Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 10-10-2007, 11:00 PM   #1
DarK_TaO
Mapper ^^

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via ICQ to DarK_TaO Send a message via MSN to DarK_TaO
Thanks to FF Developers.

I've been reading all this posts all over the forum, like "FF is dying" or stuff. And I really think, you guys aren't being graceful enough with the FF Staff.

I really think you should at least say thanks, because I'm sure it's really disappointing to enter to your OWN forum, to watch only critics from your game, and just try to make what people wants. But we all know that's not possible, people want a lot of stuff. So at least, say thanks to them.

So, I say thanks to you guys, that made this mod possible, to keep TF alive, and fans with a game to play FOR FREE

Say thanks to the FF staff, and tell them what you like!
DarK_TaO is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 11:04 PM   #2
richard nixon

I agree.

Thank you FF Development Team.
richard nixon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2007, 11:46 PM   #3
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Yeah this mod is amazing. I think the "FF is dying" threads mainly exist because a lot of people are afraid of that happening and want to prevent it. Only a jackass would announce it just to rub it in that the numbers could be better.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2007, 03:47 AM   #4
XBlank

Well yes THANKS of course but you can't just put the game out there and leave it to hearsay to make it happen.

Aside from the timing of the release which I felt was very inopportune, the development team has taken no measure to officially promote the game through anything other than hearsay. Frankly, I played TFC as a league player, and I'd like to do the same with FF, but if there's only going to be 6-7 clans in the leagues I'm not going to bother.

You can give me all this "you're responsible for telling people!" crap all you want but until the official site has some form of donation system to help start an official effort to make this game as mainstream as some people seem to think it should be, it's simply not going to happen. Nobody knows about this game, and it's going to be very hard to get people to play it without an official and widespread promotional effort because there's nobody playing it right now. I'm sure many WOULD if they knew it existed and knew it was free, but as of now that's not happening, and that is my main gripe.
XBlank is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2007, 04:17 AM   #5
Surrealistik

Incredible mod guys. Keep up the good work. For what it's worth, I find FF clearly superior to TF2 which is in its own right a highly enjoyable game.
Surrealistik is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2007, 04:49 AM   #6
Icculus
D&A Member

Having played Halflife Deathmatch from the beginning and then TFC when it first came out, pre lag-compensation patch, pre steam, ETC (remember the lag dot for snipers?), I have been looking forward to Fortress Forever ever since it's announcement and I have to say every single time I launch the game a smile crosses my face and my heart beat goes up a bit. I LOVE THIS MOD!! I bought the Orange box early for the whopping 5 dollar discount thinking that i'd at least give TF2 a try since it's been through so many changes over the years plus I played HL2 and Episode 1 and have been highly anticipating episode 2. (BTW, Episode 2 rocks so far!) but TF2 left me feeling like.. WTF is this? It's a cartoon! This is supposed to be the successor to TFC? Um.. well I guess it's a good try and all but really I just don't get the same feeling I do when I launch FF. Everyone says TF2 has awesome graphics and it's fun to play and all but.. umm... well.. the SG's are cool looking. Other than that I just don't see the appeal.

Fortress Forever rocks and you guys did an awesome job on it! Sure there are some bugs but I see from the change log for 1.1 that all of the most annoying bugs are being addressed and it's clear that there is a great team of professionals working on it and i'm sure that it will be more and more polished in the days to come.

And for all the Nay-Sayers crying "FF is DEAD!", you know you'll keep coming back because FF is a mod for the ages and it will never die!!

Fortress Forever.. Forever!!!!

-Icculus
Icculus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2007, 05:24 AM   #7
Tinker

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I'll throw in my thanks too.

I did not follow this game before release, I had barely even heard of it. I stumbled across the site on release day (Thanks something awful forums ^_^) and figured I'd give it a try since TFC was my first online fps experience at 14 years old. I was overjoyed to find a fresh new look on one of my favorite games.

I know there are bugs, but having been through Day of Defeat beta 1.1, Natural Selection 1.0, and Dystopia beta 1, and Zombie Master I know it's not about the bugs it's the Dev response that matters. I look forward to playing through the growth of this amazing mod!

Thanks Fortress Team!

Old 10-11-2007, 07:27 AM   #8
be_

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
http://fortress-forever.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=11246

Devs can have as many thank you threads as they like but just showing you this in case you didn't know. I already said ty there, but wth I can say ty again.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
be_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2007, 08:02 AM   #9
Nurdbot

Awesome work, such a Mod even got some praise from the TF2 guys too and PC Gamer at the same time.

Smoothest Mod release for a multiplayer SOURCE Mod ever btw.

Pat yourselves on the back guys.
Nurdbot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2007, 05:13 PM   #10
BlisTer
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBlank
... Frankly, I played TFC as a league player, and I'd like to do the same with FF, but if there's only going to be 6-7 clans in the leagues I'm not going to bother.
ff.pmtfcl has 30+ clans already.

As for promotion, yes more is better. I think the best result/effort ratio would be to keep nagging the valve guys to put it on the steam news and in the browser.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:22 PM   #11
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
GO SPREAD THE WORD
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2007, 07:14 PM   #12
Boogieman117
FF Server Op / Beta Tester

Send a message via ICQ to Boogieman117 Send a message via AIM to Boogieman117 Send a message via MSN to Boogieman117 Send a message via Yahoo to Boogieman117
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494
GO SPREAD THE WORD
Spread this at the notebookreview.com board. Hope we get some bites from there.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/show...09#post2558809
Quote:
Hey all,

Fortress Forever was created by members of the TFC community who designed FF to be a evolution from the original TFC mod from HL1. It's been in development for the past 2 years and released about the same time as the beta for TF2 was.

I know that the commotion over the Orange Box w/ TF2 is starting to get to a fever pitch, and the FF community and its player base is starting to reel from it, so if you want to take a break from TF2/Portal and get back to more TFC-esque gameplay with a modern look, look this way.

I can't say enough about it, so I'll let the game speak for itself.

Media/Screenshots: http://www.fortress-forever.com/?a=media
Dustbowl Valley Promo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RC0AVfuWvY
Boogieman117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2007, 07:47 PM   #13
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
I have to contribute to this thread!

Thank you guys, you have made the game I have played since Quake mod even better and you didn't butcher anything enough to fuck it up. You guys rock that's it that's all. Everything you have done so far is perfect (minor patches and such excepted). I never expected TF2 or FF to be able to pull me away from TFC, but you guys did it. I have played FF more then I did TFC and that's saying a lot b/c I literally played TFC everynight all night for years. I can't wait to get home and play FF everyday it truly is a master piece and I don't have any complaints about how you guys acted, what you nerfed, and what you added. And you guys blow TF2 out of the water! I have met old friends on FF that I thought I would never play with again and have joined back up with clans that I thought were gone for good. You guys have done an excellent job and the fact that you did it just out of love of the game makes it that much better. I couldn't imagine how much time and effort you guys contributed to the making of this mod but it shows and is appreciated!

Now we just have to promote the hell out of this and really get something going!
Dr.Satan is offline   Reply With Quote