Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Tips and Tutorials

Old 06-23-2008, 05:08 AM   #1
Jester
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: O: Scout
Affiliations: {NFO} - New Family Order
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
TF2 style sniping alias

This allows you to just right-click and it will zoom in and start charging for you. Left-click to fire and it will begin charging again on its own. Right-click again to zoom out and go back to normal playing.

Put this in your sniper.cfg so it toggles correctly after death(if you were still zoomed):
Code:
alias attacker "-attack;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;+attack"
alias togglesnipe "+attack2;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;-attack2;+attack;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;bind mouse1 attacker;bind mouse2 togglesnipe2"
alias togglesnipe2 "-attack;+attack2;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;-attack2;bind mouse1 +attack;bind mouse2 togglesnipe"
bind mouse2 togglesnipe
bind mouse1 +attack
-attack
If this has already been done let me know. Also, if you can simplify this let me know too, I hate using so many wait commands.

Make sure you put a "bind mouse2 +attack2" and "bind mouse1 +attack" in your other class configs or a cleanup config so it doesn't interfere.

REMEMBER: You have to stand still for the laser to charge while zoomed in.

Last edited by Jester; 06-24-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
jordan10la

Class/Position: Medic
Affiliations: {FYC}
Just tested it out and it seems to be a pretty good script. There are some things that bothered me but I don't even know if they can be fixed. First off
I think it should shoot on release of mouse1 rather than as soon as it is pressed.
I also think it would be nice if it were possible to unscope without shooting as long as mouse1 is held in. I'm not sure if I am explaining myself very good but either way the script as it is is still good by itself. Easier than holding mouse1 in the whole time.
jordan10la is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2008, 09:33 PM   #3
Jester
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: O: Scout
Affiliations: {NFO} - New Family Order
The whole point of the script is to make it so it fires when you click. The default sniping already fires when you let go so why would I want that?

EDIT: Some errors with this script:
If you die while zoomed in, you continue to +attack, the sniper.cfg needs a -attack at the end, but so will every other class script if you change classes after dying.
If you switch weapons while zoomed you will continue to +attack, this can't be fixed unless you rebind every weapon switch key with a -attack at the end . All you can do is right-click again to stop the firing.

Last edited by Jester; 06-24-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote