Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds

Old 06-22-2011, 04:22 AM   #41
Peppas

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
man, I was about to story tell yall my OT experience that was not written in a degrading way. (freedom of speech) Ricey commanded me no! And I told him remember where you come from! He said Hell! I said was it hot? OH.....
Peppas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2011, 04:33 AM   #42
Trailer
[Caleb]
Beta Tester

Class/Position: O Scout, D demo and Engy
Gametype: Attack / Defend
Affiliations: -nZ [LAW] *TG* M|M TRISPIRAL (Back in the TFC days)
Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian View Post
this thread is about Trailer's server. R> Mod delete all off topic posts in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
Also, any more talk of OT will end in this thread being closed and an infraction. Keep it to the PMs if you want to dock your penises together.

END OF STORY.
THANK YOU!
You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Trailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2011, 04:49 AM   #43
Trailer
[Caleb]
Beta Tester

Seriously, Siscos. I'm willing to unban you if you are willing to not be a llama. and whatever your intentions were by repeated class switching, it does lag the hell out of a server when you change classes over and over non-stop.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #44
mentalERROR
[DGAF]

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Gotta luv FF
mentalERROR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #45
Atreuce
Tiny Asian Penis Man
Beta Tester

Class/Position: D - Engy/Demo
Gametype: CTF/AvD
Affiliations: rQ
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Send a message via AIM to Atreuce Send a message via Yahoo to Atreuce Send a message via Skype™ to Atreuce
If you want certain stats/rules/class limits/llamas/etc on your servers.. then pay for it yourself before you start bitching about someone trying to at least offer a better place for the community.

It's a video game... we're not going to censor people for being retarded or ricey would've already been gone. If you get butthurt over words such as the N word or other random curse words... then online gaming probably isn't for you, unless you are surrounded by a group that will ban people for pretty much anything... and chances are - they are skillless jackasses that don't deserve to play as is.

Servers going down July 4th until the 13th anyway. So flame on!

And for fucks sake... if either myself or trailer isn't on (we do live in the same house) don't pitch a bitch! Our power has gone out 3 times in the last week for 5+ hours every time... and one time for 2, almost 3 days.

P.P.S - I love Ricey... and bridget. You make me squeeel.
Atreuce is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #46
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreuce View Post
If you want certain stats/rules/class limits/llamas/etc on your servers.. then pay for it yourself before you start bitching about someone trying to at least offer a better place for the community.

It's a video game... we're not going to censor people for being retarded or ricey would've already been gone. If you get butthurt over words such as the N word or other random curse words... then online gaming probably isn't for you, unless you are surrounded by a group that will ban people for pretty much anything... and chances are - they are skillless jackasses that don't deserve to play as is.

Servers going down July 4th until the 13th anyway. So flame on!

And for fucks sake... if either myself or trailer isn't on (we do live in the same house) don't pitch a bitch! Our power has gone out 3 times in the last week for 5+ hours every time... and one time for 2, almost 3 days.

P.P.S - I love Ricey... and bridget. You make me squeeel.
Well written -- But I feel as though there are some missed points.

Keep in mind that a better place is a place in which everyone agrees on something. A sense of dictatorship in this game hasn't seemed to make it's way too far from the benchmark's that most server providers hope to raise. In my opinion, if you're going to be a baddie in Trailers, you best find a limit to your madness, because you'll be dealt with in a heartbeat if you dare overdue it. The server will be well maintained, but not overzealous. As long as you come to play and not destroy that for others, then I don't think there'd be a problem. (And when I said "Destroy that for others" that doesn't include the self-centered "play my way and not for my team," kind of way -- although that is frowned upon. I mean if you camp a spawn, or hold the flag, or spam continuous wav's and the majority doesn't want/like to hear it.. You'll be dealt with.)

Off Subject:

O-T - "strict" rules, but mostly good people. A lot of the O-T Players actually don't mind slip ups. Rarely do they ever say anything. I mean I personally have never been banned there or kicked from anything rule breaking, and I fail to see where it's so hard to just go in and play the game. Even with my slip up's, it's not hard to apologize and get on with it. Also I think the term "Freedom of Speech," isn't accurate, no offense. The reason I'm saying this is because sure you can say whatever you want. That doesn't mean you won't get punched in the mouth.. Get me?.

If you come in to O-T and get banned it's because A) you're new and you don't know anything about O-T thus saying something like "Shit Nigger Taco" Will get you banned. Or B) You're an idiot, and deliberately go into the server (not to play) but to get banned just to fill your time with humor. ("haha, I got banned from O-T for saying Touch my poon Nigger, HAHAHA I'm awesome.," <-- You're fucking stupid.) I don't think it's about 'freedom' there. I think it's about fun with a mix of what the word "adult" really means to them. I mean if people want to dispute about how messed up O-T is, well then don't play there. And ignore its' existance. No one there is bothering you anyway lol...

On a last note, I'm not trying to flame anyone. This is just a general opinion on what it's actually like. I still play there, and don't mind playing there and picking on old people. I mean come on, how many of you actually toss a couple jokes at your gramps? I know I do. But that's just how cool my family is
User received an infraction for this post
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #47
Peppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by eomoyaff View Post

Off Subject:

O-T - "strict" rules, but mostly good people. A lot of the O-T Players actually don't mind slip ups. Rarely do they ever say anything. I mean I personally have never been banned there or kicked from anything rule breaking, and I fail to see where it's so hard to just go in and play the game. Even with my slip up's, it's not hard to apologize and get on with it. Also I think the term "Freedom of Speech," isn't accurate, no offense. The reason I'm saying this is because sure you can say whatever you want. That doesn't mean you won't get punched in the mouth.. Get me?.

If you come in to O-T and get banned it's because A) you're new and you don't know anything about O-T thus saying something like "Shit Nigger Taco" Will get you banned. Or B) You're an idiot, and deliberately go into the server (not to play) but to get banned just to fill your time with humor. ("haha, I got banned from O-T for saying Touch my poon Nigger, HAHAHA I'm awesome.," <-- You're fucking stupid.) I don't think it's about 'freedom' there. I think it's about fun with a mix of what the word "adult" really means to them. I mean if people want to dispute about how messed up O-T is, well then don't play there. And ignore its' existance. No one there is bothering you anyway lol...

On a last note, I'm not trying to flame anyone. This is just a general opinion on what it's actually like. I still play there, and don't mind playing there and picking on old people. I mean come on, how many of you actually toss a couple jokes at your gramps? I know I do. But that's just how cool my family is
Infraction! He talked about OT!!!!!!!! jk

Old 06-22-2011, 10:31 PM   #48
episkopos
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: anything but Sniper and Spy
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
I suggest creating a web page for the server, containing a mission statement, the rules, info on class restrictions, a list of mods installed, and a list of admins.
episkopos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2011, 01:17 AM   #49
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppas View Post
Infraction! He talked about OT!!!!!!!! jk
+1.
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #50
Atreuce
Tiny Asian Penis Man
Beta Tester

Send a message via AIM to Atreuce Send a message via Yahoo to Atreuce Send a message via Skype™ to Atreuce
Quote:
Originally Posted by eomoyaff View Post
In my opinion, if you're going to be a baddie in Trailers, you best find a limit to your madness, because you'll be dealt with in a heartbeat if you dare overdue it. The server will be well maintained, but not overzealous. As long as you come to play and not destroy that for others, then I don't think there'd be a problem. (And when I said "Destroy that for others" that doesn't include the self-centered "play my way and not for my team," kind of way -- although that is frowned upon. I mean if you camp a spawn, or hold the flag, or spam continuous wav's and the majority doesn't want/like to hear it.. You'll be dealt with.)
And that's how I personally intend on keeping it... and I'm pretty sure Trailer is in agreement with me - mainly cause I'm footing the bill.

I have nothing against OT, but in the same breath I know I say stupid shit from time to time, so I keep my distance from there.

We do have a webpage, though it's poorly done at the moment. It only has a forum, and I'm not smart enough to change anything on it. I want it to look like OT's in a sense that it has the server stats on the page with the forums.

Not that we need another set of forums to look at - I have them there for suggestion purposes at the moment.

trailer.site.nfoservers.com

Power went out AGAIN last night.. 11 hours this time for a 20 minute storm. We have more storms on the way, so there is no telling how long we'll be off. I fully intend on calling/emailing to bitch at the power company today... though it won't do much good.

Edit: If you happen to be genuinely interested in being an admin on the server - find me on steam so we can chat. I'd like to have some active admins, but I don't want power tripping nazis to ban everyone they feel is a dumbass/racist/etc.

Steam ID/AIM/Yahoo/Skype/??? = Atreuce

Last edited by Atreuce; 06-23-2011 at 12:11 PM. Reason: 8am. I'm still sleepy.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #51
Trailer
[Caleb]
Beta Tester

Playing on the server will help. Let us see what you are like, how you play, and what your personality is like.

Prove to us, that you are interested in making the Rage Quit server and guild a success.

Admin won't be granted on a "Hey I'm a good admin, you should make me one" basis.

You need credibility.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #52
FreaK367
Everyones favorite FreaK
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout, Engineer and Sniper
Posts Rated Helpful 17 Times
If you need any trainers I don't mind helping out, most of the time when new people join and ask for help (on any server) I walk them through things and tell them to spec me or come alongside me on my team and I go through bhopping, concing, tricks and tips on different maps, grenades, weapons, and I explain every class, the HUD and anything they want to know, or I feel would benefit them. I have some good stuff to show people with scout.

I'm currently trying to get Blacknight to bhop well
FreaK367 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2011, 08:00 PM   #53
Trailer
[Caleb]
Beta Tester

Any trainer / trainee is welcome to join, as long as they have a good attitude and don't flame noobs.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #54
FreaK367
Everyones favorite FreaK
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout, Engineer and Sniper
Posts Rated Helpful 17 Times
Have you got a Steam group?

It would be a good place to manage all of the guild members within steam, and list the trainers so trainees can add them and get personal training lessons. If I'm on my PC and on Steam, I'm most likely available to train.
FreaK367 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2011, 08:29 PM   #55
Trailer
[Caleb]
Beta Tester

Steam Group = http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ragequitguild

Website = www.trailer.site.nfoservers.com

Last edited by Trailer; 06-23-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #56
mentalERROR
[DGAF]

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
As a rep for [DGAF] just do as I did at one point and change your server name to match O-T's server name and you'll get all the noobs you need to train, that being said those that know me know I do everything in my power to help new players try to understand the game. Oh and get my jab in on O-T, btw make sure to change your name to match O-T names gets people faster.
mentalERROR is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:28 PM   #57
Peppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalERROR View Post
As a rep for [DGAF] just do as I did at one point and change your server name to match O-T's server name and you'll get all the noobs you need to train, that being said those that know me know I do everything in my power to help new players try to understand the game. Oh and get my jab in on O-T, btw make sure to change your name to match O-T names gets people faster.
I found this post helpful! ROFL

Old 06-25-2011, 12:40 AM   #58
Atreuce
Tiny Asian Penis Man
Beta Tester

We'll get right on that.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:10 PM   #59
Atreuce
Tiny Asian Penis Man
Beta Tester

Server now updated with 2.42.1 patch. Enjoy!

Tags
clan, guild, server, team, training