because it wasn't professional enough (despite if detoxx deserves it or not.)

K thnx.

No, see, I'll be an asshole to people who are being assholes, if you discuss it in an adult manner and are polite about it, so will I. But, when you just want to bash and bash away, I have zero problems stepping in and making you look like a fool. Even though Squeek has told me hundreds of times to stop it.

- Signed The Fat Kid who weights 165LBS and is 5'11''.
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014

Old 07-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #68
Hammock
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
Fatal? lol, that guy lost most of his credibility to me when one night I was playing music and he globally muted me. Nobody in the server was bitching, infact a few people were asking me if I had certain songs, and instead of just locally muting me, he globally muted me.

Then the very next night (I'm talking the very next night, not a week later, not 2 days later, but less than 24 hours later), he was doing the exact same thing... playing music over the mic, and the funny part was that people were bitching at him about it.

The hypocrisy and admin abuse was astounding.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:55 PM   #69
Raynian
D&A Member

Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
>>standard 2.43 laser grens weak
>>overpressure not good enough
>>slowfield more annoying to play against than mirvs
>>implying idiocy

Rather than give 2.43 a few months to see how it works out (probably very WELL, I'd imagine), both of the servers decided to herpaderp and customize their shit. Mods of a mod of a mod of a mod are okay IF there are enough people playing the game. With maybe 40-50 people on on the best of nights, it's dumb.

The only 'mod' I would ever support is, if they change push mechanics (concs, rockets, pipes, etc) - reverting it solely for a skill server. All these changes have no place on a pub server. I didn't mind the gas grenade because removing it without a replacement was gay. But all this shit going on now? Childish.

The only change I kinda like is 4 emps. Not because he really -needs- it, but because I hate watching a dropbags+emp doing a grand total of maybe 130 damage, and then I need a ton more emps to actually kill someone.
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves
7:00 PM - zE: like watching fox news
7:00 PM - zE: its like wtf

Old 07-28-2011, 05:55 PM   #70
DeToXxX

Class/Position: Offense
Affiliations: [TALOS] .t5
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock View Post
Fatal? lol, that guy lost most of his credibility to me when one night I was playing music and he globally muted me. Nobody in the server was bitching, infact a few people were asking me if I had certain songs, and instead of just locally muting me, he globally muted me.

Then the very next night (I'm talking the very next night, not a week later, not 2 days later, but less than 24 hours later), he was doing the exact same thing... playing music over the mic, and the funny part was that people were bitching at him about it.

The hypocrisy and admin abuse was astounding.
Seriously? Strange how you Canadians always remember the truth different than everyone else. Your mic was extremely loud, and everyone was asking to turn it down. Keep the music on, but turn it down. You never did. I even asked. To no avail.

It's strange to me that this is a free game. Nobody had to purchase it. Yet, the servers we do have to purchase and we're not allowed to make changes to it deemed necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostromo
I can't think of any popular mod that hasn't been subjected to scripting in order to modify, or enhance, its gameplay; including, but not limited to, Valve's precious TF2, whose player base averages 40,000 to 70,000 players (here are the stats.) As such, and having spent the millions that Valve has in developing this mod and "balancing" it by removing grenades, et al. There presently exist many TF2 servers running scripts that add grenades and different weapons, among other changes.

Last edited by DeToXxX; 07-28-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:16 PM   #71
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier, Medic
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: +M|M+ -RS
Posts Rated Helpful 170 Times
Look at the size of the community. Why would you want to split it so that people only go to one server instead of enjoying the game play in them all. It makes no fucking sense.

Last edited by NeonLight; 07-28-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:22 PM   #72
Hammock
D&A Member

Quote:
Seriously? Strange how you Canadians always remember the truth different than everyone else
Lol, nationality has nothing to do with anything, by far the weakest attempt at an insult I've ever seen. Proud to be a Canadian here, hows your American debt going?

Besides you missed the point of my post, it wasn't that you muted me, it was that you muted me for something you then did yourself the very next night.

I mean seriously, you might have had a shred of credibility in what you're saying if you had muted me and left it at that, but to go and do the exact same thing the following night was soo unbelievabley hypocritical, and it wasn't even me who brought up the hypocricy that night, it was some other person who was there for both nights who commented about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostromo
I can't think of any popular mod that hasn't been subjected to scripting in order to modify, or enhance, its gameplay; including, but not limited to, Valve's precious TF2, whose player base averages 40,000 to 70,000 players (here are the stats.) As such, and having spent the millions that Valve has in developing this mod and "balancing" it by removing grenades, et al. There presently exist many TF2 servers running scripts that add grenades and different weapons, among other changes.
Incase you have troubles reading, the bolded part in the above quote is the very arguement most of these people using, the community with it's average 20 players a night is not large enough to split into different factions.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #73
FreaK367
Everyones favorite FreaK
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout, Engineer and Sniper
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 17 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian View Post
The only change I kinda like is 4 emps. Not because he really -needs- it, but because I hate watching a dropbags+emp doing a grand total of maybe 130 damage, and then I need a ton more emps to actually kill someone.
I like the idea of 4 EMPs for a different reason, a few popular maps, to name a couple off the top of my head, Congestus and Schtop, don't have grenade packs, meaning to play as an Engineer, you need to settle for a single EMP per life unless you cap a flag.

And in my opinion, apart from the SG, the EMP is the best weapon an Engineer has, due to the potential damage and the fact it throws enemies in the air which makes them vulnerable. And 1 EMP with no restock until you die is pathetic. And it puts me off playing the class. I think an Engineer should spawn with 2 and have 3 Max, like a Medic spawns with 2 concs but has 3 max.

Either that, or add grenade packs to every map, FF is unique from TF2 and follows on from TFC because it has Grenades, and all maps should support that and have multiple grenade packs per base, like Aardvark and DropDown do, with plenty of grenade packs around the bases.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #74
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
You forgot Emp-Jumping. That right there is a reason for the Engy to have a max of 3 or 4.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 07-29-2011, 06:22 PM   #75
Jay Mofo Mills
Jay|mOfO|Mills
Beta Tester

Gametype: Snag the flag beotches
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
1. If you modify or revert your server, put something in the title or MOTD so potential new players don't think they mis-installed. Good point whoever said it.

2. Quit pointing fucking fingers like Talos this OT that it's fucking bullshit. And Freak saying talos is the backend or backside of FF? What does that even mean? Talos has helped keeped FF populated as has OT. And giving people freedom of speech, shit thats the American way.

3. The Pickup community hasn't ruined this game. Some PEOPLE (as in individuals) can definitely be douche bags. But hey, I've seen them do it in pubs as well. I play pickups and pub, I play because I love FF. All this fucking finger pointing drives me crazy.

4. I like the changes to the HW and Laser nade. Some shit takes getting used to. Perhaps some tweaks are necessary.

5. I'm sure I could continue but I'm not going to. Good work devs on keeping this game moving.

In closing, let's not lose track of who is still around in FF.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:32 PM   #76
FreaK367
Everyones favorite FreaK
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout, Engineer and Sniper
Posts Rated Helpful 17 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Mofo Mills View Post
2. Quit pointing fucking fingers like Talos this OT that it's fucking bullshit. And Freak saying talos is the backend or backside of FF? What does that even mean? Talos has helped keeped FF populated as has OT. And giving people freedom of speech, shit thats the American way.
I'm not American, I believe in dictatorships, unfair taxes, harsh laws, abortion, lack of speech, moustaches and interspecific sexual relationships.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #77
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier, Medic
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: +M|M+ -RS
Posts Rated Helpful 170 Times
Get out you aren't welcome here! Jk <3

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:22 PM   #78
angrypyro
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreaK367 View Post
Either that, or add grenade packs to every map, FF is unique from TF2 and follows on from TFC because it has Grenades, and all maps should support that and have multiple grenade packs per base, like Aardvark and DropDown do, with plenty of grenade packs around the bases.
Also packs that give grenades should have a unique look that makes them different from other packs so that it is easier to figure out which packs give ammo/health/armor and which give grenades. I know that some maps have text that say grenades but a different bag look would be much easier.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:38 AM   #79
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreaK367 View Post
I'm not American, I believe in dictatorships, unfair taxes, harsh laws, abortion, lack of speech, moustaches and interspecific sexual relationships.
That makes you sound canadian. lol

Also, i think there's really nothing that can be done until the devs figure a way to stop players from changing around the server lua's/settings/whatevers. The most they can do is really ask them to make sure that if changes are made, that the server notifies players of the changes (some way) prior to them entering. /shrug.

Im just going to go back to playing the game. And stop worrying again over all the bull shit i keep getting caught up in lol. <--- best idea ever.

Last edited by eomoyaff; 07-30-2011 at 04:40 AM.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:45 AM   #80
Raynian
D&A Member

Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
All maps should have a button in spawn or on the sniper deck that drops a nuclear bomb. It kills everyone, but instantly awards victory to your team for arbitrary reasons. In addition, there would be a trigger_hurt that prevents anyone from touching said button unless they have accumulated 25 kills without dying once. Also, snipers should be made invincible unless they are on a 25 kill streak. To balance it, we must enforce a 3 sniper limit. Any more would be overpowered.

All these changes would make a legitimate and balanced game.
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves
7:00 PM - zE: like watching fox news
7:00 PM - zE: its like wtf

Closed Thread