Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 12-25-2007, 04:11 AM   #1
3NiGmA

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
UB3R FOUL UP

The game stayed amazingly true to the original TFC...except for one small thing...WHO THE HELL decided it would be a good idea to allow the spy to cap an SG (sentrygun)???!!!! It's hard enough to defend the flag without worrying about my own SG's taking me down. It's NOT TFC...if you wanted to make a NEW game that is one thing...but this, you can't just add random shit to an amazing recreation and call it Team Fortress...you throw the whole damned thing out of balance...if you were going to do that you should have gone ahead and implemented the old NeoTF addons...but now its unbalanced...and I have been a devoted TFC player for years...and Sad to say...im deleting this from my computer until I see some sort of balance to this SG capping BS done.

Otherwise, good job, good luck, and good bye. Merry Christmas.

Old 12-25-2007, 04:17 AM   #2
Hayes

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Ok, well, a lot of people want new things in their games. Besides, it's easy to spot a spy and detonate your SG or shoot him.

It's easy.

If you see someone standing next to your SG and they seem really out of place, kill them. There are plenty of people that handle spies just fine, if you don't like having to worry about them, try another class.
Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2007, 06:17 AM   #3
Agent Buckshot Moose
Wiki Standards Team
Wiki Team

Class/Position: Sniper/Demoman
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: :e0: Co-leader
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3NiGmA
The game stayed amazingly true to the original TFC...except for one small thing...WHO THE HELL decided it would be a good idea to allow the spy to cap an SG (sentrygun)???!!!! It's hard enough to defend the flag without worrying about my own SG's taking me down. It's NOT TFC...if you wanted to make a NEW game that is one thing...but this, you can't just add random shit to an amazing recreation and call it Team Fortress...you throw the whole damned thing out of balance...if you were going to do that you should have gone ahead and implemented the old NeoTF addons...but now its unbalanced...and I have been a devoted TFC player for years...and Sad to say...im deleting this from my computer until I see some sort of balance to this SG capping BS done.

It takes like 5+ seconds to sabotage an SG. Damage interrupts it. Poke him with your wrench.

Edit: Better yet blast him with a shotgun.
Agent Buckshot Moose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2007, 06:34 AM   #4
Hawk Eye
Who the fuck is this guy?
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: O Preferred
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: [AE] Asseaters
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
I thought we were making fun of Uber in this thread.

Ontopic: QQ.
Hawk Eye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2007, 07:36 AM   #5
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Affiliations: None
wtf? Do you want all your games the exact same thing for everything? That would be pretty boring. i guess your going to hate patch 2.0!
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2007, 10:52 AM   #6
StatisticZ
My title is... Custom.

Apparently, you missed the million posts where they stated this is not a TFC remake, thus it has differences from TFC. It's the same spirit of Team Fortress, but it's their twist. I doubt they're gonna change this, cuz you're the first person I've seen at least to complain about SG's being sabotaged.
StatisticZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2007, 03:54 PM   #7
Jimyd
[]< ,,\/_ ^_~ _\/,, >[]

It's not sabotage it's sabertaging. PFFFT.
Jimyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2007, 04:30 PM   #8
EquilibriuM
G9-
D&A Member

Class/Position: D Solly,Engy
Gametype: ALL
ROFL! Who the heck are you? First time anyone EVER complained about the sabotage i mean seriously the way you spoke you are a long time tfc player am i right? Well if so if you still cant spot a spy then its time for you to play a diffrent class then NG. You are the weakest link goodbye!

Old 12-25-2007, 05:58 PM   #9
C-Aim
Better than Never

Quote:
It's NOT TFC...if you wanted to make a NEW game that is one thing...but this, you can't just add random shit to an amazing recreation and call it Team Fortress...
Well then it's a good thing they didn't call it Team Fortress.
C-Aim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #10
Hawk Eye
Who the fuck is this guy?
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: O Preferred
Affiliations: [AE] Asseaters
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Funny, but I don't think he will ever return to give us any information on WHY the spy sabotage ruins the game for him other than it make the game "out of balance".
Hawk Eye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2007, 09:03 PM   #11
pF
no war but class war
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Soldier / Scout
Gametype: ctf
Affiliations: [w~k!]
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
I honestly don't think the spy's sabotage option is a threat to anyone, really.
pF is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2007, 03:26 AM   #12
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Eye
I thought we were making fun of Uber in this thread.
Me too...

Old 12-26-2007, 04:16 PM   #13
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Eye
Funny, but I don't think he will ever return to give us any information on WHY the spy sabotage ruins the game for him other than it make the game "out of balance".
Of course not. He wanted to bitch. He probably just got off a server where he was pwned and needed to cry about it. Otherwise he would stick around to read the explanations as to why it is in fact balanced.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2007, 04:21 PM   #14
Vicious
Nothing left to believe in

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and he may be reading the responses to it, just not signed in.

Be nice to the n00bs, they are our future...
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2007, 08:55 PM   #15
CatzEyes93
Black Mesa Voice Actor

there are some non noobs that think it is stupid too. Assume nothing.
CatzEyes93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2007, 09:19 PM   #16
GambiT
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Spy
Affiliations: -=DoM=-
no need to criticize him, hes entitled to his own opinions, instead of being mean to him, explain to him why hes wrong, help him to see this is NOT an exact remake of TFC and nobody ever said it was.

maybe he didnt know that damage disrupts a sabotage? now he does, maybe he changed his view.

as of now do you think any of you have made him think "well, let me try it one more time", hell no, hes thinking "screw them f**kers, i aint palying that shit no more". NOOBs, as much as we like to pick on them, are in fact the future of FF(as most of us are to), HELP them, dont discourage them.
--------------------------FF_Civibash_G(Released)------------------------
-------------------FF_Conc_G1(WIP)--------------------
-------------------FF_Hollow_G(WIP)---------------------
GambiT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2007, 11:19 PM   #17
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Send a message via Yahoo to 4est
Damn.... Gambit took his meds

Old 12-27-2007, 10:38 AM   #18
[MsA]Nova.no

Quote:

I think it's a great idea. Not really a problem in clanmatches where you have an agreement within the team that only you get to stand next to the sg. With good comms this should be pretty straightforward.

I agree that it can be very problematic for the engy in public games, but it is also problematic when you have 4 engies and sg's on one team in public games, which i've seen a lot. The sabotage is a great solution for those situations as you have a bunch of engies running around and it's very easy to cause confusion and chaos disguised as one. An improvement from the way it was in TFC in my opinion.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:00 PM   #19
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
Quote:
Originally Posted by GambiT
no need to criticize him, hes entitled to his own opinions, instead of being mean to him, explain to him why hes wrong, help him to see this is NOT an exact remake of TFC and nobody ever said it was.

maybe he didnt know that damage disrupts a sabotage? now he does, maybe he changed his view.

as of now do you think any of you have made him think "well, let me try it one more time", hell no, hes thinking "screw them f**kers, i aint palying that shit no more". NOOBs, as much as we like to pick on them, are in fact the future of FF(as most of us are to), HELP them, dont discourage them.

The bigger problem isn't that he's a newb or anything. I mean hey, I welcome new players. The problem is that he's publically swearing off the game and demonstrating no intent to sway his opinion. He's not looking for different strategies or anything. He wants us to change the feautre, and wont return until we do.

This guy was going to think "Screw them f**kers" no matter what or if anyone said anything. He was thinking it before he even wrote it. Look at the language, the sentece sctructure and other things that I can use to BS my point across.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-27-2007, 07:56 PM   #20
battery
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GambiT

GambiT, I like your good intention. You are attempting to change a person's view by providing reasons. A very elegant approach...if it works.

You may disagree with me on this. But let me tell you one important thing I learn from going thru high school in America:

Don't always try to convince people with reasoning, because, more often than not, there is a better alternative. Evoking emotions from your audience is far more effective. Realize that most people are just like animals. They live solely on their emotions: love, hate, pride, respect, vanity. Their "morals" and "beliefs" are usually based on shallow feelings, or peer pressure. Reason? Logic? Pffff, they don't have time for that. The consequence is they seldom question their own beliefs. As long as it feels good, they care less whether their beliefs actually make good sense. Politicians are capable to swaying public opinions becuase they know how to manipulate emotions.

I don't know if 3nigma is this type of person. But before attempting to reason with him, I'd rather find out what kind of tactics he is receptive to. Perhaps he is a typical teenager, who will listen to anything you say as long as he likes you. But may be he is the kind of guy who is usually very logical and open to different perspectives. I don't know. But this is something that you should find out before doing anything else.
________
CHRISTIANITY FORUM

Last edited by battery; 03-31-2011 at 11:30 AM.
battery is offline   Reply With Quote