Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
daghmor

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
FF ISN'T TFC

God only know how many times I've said this, and this is the last time you'll hear it.
I started playing FF Because it was sapose to be a really pretty Ver. of TFC not TF2. At least thats what I was told. WELL FF IS NOT TFC BECAUSE THE DEVS WONT STOP TAKING ADVISE FROM PPL WHO WANT TO MAKE THERE CLASS BETTER WHILE CRIPPLEING THE CLASSES THEY HATE. I know im not alone when I say TFC wasn't broke and FF isn't a fix for TFC. TFC was the greatest game for 10 years and everybody loved it. Devs get your heads out of your asses. Take FF back to TFC...FF wont last 10 years as it is.

Old 11-17-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
Annoying people since 1986

Class/Position: O fatty, pyro - D engy, pyro
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: This space for rent.
Send a message via MSN to פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
Dude...

Old 11-17-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
leilei
o^_^o

Class/Position: O
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Cry more

it's just a mod

made by a community of people

in their spare time

for free

TFC is made by assimilated borg.

Old 11-17-2007, 02:59 PM   #4
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
FF is fine, it's the attitudes of community members like YOU who are ruining it. It's a different game, IT IS NOT MEANT TO BE TFC!

FUCKING GOD, WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT!? FF ISN'T TFC? OH FUCKMEINTHEASSHOLE JESUS!

Now I'll stop communicating on your level and up myself a bit. The dev team designed FF to take elements from past Fortress mods and combine them for a new Fortress game. It's been out for what, two months? They had small scale beta testing for a long time, but only so much can be done. You can consider this a beta, as they're actually LISTENING to the community and fixing things that need to be fixed.

And by listening to the community, I mean listening to players who don't have their heads stuck up their asses.

If this was TFC, it would be TFC:S, or have a very similar name due to copyright reasons. It's not TFC, it's FF.

First infraction! Flaming!

Old 11-17-2007, 03:20 PM   #5
DoC
I M HW

Just what exactly are you complaining about? What have the developers changed (and not fixed) from listening to people who want to cripple a class? Just curious why you are yelling, lol.

Old 11-17-2007, 03:23 PM   #6
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by daghmor
TFC wasn't broke
-nail exploit
-MIRV exploit
-various server crashing exploits
-no dispenser info on screen for Engy

And that's just what immediately comes to mind. Right, TFC was absolutely perfect.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.

Old 11-17-2007, 03:27 PM   #7
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

And for the record, FF isn't perfect either, nor do we wish to imply that. That's why the devs are working their asses off on patches, even if some of them are as DrEvil said: "Joined at the penis with TF2."

Old 11-17-2007, 05:42 PM   #8
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

LOL CUZ TYPING IN ALL CAPS GETS UR POINT ACROSS BETTER! AMIRITE?!

Come on man, chill out...We all know FF isn't TFC...nor is FF a version of TFC on the source engine. Guess what, the Devs PLANNED IT that way, and because it ISN'T TFC, the devs, who took time out of their lives, to make a FREE MOD for you can change whatever the hell they want. That's right, it's their mod, not yours. Oh but I know! Let's post a new thread bashing the mod and the devs because THAT is gonna help bring people in, and THAT will have your opinion heard. Go play TFC, this community will survive without people like you.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:45 PM   #9
shadow
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmhi
-nail exploit
-MIRV exploit
-various server crashing exploits
-no dispenser info on screen for Engy

And that's just what immediately comes to mind. Right, TFC was absolutely perfect.
ah the cool spy/med/med server crash thing.
wow that was fun!

I wish ff was more like tfc in two respects:
bhop comes back
sidestabs come back

Old 11-17-2007, 05:49 PM   #10
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabeggar
LOL CUZ TYPING IN ALL CAPS GETS UR POINT ACROSS BETTER! AMIRITE?!

Come on man, chill out...We all know FF isn't TFC...nor is FF a version of TFC on the source engine. Guess what, the Devs PLANNED IT that way, and because it ISN'T TFC, the devs, who took time out of their lives, to make a FREE MOD for you can change whatever the hell they want. That's right, it's their mod, not yours. Oh but I know! Let's post a new thread bashing the mod and the devs because THAT is gonna help bring people in, and THAT will have your opinion heard. Go play TFC, this community will survive without people like you.
not with that thinking, ruta.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:55 PM   #11
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

With what thinking? I think I would prefer to see people doing their best to promote the game then complain about how FF isn't like a game that was around for 10 years. I think we all wanted a change, if you can't handle the change, then stick to TFC, no one is keeping you here. Would I like for people to stick around and give this mod a chance? Sure, we all would, but you can't please everyone, especially a select handful of people that have graced these forums.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:58 PM   #12
Foxtrick

I actually think FF have stood their ground very well over issues. It may seem like they took a backward step with the 1.1 patch when they quickly released a patch to fix the HW. However was definately a 'must' thing anyway :P

Old 11-17-2007, 06:05 PM   #13
micron08

DOGS AREN'T CATS

Old 11-17-2007, 06:08 PM   #14
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
CATS AREN'T CHEEZEBURGERS

but they can has them.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:09 PM   #15
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

But can they has DEEZ CHEEZEBURGERS?

Old 11-17-2007, 06:17 PM   #16
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Personally I really enjoy fucking with people telling this and that just to piss them off. But those of us who frequent these forums and post regularly are actually representing the FF community. So even I have toned shit down became more noob friendly and instead of telling people to take it the way it is or get the fuck on down the road. Try to help them understand a bit better and maybe ask them not to bash the mod if it's not what they want or make constructive posts in the Idea and Suggestions forum. People read posts like this and just go fuck this guy he's an idiot. I should know because until I changed my posting style thats how I was treated. We all need to help the less knowing if we want FF game community to grow.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:24 PM   #17
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82694
Personally I really enjoy fucking with people telling this and that just to piss them off. But those of us who frequent these forums and post regularly are actually representing the FF community. So even I have toned shit down became more noob friendly and instead of telling people to take it the way it is or get the fuck on down the road. Try to help them understand a bit better and maybe ask them not to bash the mod if it's not what they want or make constructive posts in the Idea and Suggestions forum. People read posts like this and just go fuck this guy he's an idiot. I should know because until I changed my posting style thats how I was treated. We all need to help the less knowing if we want FF game community to grow.

I agree with being noob friendly, we need noobs. But there's a difference between being noob and being ignorant. I really don't think that some of the people who post crap like this are noobs, just frustrated fan boy's who aren't getting what they want. The community since release has been a revolving door of people playing and leaving, posting constructively and destructively. Constructive criticism is one thing, I've seen some really constructive posts that didn't necessarily agree with some of the aspects of the game, but I've also seen some pretty "OMG WHAT DID YOU DO?! YOU CHANGED A 10 YEAR OLD GAME INTO SOMETHING DIFFERENT?!!!111oneone" posts.

I think people don't understand that this game wasn't made to be TFC:S. It's FF. Made by an unpaid, under-appreciated Dev team, for the abandoned masses. This game is free, it has more potential than any mod I've had the pleasure of playing, and to show your ass on the forums because it's different, isn't helping anyone.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:42 PM   #18
barronofhellion

i like ff

Old 11-17-2007, 06:45 PM   #19
Skillet

Hi rutabear!

Old 11-17-2007, 06:46 PM   #20
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
FF ISN'T TFC? OH FUCKMEINTHEASSHOLE JESUS!
hahahaha QFT!

But seriously(omg R U FOR SERIOUS!? /disc FF), FF is obviously it's own mod, and while people bitch about they way they think it should be, the DEV's aren't just looking at those 1 or 2 people for answers on how to improve the game. I'm sure they try to look at everyone's opinion about it, and hopefully come to a happy medium so not too many people get pissed from the changes.

I can think of at least 100 changes I'd like to see done to FF, most that are only for me personally, but a select few that'd make the game better for the FF players as a whole, but I'm not going to sit here bitching and nit picking about every damn thing I can think of to make it better.

The truth is, the DEV's have lives, and they're not getting paid $.01 to make this mod. all they get is the satisfaction that they actually made a kick ass mod, and by people like YOU having a temper tantrum, it probably makes the DEV's not only not want to listen to you, but have a bit more of negative attitude towards many more people who'd like the mod updated.

So thank you for being a dick, have a nice day.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Closed Thread