Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 10-30-2006, 05:31 AM   #21
trepid_jesse
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Wait wait, I think they're makin' some good points. Cause, see, there's other things going on that you're ignoring.

Trepid, what?
trepid_jesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-2006, 08:47 PM   #22
o_kbomb

Jon - I think the problem many posters in this thread are having is that they are not cruel, horrible people - therefore they cannot find your video funny.
o_kbomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-2006, 08:52 PM   #23
o_backstaber

That wasn't funny at at all. That was fucked up.
o_backstaber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-2006, 10:40 PM   #24
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepid_jon
Money is what homeless people need more than anything...
to buy drugs.

Old 10-31-2006, 04:12 AM   #25
o_bumgravy

Quote:
Yeah, alright...cause killing a person isn't nearly as bad as stomping on a cake and then paying for it and a lot more. "You stomped on that homeless guy's cake and then gave him a lot of money and other stuff, but I'm going to pulverize your face for the cake part cause I'm better than you." Okay...that makes sense.
Your missing the moral issue here, or are you trying to say that this kind of action is morally acceptable? If Opie didnt pay him off afterwards, would it still be funny? The youtube link you posted (which was the only one you posted, pre-edit) didnt mention anything about how this man was to be "compensated".

Just because this guy is homeless does not mean he is sub-human and can be treated as you wish. This socially is a very dangerous way to think. If i smashed Opies face in then payed for the plastic surgery to have his cheekbones reshaped and teeth glued back in, ad gave him a whack of money on top so i didnt feel too bad about it, would this still be morally acceptable? It sure wouldnt be legally acceptable. Sorry judge I gave him loads of money its cool... The physical and mental pain from such an attack would still be there.

The smashing someones car metaphor is directly comparable, in the way that this cake was the ONLY thing this guy had in his tiny world, perhaps the only thing he actually cared about! Just because it seems insignificant to you or me, does not mean that this guy might not be severely mentally scarred. I would go so far to say that maybe he still has nightmares about that day because of what that cake meant to him, is that far-fetched? Am I wrong?

I know I've been going on about this, and on a lesser forum I'd just get replies saying "cry" to my posts, but this is an important moral issue to me and I am very interested how someone can morally justify this kind of action, because I find it frustratingly hard to believe how someone can actually find this funny, or acceptable.
o_bumgravy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2006, 04:34 AM   #26
o_geokill----->

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
So fucked up....
o_geokill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2006, 07:28 AM   #27
o_skanky butterpuss

honestly jon...

thanks for the link! that has me laughing still. and what is keeping the laughter going is all these people all up in arms because the poor homeless man doesnt have his cake anymore, but instead has enough moneyto buy 100 cakes. but i suppose he has emotional attachment to that cake and all...
o_skanky butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2006, 10:43 AM   #28
trepid_jon
Ray Ray Johnson
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Civilian
Gametype: Rocket Jousting
Affiliations: EAFD
Posts Rated Helpful 78 Times
Send a message via ICQ to trepid_jon Send a message via AIM to trepid_jon
Yeah Bum, I'd still find it funny even if he didn't get money for his cake being smashed. I was laughing at it long before I knew about the good things that happened to him afterwards.

The thing about money is that people usually don't press charges or seek revenge if you make them happy after you screwed them over, either by paying them off or whatever.

And see, the difference between having a cake smashed and getting money afterwards, having your face destroyed and getting surgery and money afterwards, or having your car destroyed and getting money afterwards...is that the cake is just a cake. Your face being destroyed enough to require surgery...even with the plastic surgery, your face will never be the same for the rest of your life. And destroying a car would most likely cause problems with insurance and other legal trouble. A cake is just a cake, though. But still, in all three of those scenarios, enough money or other gifts can almost always make the victim happy enough to forgive and forget. That's just the way it is.

Like when my parents, brother, and sister got in a car wreck in Maine last year. Instead of physically going after the drunken mess of a woman that caused the wreck and their injuries, they're just wanting money.

Because enough money or whatever can help make up for certain bad things that happened to you. Not murder or other serious crimes, but simple problems can pretty much always be solved with money or some other kind of peaceful gift.

So when it comes to just a cake being smashed, I'll always find it funny. And in this case, I'll find it even more funny because it's just a stupid homeless guy's cake and a lot of good jokes were made about it afterwards.
trepid_jon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2006, 11:02 AM   #29
o_coldy

I read all the replies, I was set up to catch myself laughing. Usually I laugh at cruel shit like this, but all I could think was, that blonde cunt is an asshole. And then they throw money in his face to make everything okay. Faggots.
o_coldy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2006, 01:11 PM   #30
o_kbomb

Quote:
I was laughing at it long before I knew about the good things that happened to him afterwards.
Of course you were, you're a scumbag just like Opie.
o_kbomb is offline   Reply With Quote