Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > FF Technical Support

Old 05-14-2010, 04:24 AM   #1
Yosh

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
FF does not appear on Game list!

Hello, i've just registered to post this problem! I didn't own any SDK based game, so I couldn't install FF. Now, the Portal game is free to download, which, as I understood from the games required to play FF, was enough since it's based on the Source Engine...
Well i've installed the game, restarted steam, restarted pc, reinstalled game in different directories and there's no way i can get to play FF.
The best i got was a flash to the main screen but some error about libraries missing. Can someone help meh?? Thank you!
Yosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2010, 04:36 AM   #2
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
Well if you got an error I suggest deleting the Fortress Forever folder. Then installing it again and checking your SourceMods folder which is in Steam/steamapps/SourceMods. It should have that folder and all the files should be intact. I also suggest checking under 'Tools' in the steam Library if you got Source SDK base from Portal. If neither works just wait for someone else's input.
"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN
moosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2010, 04:42 AM   #3
Crazycarl
D&A Member
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 31 Times
It might not support mods if you got it for free. Look at Steam, library, then Tools. If "Source SDK Base" is installed, you can play FF.
Crazycarl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2010, 07:15 AM   #4
Yosh

Gametype: Capture the Flag
oh well i don't have Source SDK base at the tools section... i guess the free game doesn't provide other mods
thanks for the replies!
Yosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #5
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
If you are mostly concerned in getting Source SDK tools so you can play mods, the cheapest way I know of currently is buying Day Of Defeat: Source for $9.99
http://store.steampowered.com/app/300/
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2010, 03:15 AM   #6
CREagle

Gametype: CP
Honestly, the Source SDK Base tool is not in the tool section which makes me wonder. I have the same problem. I did everything and it doesnt appear in the games list. And ive installed Source SDK Base before, but I wonder y it doesnt appear now. I also got Portal and it never started to install Source SDK Base when it was installing. So now what?
CREagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2010, 08:34 AM   #7
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

Have you bought a source game, or are you trying to play with only Portal as well?

Old 05-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #8
CREagle

Well the thing is, ive played Fortress Forever before and it automatically installs Source SDK Base before you are able to play it. But now, Source SDK Base is not in the tools section and FF is not in my Library. I got Portal, HL2: DM, and HL2: LC and those are a part of the Source engine right? So why isnt Source working, and why cant I play FF?

Old 05-16-2010, 05:08 PM   #9
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
You didn't tell us if you purchased a game or not,I think that's the main source of the problem. But seeing that you played Fortress Forever before I just don't know.
"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN
moosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #10
CREagle

Well yes, that could be a part of the problem. The trouble is, my original account was hijacked and cant play on it until Steam gets back to me. I had Source SDK Base installed on that account and now its not there. It troubles me.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #11
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREagle View Post
Well yes, that could be a part of the problem. The trouble is, my original account was hijacked and cant play on it until Steam gets back to me. I had Source SDK Base installed on that account and now its not there. It troubles me.
That's most likely your issue. Because it's a different account it probably doesn't have access to SDK Base.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:04 PM   #12
EquilibriuM
G9-
D&A Member

Class/Position: D Solly,Engy
Gametype: ALL
Quote:
Originally Posted by [AE] 82694 View Post
That's most likely your issue. Because it's a different account it probably doesn't have access to SDK Base.
That is exactly his problem just b/c he had sdk base on his stolen account, does not let you use it on a 2nd account, he would have to re-dl it pretty sure, and ofc he would need a game that includes sdk base. And again you can't install a game you had on your old account, unless you have another serial number for it, that you didn't use on your old account.

Last edited by EquilibriuM; 05-18-2010 at 03:07 PM.
EquilibriuM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2010, 10:36 PM   #13
CREagle

K well Steam got my acc back so nvm I have it now!!! THX!!!

Old 05-20-2010, 03:31 AM   #14
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

congrats dude