Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNL View Post
Bri we don't grief noobs at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNL View Post
The pickup players would gladly help new players learn how to play more competitively

Neon, it's clear that you're a nice dude that wouldn't grief, and would help people out, but our gripe isn't with you. I think you know that already, though.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #42
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier, Medic
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: +M|M+ -RS
Posts Rated Helpful 170 Times
No no I would agree that there was griefing, but the players who did don't play anymore
NeonLight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #43
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRYMORE View Post
u bring up the fact that we grief newbs as much as people bring up the fact that u dont play FF and ur opinions mean shit..
Apples to oranges

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRYMORE View Post
the truth is we dont grief newbs u faggot
You do.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #44
Lynus
I like Ceyx
Beta Tester

Send a message via AIM to Lynus
Quote:
Basically, all you guys who start retarded drama over absolutely nothing, pick on 'noobs', grief noobs in public servers, etc.
Just because we are better than you and like video games to be more competitive than you doesn't mean that we start drama over nothing, pick on 'noobs', or grief noobs in pub servers.

Back when the UGC League was in place about a year I decided to start my own clan, with no intentions of being league champ. I wanted to get more players in the competitive scene so the league would stay around. I tried recruiting newbies from -YOUR- server, and welp just so happened to get banned from it for about 9 months. I wasn't being obnoxious and spamming about recruiting, I was simply making personal conversation with a couple people asking if theyd be interested in joining my clan for the upcoming league. Welp an admin told me not to, and I thought it was a horseshit rule ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING TALOS wasn't even signed up for UGCLeague. I wasn't causing ANYONE harm, at all... yet I get a bad name for trying to HELP NEWBS OUT....yeah... tell me how much i broke the server rules.

The point is this: Bridget and Genghistron continually misquote and misleed this forum about myself and the pickup community. I'll agree that there's a couple people in the pickup community who give everyone else a bad name, myself or CHURCHMOUTH are not those players. The pickup players are generally better than the pub players so it's easy for the pickup community and the pub community to talk shit to each other. I'd gladly help new players out, I've done it in the past with the e0: boys. And with {FYC} - I was an officer of the group, and was about nothing except helping newb out and having fun. At {FYC}'s prime, we had over 30 members. Tell me how many newbs I've griefed again... I want names.

So yeah, dont gimme that shit about how I bash on newbs and ruin their FF experience... I always join the weaker team. Me Griefing newbs is simply a boldfaced lie.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #45
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus View Post
Just because we are better than you and like video games to be more competitive than you doesn't mean that we start drama over nothing, pick on 'noobs', or grief noobs in pub servers.
I'm perfectly competitive, and I'm a half decent player. There's actually a bunch of decent players in TALOS, but you think because we aren't some super competitive team that we're not good. That's simply not the case. We're a collection of gamers that have similar interests. Some of us are good players, some can barely play engineer. Apparently for you and your ilk, that's hard to understand.

We don't hate anyone for being good at video games, because as I pointed out, we have many capable players amongst our ranks, it's when you guys act like assholes that we take issue. TALOS, as an entity, is entirely neutral, as long as you aren't being an asshole towards us, or doing something malicious in our server, we're happy to occupy the internet with you. Once you cross that line, we no longer care for you. You make it seem like we're jealous of your 'skill'.

lol.

Quote:
Back when the UGC League was in place about a year I decided to start my own clan, with no intentions of being league champ. I wanted to get more players in the competitive scene so the league would stay around. I tried recruiting newbies from -YOUR- server, and welp just so happened to get banned from it for about 9 months. I wasn't being obnoxious and spamming about recruiting, I was simply making personal conversation with a couple people asking if theyd be interested in joining my clan for the upcoming league. Welp an admin told me not to, and I thought it was a horseshit rule ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING TALOS wasn't even signed up for UGCLeague. I wasn't causing ANYONE harm, at all... yet I get a bad name for trying to HELP NEWBS OUT....yeah... tell me how much i broke the server rules..

I'm not sure why you're bringing this up. You were banned because you were acting like a child and insulting the guy who owns the Talos server. You asked us to unban you on the condition that you don't act like a child/dick, and that was that.

I'll be the first to admit that you are generally helpful to newbies and don't grief. I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about pretty much the rest of the pickup regulars. Everyone from cloud, to spoon, to killu, vinnytheboss, etc., has griefed newbies. We have ff.pickup logs going back a year, where people talk about how they're going to Talos or OT to grief noobs.

I don't think you're a griefer or anything like that, I just think you act like a downs-ridden child and defend the pickup community when *clearly* they're a bunch of immature idiots who destroy the community. Churchmouth ruined pickups routinely when I played, and he abuses his power as an op. Aside from exo's micspamming incident, I don't think you guys are griefers, you're just a pair of muppets.

Quote:
The point is this: Bridget and Genghistron continually misquote and misleed this forum about myself and the pickup community. I'll agree that there's a couple people in the pickup community who give everyone else a bad name, myself or CHURCHMOUTH are not those players.
Here is where you're pants-on-fire wrong. Perhaps not *every single soul* in the pickup community are bad, but the vast majority are. We've either banned, or have logs, on 90%+ of the 'regulars' of the pickup scene. Talos is a harmless little server, and we do absolutely nothing (Unlike other servers) to garner the amount of hate that we do get (from the pickup regulars). I know I speak for myself and the rest of the Talos admins, that it leaves a sour taste in our mouths when we've done nothing to get the amount of trouble and hate directed towards our server as we do.

Quote:
The pickup players are generally better than the pub players so it's easy for the pickup community and the pub community to talk shit to each other.
This is just pointless conjecture. We have had several pickup regulars on our roster, and still do, to this day. We have had many people in our clan who were pickup-level players. By no means is there some rivalry between us and the pickup community because of skill. That is just a fantasy in your mind.

Quote:
I'd gladly help new players out, I've done it in the past with the e0: boys. And with {FYC} - I was an officer of the group, and was about nothing except helping newb out and having fun. At {FYC}'s prime, we had over 30 members. Tell me how many newbs I've griefed again... I want names.

So yeah, dont gimme that shit about how I bash on newbs and ruin their FF experience... I always join the weaker team. Me Griefing newbs is simply a boldfaced lie.
I never said you specifically grief noobs. It's called context. I'm almost always making a generalization when I talk about pickup players griefing noobs.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #46
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

And chef, I'm willing to lay aside our differences. I've already pretty much stopped attacking you, and only respond to your attacks on me. All you have to do is stop baselessly attacking me and making passive-aggressive comments, and we'll be on perfectly neutral grounds. I've already met you halfway, you just have to agree. Same with churchmouth.

I don't really have much of a problem with you guys, just petty differences and squabbles we had in IRC (The trivia drama comes to mind), but other than that, it's just pointless BS at this point.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #47
Lynus
I like Ceyx
Beta Tester

Dude Im fine with meeting you half way - ALL I'm asking is for you to stop blaming everything on the pickup channel. I understand if you have a problem with a few of us, but dont generalize the whole pickup community because of some shit a few people did.

I welcome you and anyone that plays on TALOS server to play pickups if you want.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:30 PM   #48
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

When the vast majority of the pickup channel makes our lives more difficult, it's hard to find *anything* redeeming about them or their associates.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #49
Lynus
I like Ceyx
Beta Tester

The whole pickup vs pub thing has to stop though... both are great options for people who want to enjoy FF, if you have a problem with a pickup player, take it out on them... not the whole pickup community. Ban them for a week or two or months if they need it.

I do however find it hard to believe killu deserves to be perma banned.

Last edited by Lynus; 01-01-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Lynus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #50
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier D
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
i dont ruin pickups i promote pickups. i gather the players together nightly for our ritual. i always play as a captains as per everyone's request even if i don't want to. i dont grief any newbs ur lying about me also. dont talk about shit u know nothing about genghis faggot
CHURCHMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #51
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Funny, you left multiple pickups I played in because you raged. The pickups then fell apart. Tell me how that isn't ruining pickups?

Old 01-01-2011, 10:04 PM   #52
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier D
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
you are lying simple as that or someone was aliasing as me.

Last edited by CHURCHMOUTH; 01-01-2011 at 10:05 PM.
CHURCHMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #53
Lynus
I like Ceyx
Beta Tester

demo or it didnt happen.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #54
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Genghis, FFPickup.com says you've played a total of ~9 pickups with Exo, all of which were a year or more ago. Pretty good memory you've got.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #55
GambiT
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Spy
Affiliations: -=DoM=-
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
entirely to much for me to read, so i skimmed through and would like to say a view things.

Quote:
The whole pickup vs pub thing has to stop though... both are great options for people who want to enjoy FF

!!!!EXACTLY!!!! every game has a competitive side and a "just want to play the game" side. me personally, i like to go in a fight, anybody here who has played with me will tell you i play just about every class during every map, and i more often than not could give a shit less about caps. i just like to play the game. but it gets annoying even for me to stand there and have a scout conc in my base grab the flag and conc out within seconds.

as far as pickuper's(?) causing trouble in the servers, i honestly can't say i've seen this, a few of you that i know are actually very helpful with newbs which is a GOOD thing. BUT, what i have seen is not so much intentionally trying to ruin every bodies fun as it is playing the game at a higher skill level and a faster pace than newer guy/gals can handle and it puts them off. you can not be faulted for it, and i'm not saying you should be. it just goes back my thought that this game is geared more for competitive players and as such it is easier for them to bhop and ramp slide or whatever thus in my opinion creating a huge unbalance b/w newer players and regular players.

theres my ramble, i'm sure alot of ppl are going to tear into it soooo, i'll check back later
--------------------------FF_Civibash_G(Released)------------------------
-------------------FF_Conc_G1(WIP)--------------------
-------------------FF_Hollow_G(WIP)---------------------
GambiT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2011, 12:02 AM   #56
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek. View Post
Genghis, FFPickup.com says you've played a total of ~9 pickups with Exo, all of which were a year or more ago. Pretty good memory you've got.
Really, cuz, I just counted each one from that link, and there's at least 17 that I count. I also seriously doubt that your script counts the amount of times that I was subbed and played, as well. And yes, I specifically remember Exo leaving a game because the teams were stacked unfairly in the other team's favor. I know it was Exo because someone was saying in some ventrilo channel that spoon invited me to that, 'Dan just ragequit'.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:48 AM   #57
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Fair enough. I can say, though, that out of all the pickups exo has played, I can count the number of times he's ruined them on one hand. Not saying it hasn't happened, but it is pretty rare.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington

Last edited by squeek.; 01-02-2011 at 01:49 AM.
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2011, 05:34 AM   #58
Gwarsbane
Slayer of humans
D&A Member

Class/Position: I'm an Offensive Defensive person
Gametype: Fortress Forever
Affiliations: I'm a merc, only thing that talks is money
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Thanks for the lift Gambit, my comment at you wasn't anything personal and glad u didn't take it that way.

There are a few people in here that will disagree with anything a pickup player says... I for one like pub servers just as much as pickups, but they have to be populated and have the maps and right tools in place to teach morons a lesson(a permanent ban isn't the solution... maybe a 3 strike rule?)

Basically all I'm asking for is a proper RTV system as well as active nonheartless admins to maintain the integrity and keep the map rotation fresh and clean.

Kids are going to play this game, in pubs and in pickups. Kids also think its cool to swear or find it funny to ruin the game for someone in any way they can. Is it right, no but they should get a couple warnings before a full fledged permaban. We need these kids and these newbs for the overall health of the game, regardless if we're mature or not.

I dont like being a douche on here but it seems like without making a big deal about something, shit doesn't get heard by anyone. I just feel like the public servers suck and need improving. As much as I wish it was, it's just not as simple as forking up $10/month and saying:

"Well that popular server sucks, and im banned from the other popular server(along with a lot of other people who want to play FF) so I'm just going to buy my own public server and hope that people play it..."
OT doesn't permanently ban on their first infraction except for racist words. And even then, they will still give you a chance to explain yourself on their forums. I've seen people get banned by accident because the filter picked up something that was typed in innocents as something that is not allowed. they usually remove that ban as soon as its brought to their attention.

Everything else has lots and lots of warming. Heck they go further then your 3 strikes, its more like 6 or 7 strikes. 2 or 3 warnings (get slayed and told why) a kick or 2 the next time it happens, a temp ban (I think its for an hour or 24 hours or so, I can't remember) and then if you come back and do it again after you have the ban tag on, you're gone for good, though they still give you a chance to explain yourself on their forums. Heck if you don't get banned I've seen people smack up against the swear filter a number of times over a week.

If its over the mic they give you lots of warnings also.

There are many regulars here that have come up against the OT rules many times and are still playing there. Some have been banned, talked to OT and have been allowed to come back.

It would be nice if people stopped spreading false information about OT. Its crap like that that can turn people away from the community.

I've never had a problem there myself. Course I don't feel the need some people seem to do to swear up a storm or use racist crap. This is the main reason why I don't like the other servers, until recently Talos hasn't had rules and allowed all the racist crap to go on. I've heard that they now have some rules, not sure what they are as I still have no interest in going there.

And like was mentioned, if people are banned from all the servers, then those people have some major problems and need to really get looked at, specially if servers that allowed racist crap to go on ban them for stuff.
Gwarsbane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #59
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarsbane View Post
OT doesn't permanently ban on their first infraction except for racist words. And even then, they will still give you a chance to explain yourself on their forums.

It would be nice if people stopped spreading false information about OT. Its crap like that that can turn people away from the community.
Thats not true at all I was banned with no warnings no nothing and i know a lot of dudes that happened the same, so dont say bullshit tbh.

About pickups yes they here fun before but now not really, before you would play with a lot of diferent dudes some here better then you others here worst, and you would play with a lot of diferent dudes so it was fun and dinamic, nowadays you play 24/7 with the same dudes that got better and better and no new dudes to pwn : P

But Ctf pub isnt fun at all the majority of time so : p

Last edited by zE; 01-02-2011 at 12:02 PM.
zE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #60
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
It's really easy not to get ban from OT,I'm a vulgar mother fucker, but yet I'm not ban from the server. Yes, I slip up sometimes, ask gwar, dirty bastard.
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote