Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Fortress Media

Old 11-13-2007, 07:10 PM   #21
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Nanner my friend, people are frivolous, and because of their frivolity, someones work can't be appreciated fully. Videos are time consuming to make, regardless of the quality, my first video sucked because I had no idea what I was doing. Yours however is pretty good for an early try. Youtube sucks when it comes to video hosting though, especially for FF because the game is naturally dark, the quality of video Youtube provides hampers it. I think compressing it a bit more, and tweaking some placements of the clips would shape the video up nicely. You have to remember, your opinion of music/video content will differ greatly from the people on this forum. If you want to know how baby like and closed minded the community is, I refer you to the 'WHAT DID YOU DO TO WELL' thread in the Ideas and Suggestions section.

I look forward to your next video.
Rutabeggar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2007, 07:20 PM   #22
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabeggar
Nanner my friend, people are frivolous, and because of their frivolity, someones work can't be appreciated fully. Videos are time consuming to make, regardless of the quality, my first video sucked because I had no idea what I was doing. Yours however is pretty good for an early try. Youtube sucks when it comes to video hosting though, especially for FF because the game is naturally dark, the quality of video Youtube provides hampers it. I think compressing it a bit more, and tweaking some placements of the clips would shape the video up nicely. You have to remember, your opinion of music/video content will differ greatly from the people on this forum. If you want to know how baby like and closed minded the community is, I refer you to the 'WHAT DID YOU DO TO WELL' thread in the Ideas and Suggestions section.

I look forward to your next video.
Thanks man I have to get it uploaded to stage6. This video is by far higher quality than my first. Yet youtube still makes it crappy. Maybe I'll put a different song to the stage6 one, another one people can bitch about . Because unlike last time, I kept all the resources available to me for rehashing the video quickly. Would only take me half an hour to remake the vid.

Coincidently you're the solly defending SD2 beside me That was the game poor mutius and one other were the only O against us and I eventually stopped defending because it really sucked for them.

Cheers,
Hammock
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2007, 10:03 PM   #23
Stankyfingers
Kalikop

Send a message via Yahoo to Stankyfingers
Well at least it was only one negative ass this time.Negativity just oozing from this place at all times.
If you want a very fast tutorial for making videos with source here ya go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4MK_XJeNqA
Six mins and you will be on your way.

I would love to give every negative person on this forums a swift kick in the ding ding...
Stankyfingers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2007, 10:23 PM   #24
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunnelatio
so is picking appropriate music

why is every ff video so far so laughably bad? Don't bother if it's just a few minutes of boring ordinary shit with crappy music and no editing whatsoever.

If this offends you make better videos I guess. I expect a bunch of people to call me a jerk and a big troll but hammock here needs some tough love rather than pats on the back
Let's see what you can put together, miestro.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2007, 11:43 PM   #25
be_

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankyfingers
I would love to give every negative person on this forums a swift kick in the ding ding...
Stanky, u so crazeh

If the only sound problem was the mic noise spammer, just disable voice in the options. That will take care of all voice in game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock
...there hasn't been a single FF video I've watched past the first 30 seconds.
Not even... my adventures? ::cries::
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5PMozOL4ks

Last edited by be_; 11-13-2007 at 11:52 PM.
be_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2007, 02:09 AM   #26
-=Roland=-

I thought this video was better than the last and enjoyed the music too.

[sarcasm]This video proves is how much we need to nerf to soldier. He could hit medics and scouts, a soldier should never be able to hit one. They should be too faaaasssttt.[/sarcasm]

J/K

Seriously though if that's not so good playing, I wish we could get some more not so good players.

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing your next one.
-=Roland=- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2007, 04:02 AM   #27
Peon
Altitude Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Agressive Medic or Pyro...as long as I can fly baby!
Gametype: CTF
Good enough

I wasn't like, a mind-blowing video.....but it wasn't bad. Anyone who plays TF2, and sees that vid, will be like "holy crap that's fast!" Any enthusiast gamer who sees it will be like "I can't wait to learn how to do some of that shit!"

I also happen to rank Def Leppard among the greatest rock bands ever, up to about 1991, but I will have to say that song has never been in my top 20 DL songs. It's a great song for the chicks, who love it, and I am trying to get a couple of females interested in the game who love that song. I know they have more rockin' tunes, but PSSOM will do just fine for now.

Try "Stagefright" live version, or "The Desert Song" next time. Love me like a bomb baby!
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”"
- George Carlin
Peon is offline   Reply With Quote