Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds

Old 03-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
zelenjava
pew pew cry Bridget
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
I did it on TFC elmo, i've had a few goes on FF failing at the end of jump 2. Its a map that takes allot of time. i'm not decent at it :P the decent players would call it a n00b map now. They really did advance beyond anything i ever imagined. They conced the bitchjump! it's nuts :P. The reason i chose concmap_exist is because along time ago it was considered the golden standard, once you beat it you were unofficially classed as a decent conc jumper. Like i said, i wanted something a bit challenging. I'm considering taking it out though and switching it for concmap_eu which is considerably easier and fun!
zelenjava is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
I agree with Jack Bauer (lol sounds funny saying that) it should be something that shows a degree of excellence... I mean that's what skillz guilds are about. I don't really expect to be able to do it. However when I considered you having two sides to this guild as a jack of all trades (before I knew the conc maps you had selected) I presumed it might be something within my grasp. That said I'm not too fussed if it isn't cause I'd respect those that can even more!!

Don't have to consider this but one option could be an extra partial guild.. give people credit for having part A or part B only.. and then people can recognise those that have achieved both parts as being exceptional. Once one obtains a part and gets some recognition then it could be more incentive to try and get the other part. It'd certainly give me incentive to at least try and get the other part (rather than you changing the conc map).

But I don't know how hard conc_exist is among those capable so changing the map is up to those who can already achieve it! As I said I'd agree it should be for those who deserve it.
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2011, 01:57 AM   #3
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
Don't have to consider this but one option could be an extra partial guild.. give people credit for having part A or part B only.. and then people can recognise those that have achieved both parts as being exceptional. Once one obtains a part and gets some recognition then it could be more incentive to try and get the other part. It'd certainly give me incentive to at least try and get the other part (rather than you changing the conc map).
Honestly, I think this is a great idea!

For the record; I have nothing against pick-ups... I just don't like IRC clients(more to the point, IRC), and if it wasn't for relying on them... I might try one.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote