Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 12:43 PM   #1
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
ff_dev_2fort

Ok I was wondering if the devs would give me permission to run ff_dev_2fort. I found out it was a stolen from the beta testing so won't run it with out permission. I am running ff_blis_2fort and ff_TwisteDfort_smallb2 both fine maps but still not 2fort. So what do ya say since the damage is out there all ready Can I Run Your Map?

Old 10-15-2007, 08:40 PM   #2
Coronius
Alcoholic Artist

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
its not like theyre going to ban you.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:18 PM   #3
yfni_

please don't. It's ugly as hell...people will join it because it's 2fort and get the wrong impression

Old 10-15-2007, 09:27 PM   #4
Stankyfingers
Kalikop

Send a message via Yahoo to Stankyfingers
and yet the few servers that do have it are full..alot...when people are actually playing.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:43 PM   #5
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

I won't run it just out of respect for the dev team unless they say it's cool.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:59 AM   #6
richard nixon

it's still a fun map even though it hasnt changed. I also notice that people who suck and play that map a lot, eventually get better. I recommend it as a map to play until you learn the more advanced aspects of the game. It's really easy to conc in the map and it's kinda small and the water entrance makes it not very difficult to get to the flag room.

But a new 2fort (not blis) would be great.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:57 PM   #7
karnage
Forum Lurker Extreme

the guy who made blis 2fort did an awesome job. only problem i have with the map is that i feel like i'm playing in a public restroom.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:23 PM   #8
GambiT
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Spy
Affiliations: -=DoM=-
personally i love the dev 2fort. it may be plain but its still nice. i enjoy playing on it, although its not on our server for the same reason that its not on yours.
--------------------------FF_Civibash_G(Released)------------------------
-------------------FF_Conc_G1(WIP)--------------------
-------------------FF_Hollow_G(WIP)---------------------

Old 10-16-2007, 05:18 PM   #9
Poo Puppet

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnage
the guy who made blis 2fort did an awesome job. only problem i have with the map is that i feel like i'm playing in a public restroom.
Good impression. That's pretty much how i feel. It feels so constricting, like the rooms are too small for some reason.Scale is off?

Old 10-16-2007, 05:47 PM   #10
Stankyfingers
Kalikop

have a whole community of people waiting for us to remake original tfc hunted with no extras(turned alot of people off for some reason).they pile into dev_2fort,and all the old school tfc people I speak to want original maps ported over. New maps are great and a couple do well but in the mean time give the people what they want and the player base will rise. Being stubborn about the situation and not porting over maps when a huge player base is sitting waiting for them(and bug fixes) is silly in my eyes. Just an original hunted map alone would bring a ton of people over.Build it and they will come....(so we are lol).

Old 10-16-2007, 07:50 PM   #11
CatzEyes93
Black Mesa Voice Actor

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
build 2fort in mirror please. enter the front door and go left to get to ramp room instead of right. etc.

(I know... this is the 5th time I have brought this up... but I really want it )

Old 10-16-2007, 08:55 PM   #12
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
2fort is one of those maps that is so bad that everyone enjoys it. The bland, rectangular look coupled with redundant and overplayed boringness makes me not join any server with 2fort being played.

I'd much rather see some new maps.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:28 PM   #13
Poo Puppet

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge
2fort is one of those maps that is so bad that everyone enjoys it. The bland, rectangular look coupled with redundant and overplayed boringness makes me not join any server with 2fort being played.

I'd much rather see some new maps.
I agree, I've had my fill of 2fort anyway. I'll vomit if I play one more game featuring 2fort in it. Oh wait... i did in TF2... yawn.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:56 PM   #14
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzEyes93
build 2fort in mirror please. enter the front door and go left to get to ramp room instead of right. etc.

(I know... this is the 5th time I have brought this up... but I really want it )

That would confuse the hell outa me then my head would asplode!
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 10-17-2007, 03:57 AM   #15
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

I still want four forts all with the same design of 2fort. Red and Green and Blue and Yellow.

I've seen some 4 fort maps but none of them are what I have in mind

Old 10-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #16
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Playing dev_2fort is just... meh. I've played that map in TFC since the beginning and I don't understand the infatuation with it. Bridge spam FTW I guess.

I really wish more server admins would keep it off their servers if only to encourage more diverse maps being played across the mod.

It's been leaked and there isn't anything the devs can do, or would do if they wanted to, its just sad that the map that took the least effort to make is the most popular. All the work everyone put in to their FF maps and dev_2fort is still the call of the day.

How much would you wager that if someone ported all the TFC maps, that they'd be played over the FF maps? Mapping efforts go for naught, why even encourage new maps if that's the future, just playing the same old ones for the next few years.

You are a pirate!

Old 10-17-2007, 02:03 PM   #17
Stankyfingers
Kalikop

If thats what it takes to get a decent player base to work off of do it!! Right now things are acking.Our server was full everyday at first ,now both sit empty for the most part.Seems like less and less people everyday.Got to do some thing or it wont matter how nice the new maps are.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:52 PM   #18
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

Well technically they could in the next patch release ff_dev_2fort as a copy of ff_2fort (place holder). That would eh...pretty much destroy the map. Of course there would be some little bastard that renamed his. /me shrug

Old 10-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #19
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Playing dev_2fort is just... meh. I've played that map in TFC since the beginning and I don't understand the infatuation with it. Bridge spam FTW I guess.

I really wish more server admins would keep it off their servers if only to encourage more diverse maps being played across the mod.

It's been leaked and there isn't anything the devs can do, or would do if they wanted to, its just sad that the map that took the least effort to make is the most popular. All the work everyone put in to their FF maps and dev_2fort is still the call of the day.

How much would you wager that if someone ported all the TFC maps, that they'd be played over the FF maps? Mapping efforts go for naught, why even encourage new maps if that's the future, just playing the same old ones for the next few years.
I agree with stanky fingers... If the people want 2fort, or whatever map is popular, then make it so. Make it more important than other maps in the making. Seriously, 2fort will always be a fun map, despite the nade spam. I know that's why it wasn't released on release day... Nade spam can and will be controlled by the admins of each specific server... It should not be controlled by the devs who automatically assume it will be a huge problem. Noone can forsee the future like that.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 10-17-2007, 07:34 PM   #20
CatzEyes93
Black Mesa Voice Actor

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
all this talking about it makes me want to play it now...

Closed Thread