Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 01-25-2007, 05:52 PM   #1
o_yazmo

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
i got a question about grenade radius

hey guy i know im going to piss some of ya but i just trying to make this game as the best it could be.

i realy think the nade radius should be the same, i hear some ppl saying the dev team gonna reduce it.

let me explain why i think it should remain like that.
the primary reason is beacause aimboter gonna have a perfect hit, all the time even with a less radius, and ppl who are not cheating gonna more difficulty to hit there oponnent. this the the best thing that make non cheater be able to kill a cheater.

Realy i know ppl will say there no cheater like that in tfc.
blablabalabllalaalba and i would say to you guy your realy dumb thinking there is not cheater in tfc, i post a lot of post about anti-cheat ect... and i am a way far from being a newbies and i can make the difference. from what i have seen in the movie and screenie FF look awesome.
i just want to play fait clan match and make this game fun as it should be

dont get me wrong this game as been the best fps till now but cheat destroy the fun at it.
o_yazmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2007, 05:55 PM   #2
o_lithium

Your post hurts my eyes , but i have read it , and the grenade radius is getting shortened because it will actually take some skills to nade someone.
o_lithium is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2007, 06:14 PM   #3
o_skanky butterpuss

unless there are hacks that successfully time the grenade based on distance while tracking the person via aimbot, i dont think this makes a difference...
o_skanky butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2007, 06:21 PM   #4
o_etzell

When I saw that you had made this thead, Yazmo, I thought: "I bet it's because he thinks that it has something to do with hacking." Sadly, I was right. NOT EVERYONE HACKS, FOR FUCK'S SAKE!
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2007, 06:42 PM   #5
o_qui

Yeah coz throwing grenades accurately is an increadibly difficult skill to master and some would resort to cheating, rather than taking the 10 minutes required to learn.
o_qui is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2007, 07:14 PM   #6
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
The idea of an aimbot for anything that's not hitscan strikes me as extremely odd. One designed for grenades doubly so. But it's yazmo, so... I guess it's to be expected.

You need to take it easy, guy.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:36 PM   #7
o_gambit

am i the only one who got a headache trying to translate his post?
o_gambit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2007, 08:51 PM   #8
PHISH
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
the primary reason is beacause aimboter gonna have a perfect hit, all the time even with a less radius
Thats absolutely incorrect, human players are vastly superior at predicting the dynamic movement of opposing players. A computer's prediction is reduced to extrapolating where the enemy will be at release based on the direction of travel and velocity of a "target", but since noone travels in a perfectly straight line in combat 9 times out of 10 it'll be less accurate than a moderately experienced player...Same goes for rockets.
PHISH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2007, 08:58 PM   #9
o_nodnarb

aimbots+steambans=heaven
o_nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2007, 09:11 PM   #10
o_d3pth charge

Good idea yazmo! Let's design the entire game around how to play WITH cheaters, instead of say, trying to prevent cheating!

Let's just remove guns from the game all together, that way no aimbotter will be able to kill us!
o_d3pth charge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2007, 09:40 PM   #11
o_own3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3pth Charge
Good idea yazmo! Let's design the entire game around how to play WITH cheaters, instead of say, trying to prevent cheating!

Let's just remove guns from the game all together, that way no aimbotter will be able to kill us!
If a mapper could disable weapons damaging other players on conc maps for example I think it would be a very good thing to implement however in non skill maps i would agree.
o_own3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2007, 09:43 PM   #12
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3pth Charge

....or hitscan ones anyway!

yeah, the shotguns are now grapeshot nail cannons!

Old 01-25-2007, 09:49 PM   #13
o_ihmhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazmo (Translated courtesy of Ihmhi)

Hello good fellows. I am aware that I might "step on some toes" (so to speak), but my following comments are just my way of trying to make this game live up to its potential.

I strongly believe that the grenade radius should not be changed from its current size. (I have heard that the dev team is going to reduce it.)

Please allow me to elaborate. Primarily, I believe that a reduced grenade radius will give an unfair advantage to an aimbotter who will be able to land the grenade perfectly; meanwhile, a player who is not cheating will have a more difficult time being able to compete with such an opponent.

I am sure that some of you will say that there are no cheaters in TFC, but I think it would be a mistake to say that. I post a lot about VAC so I know that there are people who cheat in TFC. I would like to add that I am an experienced player and I love how the screenshots and video look.

Please do not misinterpret my suggestion as a sign of dislike for this game; I believe TFC is the best first person shooter until now but I am worried that cheats will ruin the fun.
That is about the most sense I can make of it...
o_ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2007, 11:29 PM   #14
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Hahaha, I actually read ^ that version.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2007, 01:24 AM   #15
o_skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Hahaha, I actually read ^ that version.
So did I, tried to read the original, stopped @ the second line
o_skull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2007, 02:15 AM   #16
o_aftershock

Quote:
i got a question about grenade radius
This should be locked for false advertising - there is no question !
o_aftershock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2007, 02:20 AM   #17
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHISH
Thats absolutely incorrect, human players are vastly superior at predicting the dynamic movement of opposing players. A computer's prediction is reduced to extrapolating where the enemy will be at release based on the direction of travel and velocity of a "target", but since noone travels in a perfectly straight line in combat 9 times out of 10 it'll be less accurate than a moderately experienced player...Same goes for rockets.
Reminds me of Tribes. At least the version that was on PS2. The auto-aim sucked ass and apparently couldn't be turned off.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:47 AM   #18
o_paft

How can you ask this.

It would be most disappointing if grenades were not fixed. I get fed up a lot when playing TFC because of the radius and damage problem. It's a good job this has been resolved compared to TFC. Hopefully people will use grenades less because again currently in TF/C there is far too much grenade fling-age simply because they are too affective and effortless.
o_paft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2007, 05:40 AM   #19
o_nezumi

Just 'cause you're a grenade noob doesn't mean you need to be hatin' on them paft.

edit: Not that I'm specifically against the radius reduction
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2007, 05:46 AM   #20
o_tu!

i like how you faggots make fun of his english...english isn't even my 1st language and i get what he is saying perfectly fine.
o_tu! is offline   Reply With Quote