Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 01-12-2007, 12:32 PM   #1
o_speed-king

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Who owns or Plans to own a Wii ?

I myself got my Wii 1 month earlier , but all the games are sold out , so im waiting for them atm .

Anyone else that have tried out the Wii's way of using the controlls and loves it as much as myself ?
o_speed-king is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 12:44 PM   #2
o_ginger lord

Wii since Christmas!

Dear god Zelda is good. My housemate does like 10 hour sessions on it at a time, from 1am through the night.

o_ginger lord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 12:50 PM   #3
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

I played it a fair bit over my friend's house. I don't really like Call of Duty that much, but I still managed to get him through most of the game

The Sports game is fun, if rather shallow. I'll probably pick one up when 1) there are actually any consoles to buy at my local stores and 2) there is a game I really want to play besides Zelda.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 01:39 PM   #4
o_nezumi

I am getting a Wii the second I see one for sale anywhere*.

I already have Zelda, so I'm good to go when that happens

*retail
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 01:41 PM   #5
o_voipme

I've got one. And Zelda is one of the best games of all time, if not the best. Wii Sports is pretty fun too, but I wish they would fully flesh out some of the games, or at least give them a couple more minigames.
o_voipme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 01:50 PM   #6
Decs
Retired FF Staff

Had one since christmas but i only got wii sports and red steel for it, going to pick up zelda whenever i can.

Red steel is so poor, i mean its amazing how much crap ubisoft threw at us around the wii release. That GT Pro series game seems to be the worst of the bunch. While i think its cool that nintendo focused more on reinventing the way we play consoles than on next gen graphics i am starting to feel that they should have perhaps focused a little more on graphics aswell. All games ive seen and tried for the wii have been somewhat ugly and surely it cant all be the devs faults. Ive yet to actually try zelda so im sure thats going to be alot better but as it is now most games look to be in the generation between n64/ps and ps2/gamecube D: strikes me as a bit odd.

Well im sure there will be more quality (both gameplay and visuals) games out soon for the Wii.

Look at this stuff http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/ar...8022745688.jpg

Old 01-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #7
o_ginger lord

Zelda's graphics are amazing, considering its a GameCube port. A dedicated Wii Zelda will blow my mind.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:18 PM   #8
o_backstaber

I've had one since Christmas. Haven't played much since my sister is always playing Zelda on it.
o_backstaber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 02:51 PM   #9
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

I will have one eventually but I am not in a hurry...which is a good thing since you can't seem to find them anywhere. I'm actually more interested in a DS Lite. Those are the only ones of the next gen systems that interest me. I wouldn't buy a PS3 unless there are major changes to the platform....I mean...if I want an expensive paperweight I'll just buy a 2 8800's...
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #10
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
i agree, red steel is so fucking shoddy. the controls are just pathetic, and whats the deal with having to fight with a katana every so often?

Old 01-12-2007, 05:00 PM   #11
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Cuz they can make you?

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 05:38 PM   #12
o_lithium

Super Smash Bros , when that gets out , all hell gets loose.
o_lithium is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #13
o_luminous

if i get some money ill probs get one, though i will wait until my mate gets one for his birthday for deciding though
o_luminous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 06:56 PM   #14
o_hatchman_sr

I've had one since Christmas, really enjoy it, own Zelda and Rayman. I've "beat" Zelda already, not that I've run out of things to do though, but that game was loads of fun. I don't really care that much about the graphics, I mean it looked great and I could differentiate between things and it was bright enough, so I was happy. Looked better than that last N64 one that I played.

Rayman's single player was fairly quick to get through, but I love shooting rabbits with plungers and shit, and having some friends over and creating a Mario Party style decathalon of the mini games has been loads of fun and has lead to some controllers flying. Also, Rabbits can dance baby, but white guys still cannot.

Wii Sports is pretty basic, but can still be a great time. I wish it was just on the console though instead of on a separate disc, that way I could just switch to it any time I felt like. I've bowled over 100 games so far, because I found that you can do one single player pretty much perfectly in the time of a standard commercial break. Favorite show goes to break, hit the tv/video button, bowl 10 frames, come back right in time to see the show start up. What's not to love? Also, 4-player tennis is loads of fun, provided you have adequate space to do it (although it's fun trying in close quarters as well).

Also, I downloaded Mario '64 and F-Zero from their download service and have had a good time revisiting some old favorites that I sold off long ago.

Overall, I highly recommend the system, and hope more companies learn to better utilize the controllers. Finding games in stores isn't a problem here in the states, but the controllers/consoles are tough to come by retail. I'm definitely looking forward to more of the Mario titles to get released, like Mario Party 8, Mario Strikers Charged, and at some point Mario Kart. And yes, Smash Bros. will probably result in the replacement of every controller I currently own, as colleged aged guys + competitive fighting game play + alcohol = destruction. Also, buy a 50 pack of AA batteries to hold you over until a decent rechargable controller's released.
o_hatchman_sr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 07:05 PM   #15
o_rifle

I am a proud owner of a wii I have Zelda and Tony Hawks down hill jam.
o_rifle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 07:05 PM   #16
o_ginger lord

Yeah, I thought the battery life in the controllers was a bit rubbish.

Then realised that they were getting 40+ hours of play every 3 days or so, with sound and rumble.

Old 01-12-2007, 07:28 PM   #17
o_uncle-argon

In terms of the battery life of the controller, this thing looks like it will provide a pretty decent solution:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Joytech-Powe...8&s=videogames

I haven't got a wii yet, but I'll probably pick one up in a few months. I tried to get one around Christmas time, missed them once on Amazon by less than a minute, but I'm fed up of chasing them now so I'll wait until there are a few better games available. At the moment I like the looks of WiiSports, Rayman and of course Zelda, but the rest looks pretty average; it's a shame that the fps games haven't been as good as they could be.
o_uncle-argon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #18
o_sizeablessonic

Had one since Christmas, and it's the shit!
o_sizeablessonic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 07:30 PM   #19
o_hatchman_sr

Yeah, I was pissed when I saw my controller die for the first time, then I saw I had logged 20+ hours into Zelda and who knows how many more on Wii sports. They don't have terrible life, you just tend to forget how much you actually use the things.
o_hatchman_sr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2007, 08:01 PM   #20
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

It was funny though; I was in Best Buy the other day buying a PS2 game, and I saw a bunch of PS3s on display but no Wiis. I was curious, so I talked to a worker dude, and he said there were 40 more PS3s in the back, but that they hadn't gotten any Wiis for almost a month. That does seem a bit silly when you think about it: the Wii is basically just using a revison on the Gcubes processors, yet Nintendo can't meet demand?

I guess I'll lump that in the same category of "crazy Nintendo decision-making" as not stocking component cables in retail stores (or anywhere, for a while)
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote