Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 04-24-2008, 09:26 PM   #8001
Doompiggy
Banned

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
Hmmmm, you might be right.... but isn't this you? If so, I don't think your in-game criticisms are helping the issue.

Scuzzy
Get out with your stupid ass ban list.
Doompiggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2008, 09:26 PM   #8002
VinnytheBoss
Boss 4 all da rite reasons

Class/Position: O scout/med D sol/demo
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Founder of the Goodfellas.
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
who gives a fuck about curses.....what are we 12
VinnytheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2008, 09:40 PM   #8003
Ginger Lord
Retired FF Staff

Affiliations: Custard
Send a message via MSN to Ginger Lord
Vinny and Doom knock off the attitude.
Ginger Lord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2008, 10:12 PM   #8004
richard nixon

I seriously doubt horrible admins is contributing even a little bit to FF's demise. At the very least the lack of players (not because of admins) combined with bad admins/few servers is just making it worse since if for example only one server with people in it and a shitty admin then...you know.

FF is fun and everything but it's not as accessible as TF2 (btw before people call it a newbs game I will say that old saying, that it's easy to play but difficult to master). So it's frustrating for people like me and many others who aren't TFC/TF veterans.

Most people care about graphics these day too and I've been in many FF pubs where newbies will join and bash the graphics. I never judge a game solely on it's graphics but I guess I understand what they mean. Some (or maybe most) PC gamers put a lot of time/money into their rig and due to the high quality visuals of many popular games, such as TF2, it's just disappointing. FF's graphics aren't bad really, but the whole atmosphere just feels uninspired. Bland colours, lighting, lacks the quirkiness of even TFC..and certainly TF2. The class unique melee weapons ties in well with the weirdness of TF2 as well. You're near lunacy if you would prefer a crowbar over the best melee weapon ever, the BONESAW.

There's also bugs and balance issues that make it not as fun for some people. For me it's nearly impossible to kill an SG without being a spy or if the SG is far away. Mostly due to the push back and the large amount of health they seem to have. In TF2 if you have the backup of a medic you can pop some stickys and get it as long as it's unattended. Or if you have the uber-charge you can take it out with a heavy.

The maps are one of FF's saving grace in my opinion. Of course they have gotten tiresome for most of us who've played them to death but in general I prefer the old school type gameplay of dustbowl instead of TF2s style. The maps don't have character (compared to the trainyard inspired well and barnyard style 2fort) but they are really fun to play and that's what really matters.

If FF had a large player base, more 24/7 servers..custom map servers and rotation servers, more unique features (love the jump pad), and less elitist admins, especially in those clan rule pubs with their Nazi attitude, I would play this game a lot more and probably others as well. Even with the current version. I played this game so much until the hwguy nerf and before that was balanced out the player base wasn't as large as it was and then I stopped, got sucked in by TF2 and that's that. But I do know many people are aware of FF. Every TF2 game where I have been bored and asked people if they tried FF there were at least 3 people who have heard of it if not tried it. Some people would ask about it and I would say to google it but I would bet that only 1 of the 20 people I pimped FF to actually played it and kept playing it (being generous there).

I still find myself waiting on the new patch. I'm excited and I hope it's worth the wait.
richard nixon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2008, 11:46 PM   #8005
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTiger
who cares Scuzzy? you ban everyone from your server. That's why no one plays there where abusive admins exists. Admins like you also contribute to FF's demise.
If you really believe that someone's going to give up FF because we don't want them calling other people n*gg*rs on our server, well, they must not have been that invested in the game to begin with. We're bringing a different type of player to the game and giving them an environment they appreciate. It isn't for everyone, but since we're filled most nights it seems to be working for our target audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnytheBoss
who gives a fuck about curses.....what are we 12
It wasn't the swearing, it was the fact that he's deriding the rest of you for treating newbies like shit and blaming you for FF's demise when he himself telling people "likc my penis you insuboridinate bitch" and "cry more man, i haven't said shit". You can act that way if you want, but don't blame other people for destroying the FF community for doing it. I'm defending YOU, not slapping him around.

Scuzzy

Old 04-25-2008, 12:09 AM   #8006
truplaya

Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
this is not going where i wanted...

this topic is not about rick ross, stupid server swearing/banning bs, or any other immature bs, talk about things related to ff losing steam, and solutions/ideas for this issue.
truplaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2008, 12:14 AM   #8007
Doompiggy
Banned

Quote:
It isn't for everyone, but since we're filled most nights it seems to be working for our target audience.
Too bad most of us here can't play on your servers because of some stupid reason... Like your feud with TrojanMan/Muchez/ESAD... Stupid reason to ban anyone that has ever worn the [ESAD] tag...

Old 04-25-2008, 12:19 AM   #8008
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
If you really believe that someone's going to give up FF because we don't want them calling other people n*gg*rs on our server, well, they must not have been that invested in the game to begin with. We're bringing a different type of player to the game and giving them an environment they appreciate. It isn't for everyone, but since we're filled most nights it seems to be working for our target audience.

It wasn't the swearing, it was the fact that he's deriding the rest of you for treating newbies like shit and blaming you for FF's demise when he himself telling people "likc my penis you insuboridinate bitch" and "cry more man, i haven't said shit". You can act that way if you want, but don't blame other people for destroying the FF community for doing it. I'm defending YOU, not slapping him around.

Scuzzy
and banning people for typos uch as falg and not a typo i know, but wtf why would you ban for saying "sexy" i have no idea. scuzzy dont carry shit on. as ginger said kill the attditude, which i guess you think you're an expection to.
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2008, 12:22 AM   #8009
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times

If the game didn't have 42 people playing it then your banning of people who say words that you find bad wouldn't be a big deal.

The problem is, though, that there are 42 people playing the game. You also state that your server gets filled just about every night. These two combined is an issue.

Your server holds 22 players. That's, about, half of the community right there. The other 20 or so players are league players, most who hang out in #ff.pickup. That is where the issue lies. You're banning people from playing on your server; the only player that people seem to play on. Every time you ban someone from your server you are, effectively, removing a large chunk of the player base.

Can you imagine the outrage if 1/42nd of TF2/CS:S/CoD4/whatever of the players couldn't play on the most popular servers? Well, no, there wouldn't be any outrage because that 1/42nd of the player base doesn't consist of one player. Those players could easily populate, probably, over a hundred servers with ease.

In FF that 1/42nd of the player base can easily fill one, maybe even two player slots! OH THE FUN! Except that's not fun at all.

But that's not really accurate, though. A lot of the leaguers don't go into pubs. So, really, you're removing an even larger chunk of the player base from ever playing in a decently sized game.

In reality, bad administration is one of the biggest reasons why people quit things. MMO's are a testament to this. Banning people from saying words you don't like is, probably, one of the top no-no's of administration, ESPECIALLY in a game that revolves around the mindless and senseless murdering of Soldiers, Medics, and Civilians.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2008, 12:24 AM   #8010
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Whine about Scuzzy's server elsewhere. Like, in a blog or something.

Next offtopic post gets banned. That's so fun to say!

I'm a bad administrator.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:30 AM   #8011
greenday5494
D&A Member

anyways, back on the topic at hand, i think FF needs an ad capaign and a training mode the most. it also needs balance patches.

Last edited by Ginger Lord; 04-25-2008 at 10:51 AM.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:31 AM   #8012
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
Whine about Scuzzy's server elsewhere. Like, in a blog or something.

Next offtopic post gets banned. That's so fun to say!

I'm a bad administrator.
It's very much in topic as it relates to FF and it's current state of distress, which is also mentioned in the first post of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truplaya
During the weekdays its very hard to find a pub during the day before 4 o clock, unless you want to play on the euro pubs or pickup. Weekends are better but still are lackluster population wise compared to other games. Theres 1-3 pubs to play on max, given theres a lot of people on. People, be the first one to join your favorite empty server with a good map running, and hell wait for 10 minutes get shit crackin/more people to join.
One of the reasons for a lackluster population is because of bad administration on one of the three pubs that gets played on.

I dunno, seems pretty relevant and on topic to me .

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2008, 12:49 AM   #8013
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
I'm saying, quit jumping Scuzzy's case. There ARE other servers - if he bans the entire FF playerbase, they can go somewhere else. I've never even been to Scuzzy's server and I get by just fine, so putting a large margin of the blame on him is pointless.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:41 AM   #8014
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
scuzzy really had no reason to bring that shit in here anyway...
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2008, 03:25 AM   #8015
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanky Butterpuss
scuzzy really had no reason to bring that shit in here anyway...
He brought up the mistreatment of players as one of the reasons that FF is dying, and blaming the league clans and their attitude towards newbie players as a prime example. I think showing that he's acted in this way to players is as on topic as you can get. Again, it's not about his ban on our server for racism, it's his attitude towards the players.

Not specifically to Skanky:

On a side note, there were plenty of people here that bitched and whined about our policies when we were TFC. From the [o-t] perspective we agreed to disagree. Many others decided it would be fun, a rite of passage, what have you, to get banned from our servers after FF came out... but now somehow we're to blame that you can't play on our server? First it's "you have a lame server and no one wants to play there." Then it's "your server is lame because I can't play there and it has half the community." Maybe that half the community wants to avoid people like those that are banned. Maybe that's why we are a popular server. I'm not saying our server is better, but we have a market. We have a demographic that we target because it's who we like to play with. You don't like that, I get it. You don't like that you don't fit that model, fine. Don't take your intolerance out on us. You have the equal opportunity to target your own market:

If everyone of you always went to the same exact server you'd have the same exact community environment. TRY IT. You'll see that building a community isn't that hard. It takes work to keep your people happy and from fighting and causing trouble sometimes, but fork out the cash for a server, make some guidelines, and agree to play there and only there. Players will follow you. Step up for once.

Scuzzy

Old 04-25-2008, 03:29 AM   #8016
Suite307

I hear the Lockertron-2000 engaging.
Suite307 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2008, 04:19 AM   #8017
greenday5494
D&A Member

outcry to mods: please delete posts that are irrelvant to topic. including my rickroll.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:21 AM   #8018
Doompiggy
Banned

Quote:
Maybe that half the community wants to avoid people like those that are banned.
What about those people who got banned for nothing? LIKE ME! You're keeping me out of the "fun" on your server because of something ONE FUCKING PERSON DID AND I HAD NO PART IN. So now I'm stuck playing by myself in an empty server because I got banned from the "popular" server for no damn reason.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:44 AM   #8019
tu!

when old ppl attack!!! dumb rule servers get created!!!
tu! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2008, 06:58 AM   #8020
richard nixon

You guys want some fucking midol drama queens? Quit bashing on Scuzzy. It's his server he can do whatever he wants with it. If you don't like it, you know you are welcome to get the fuck out.

The only time I have ever been hassled by an admin in FF is because of the clan rule public servers where I openly defied them just out of spite and general douche bagged-ness. If he doesn't want to hear some shit or deal with people, as the owner, he has the right to kick/ban/whatever. And I bet he has a really good reason for doing what he does other than what he already noted here.

I've never even been to his server, but this kind of inane immature babble is frustrating. And he's just defending himself when all you guys are doing is being completely hostile and negative. It doesn't matter if you have a reason to be, we are all at the age of maturity where such silly matters would better be suited to a different way. But Personally if what Scuzzy says is true, I would prefer not to play with those people he said he got rid of.

tl;dr: suck it up you pansies and go somewhere else. There are plenty servers. As been said before even if they are empty, jump in and I bet other people will follow eventually.
richard nixon is offline   Reply With Quote