2nd. Two Steps From Hell - Dragon Rider
3rd. Two Steps From Hell - Love & loss
Credits. Goodbye Master from Infernal Affairs OST
ryu^ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2009, 10:07 PM   #82
Grandrobotmaster

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
thanks! these really fit well in the game! This made my day!

Last edited by Grandrobotmaster; 12-26-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Grandrobotmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2010, 12:08 AM   #83
be_

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
::bump::

This is a great, great vid. Only complaint is there was not anything to show for the pyro, and sniper was a quick snippet at the end. Everything was very good though, the quality, action, music, and words. This is "Official" worthy IMO.
be_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #84
Peon
Altitude Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Agressive Medic or Pyro...as long as I can fly baby!
Gametype: CTF
Quote:
Originally Posted by be_ View Post
This is a great, great vid. Only complaint is there was not anything to show for the pyro,
I feel bad I never commented on this vid, but yes.....it's a true work of awesomeness. And, I also wish there was a lot more Pyro footage.....and by a lot more I would mean 20-30 sec, 'cause he ain't in there for dick. I understand the Pyro is in some kind of offensive/defensive/anyfensive limbo when it comes to his purpose in the game, but for sure he's a shitload of fun to play.
Quote:
and sniper was a quick snippet at the end.
I understand this one too, seeing as the sniper's role is so simple and straight forward, but about 10-20 more seconds of him gibbing the crap out of other classes would be highly entertaining.
Quote:
Everything was very good though, the quality, action, music, and words. This is "Official" worthy IMO.
I've shown it to a lot of my friends and others, but I'm not sure how they felt about it. I'd say it ranged from "WOW! That looks fun!" to "Jesus Christ! I think I'm going to be sick!"

This MOD needs a reality show I think. GREAT VIDEO!!!
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”"
- George Carlin
Peon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2010, 05:49 PM   #85
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
I don't like the music in this video. Too soft and boring. Needs something that would hit the viewer more.
"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN

Last edited by moosh; 05-01-2010 at 05:49 PM.
moosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #86
DarkieJ

ryu^, Cant you make another movie? You can promote FF very good this way I liked it very mutch i have seen it many times
DarkieJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #87
ryu^
Fortress Forever Staff

^_^

one of the things i actually thought i got right was the music considering the number of requests i had for the song names.
ryu^ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #88
Peon
Altitude Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Agressive Medic or Pyro...as long as I can fly baby!
Gametype: CTF
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosh View Post
I don't like the music in this video. Too soft and boring. Needs something that would hit the viewer more.
Translation mode: The music needs to be more brainless and simple for the younger crowd, who spend all their money on video games, movies, and mp3 downloads. Please use any music with rap in it, epileptic techno, cheese metal, or death metal in the future.

My opinion: I wouldn't pay too much attention to this sentiment.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”"
- George Carlin
Peon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #89
Eon Seig
AaaaaaaTATATATATATATATA!

Class/Position: Pyro Scout Soldier / Offense
Gametype: CTF/AvD
Cheese metal? Ha, that's not a phrase I've seen before. It better not have anything to do with Motorhead, or I will seriously question your competence on that matter.

Last edited by Eon Seig; 05-16-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Eon Seig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #90
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
I would bet he means "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor", specifically.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2010, 12:11 PM   #91
DarkieJ

What programs did you use?
DarkieJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #92
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkieJ View Post
What programs did you use?
Things like these are usually displayed in the credits. He used After affects,3DS max,Virtual dub and Soundbooth.
"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN

Last edited by moosh; 03-02-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:12 PM   #93
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
and of course not to mention is guide to making FF movies

http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...ad.php?t=20364
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2010, 09:43 PM   #94
Dougmckenzie

simply incredible

It's been about 3 years now since i played my last tfc match with friends and moved on with my life. Recently, i've talked to old clanmates who I've stayed in touch with through the years. Thinking back on all the fun times we all had, i started thinking about that rumor I heard about, "some guys are actually redoing the whole game, you should check it out, it's called like fortress forever or something like that".

So here I am. It's honestly been so long I can't remember the name of most of the maps we use to league on. I had a thought today to check out that rumor that I had heard about, alas, i've found the FF site. I want to honestly tell you, i'm 40 years old, and the FF video (i'm seeing for the first time) has rekindled my need to pull out my rocket launcher, dust it off, and put it to use again. To the crew of FF for made this possible, I want to thank you for the chance to get back into my suit, load up my rockets, and get back to work.

You may be hearing from my wife though,.....and her diversity of curse words, saying that you've corrupted me back to the ways of yelling at my screen for hours on end. If I were you, and trust me, I'll be telling her the same thing, "There's a love for this game only the most diehard of players have, so you can honestly kiss...my...ass" Thanks a ton guys, and I hope to see you in game soon

John Lewis
clan CAMF
aka [CAMF]The_Butcher
Dougmckenzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2010, 10:23 PM   #95
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougmckenzie View Post
It's been about 3 years now since i played my last tfc match with friends and moved on with my life. Recently, i've talked to old clanmates who I've stayed in touch with through the years. Thinking back on all the fun times we all had, i started thinking about that rumor I heard about, "some guys are actually redoing the whole game, you should check it out, it's called like fortress forever or something like that".

So here I am. It's honestly been so long I can't remember the name of most of the maps we use to league on. I had a thought today to check out that rumor that I had heard about, alas, i've found the FF site. I want to honestly tell you, i'm 40 years old, and the FF video (i'm seeing for the first time) has rekindled my need to pull out my rocket launcher, dust it off, and put it to use again. To the crew of FF for made this possible, I want to thank you for the chance to get back into my suit, load up my rockets, and get back to work.

You may be hearing from my wife though,.....and her diversity of curse words, saying that you've corrupted me back to the ways of yelling at my screen for hours on end. If I were you, and trust me, I'll be telling her the same thing, "There's a love for this game only the most diehard of players have, so you can honestly kiss...my...ass" Thanks a ton guys, and I hope to see you in game soon

John Lewis
clan CAMF
aka [CAMF]The_Butcher
I read that in tears.

Welcome back,soldier.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:09 PM   #96
Dougmckenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosh View Post
I read that in tears.

Welcome back,soldier.
Trust me moosh, watching that video put me in tears. @Ryu, no matter what anyone tells you, I think the music is actually a crucial part of your compliation. Dragon Riders is a very festive tune, and pretty much sums up how I like to mop up the floor with medics and scouts
Dougmckenzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2010, 11:14 PM   #97
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
haha awesome
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2010, 12:09 AM   #98
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
I promote ryu as the official FF video maker.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2010, 07:31 PM   #99
absolute
VP Marketing
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via Skype™ to absolute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougmckenzie View Post

John Lewis
clan CAMF
aka [CAMF]The_Butcher
judging by the username, you're from canada (rock on)

and CAMF.. crazy-ass mo-fo's, no?

wow that brings me back... you might as well browse over at http://forums.thecatacombs.net as well.

Welcome back.

Last edited by absolute; 08-03-2010 at 07:32 PM.
absolute is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #100
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Reuploaded the video onto own3d.tv for people like me that can't view it on Youtube because they are dickheads with their copyright bullshit.

http://www.own3d.tv/video/80988/Fort...ever_The_Movie

Cheers to ryu^ for this awesome video.

Last edited by moosh; 03-02-2011 at 08:49 PM.