Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > Server/Player Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #41
elwood
el duke.

Class/Position: spy evryfring & med.
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Clever name and if you feel the need to really name it that of all names, so be it. Everyone is entitled to what they want if you put forth the $$. If naming the server attempting of a bash towards Scuzzy i am sure he will just brush it off to the side. Plus, if this is some form of "revenge" because you and others got banned from his server, grow up haha.

Truth, there are more servers arising from the latest 2.4 patch, but how many will remain up and for how long? o-t servers have been running publicly non-stop since day 1 of the initial release (september 12, 2007). They are a reliable public server for the community; just don't get banned Hopefully these new server owners stick it out and more to come too. However, all good things do come to an end, sadly.

Thank you Scuzzy for clearing up the hidden truth. I knew you and the o-t family were a HUGE part in the finances for Fortress-Forever. Thank you for helping this game in a major part. So guy, Scuzzy and whoever from their community that help with that monthly have every right to do what they want. Simple as that.

Just follow their strict rules when playing on their servers. Easy as pie. I like to swear and have "mature fun", but i follow their guidelines and advise others to follow suite. It's not that hard to control yourself unless your Ricey Again, I am not a huge fan of their rules, but i abide by them.

Last edited by elwood; 10-05-2009 at 06:04 PM. Reason: adding to the topic loLz!

Old 10-05-2009, 06:03 PM   #42
chaunbot
r.A.p.3.D.

Affiliations: r.A.p.3.D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy View Post
I agree completely. There's a bill for $130 coming up to pay for the FF forums licensing and website hosting. Are you willing to contribute to that? How about the $159 per month server fee The Old Timers clan pays for which we use to backup the forums, the website, all of the mysql databases, the SVN, we provide a link between the forums for the SVN to insure a secure beta team, and multiple development servers all free of charge? We develop webpages, links, and systems for the development team of this mod. We provide an environment that normally wouldn't exist, one that can bring individuals from a different demographic to this mod, which frankly, is growing. We work very hard to provide that environment for their gaming needs.

Do you know why?

Because it pays for everything we contribute to this mod. They pay the fucking bill. A few of us have convinced the larger community that this mod has value and must be supported financially and with tangible assets.

Now, here's the kicker: We ask for nothing in return. Not one damn thing. We've never asked for a feature. We've never asked for any preferential treatment from the development team what so ever. We've never even asked for one clan members to be allowed in the beta. They apply on their own and they have to get in on their own merits. We just want to make the game succeed because we like it. That's it.

Nothing you do will change our commitment to this mod. Nothing you do will change our minds that it's worth supporting.

All you and your friends like to do is tear things down. You like to whine and bitch about this or that, but you do nothing constructive. Grow up. Contribute in a positive way. You want to show that we aren't supporting the mod? No problem, nut-up and out contribute us.

What we aren't going to do is change our families environment to suit your play-style goals. We don't have to. There are plenty of places you can play without putting so much time and effort into attacking us. If following your leader Bridget who wants the right to go around with the name "niggerkike" is so important to you we just don't speak the same language. So, if you want to continue to put your efforts into tearing down our playerbase, you have that right, but you're only hurting the mod. You're certainly not contributing to it.

If that's true we'd love to hear why they joined a group where that's the intent of being in a group where that's the underlying goal. Be careful what you ask and sign-up for. They know where the unban page is.

Scuzzy

I'm sure since webhosting is such a burden on the pocketbook that you can find many people to offer hosting. I have a godaddy account i dont use and i have a colocated server i can offer up if the FF community needs it. Maybe it would be cost effective to convert over to an opensource CVS? It sounds like o-t is overwhelmed with the community duties i can host the backups of the database, i can host the forums what ever ff needs i will do what i can.

Last edited by chaunbot; 10-05-2009 at 06:05 PM.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:03 PM   #43
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood View Post
Thank you Scuzzy for clearing up the hidden truth. I knew you and the o-t family were a HUGE part in the finances for Fortress-Forever. Thank you for helping this game in a major part.

Just follow their strict rules when playing on their servers. Easy as pie. I like to swear and have mature fun, but i follow their guidelines and advise others to follow suite. It's not that hard to control yourself unless your Ricey
I have been dubbed Dr.Ricey the son of Dr.House ;D
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014

Old 10-05-2009, 06:06 PM   #44
wakka

Class/Position: top
Gametype: pwning caroline in bed
so wait....

people were banned from the o-t server just because they joined a steam group?

HA

Old 10-05-2009, 06:20 PM   #45
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakka View Post
so wait....

people were banned from the o-t server just because they joined a steam group?

HA
The steam group was for " people banned from [o-t]. if they weren't banned they most likely are now so the could full fill the group requirement. Some people get these great Idea's and don't think of any repercussions because they think they are the center of the universe and should be able to do what ever the hell they want.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #46
chaunbot
r.A.p.3.D.

Affiliations: r.A.p.3.D

so pretty much o-t's rules extend all over the internet and probably in real life. so dont talk bad about them in emails, cell phone conversations, mc donalds you never know who the guy behind the counter is. government take over in the process.. kinda ironic scuzzys avator .

truly yours .r.A.p.3.d

Old 10-05-2009, 06:46 PM   #47
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

This thread is done. If you want to talk about your server fine start a new thread but keep it on topic and leave [o-t] out of it.

The reason for locking is this thread is no longer about your server it turned into a attack [o-t] thread. Take it to a different forum.

Last edited by [AE] 82694; 10-05-2009 at 06:47 PM.

Closed Thread