Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 04:07 PM   #141
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Satan View Post
I actually agree with you. I don't dislike pubs if there aren't a million people doing stupid shit. But I think as a whole the people who idle #ff.pickup are gonna be elitists and aren't gonna get along well in a pub environment.
Pub players wouldn't get along well in a competitive environment ~ would that make pub players elitist as well?

But yes, I do agree that they won't get along... but I don't think one side is elitist.

Ronald Reagan

Old 07-30-2009, 04:30 PM   #142
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
yeah, I guess elitist is probably the wrong word to use...it was just being used already. Some are, but your right that not all competitive players are elitists.
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:

Last edited by Dr.Satan; 07-30-2009 at 04:31 PM.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:40 PM   #143
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Class/Position: under en kvinna
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Eternal Order, Must be h4x, Mono's happy funtime.
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Healthy pub communities breed healthy competetive communities. I think at the moment, we have neither.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #144
glass 2.0
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Everythang
Affiliations: Clan Untitled [-] / [TW]
Stop bashing everything and just play the fucking game.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:04 PM   #145
WarPig
ThE O h G r

Class/Position: Engi/HW/Pyro - Defender
Affiliations: Pigs of War/ [AE]
Dr. satan that was where my wording may have been missunderstood.

I'm not saying ALL players in pickup channel are elitist etc. but quite a few are, and really the attitude of a few from that channel which lets face it most are very good TF players suck hard.

I get sick of pubs and wanna just sit in a good team vs team match up I love that more than anything, but My arguement and point was it would help out a hell of a lot more if some of the more skilled talented people played in the pubs and didn't act like jerk offs.. (mynameismatt/wardy) for attention.

As I said earlier in posts I would love to help host some matchups and even take the time to help organize the stuff, I only wanna help and see some honest league play.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #146
Gator-
FF God

Class/Position: Scout O, Medic O, Demo D/O, Soldier D
Gametype: CTF 4v4
Affiliations: [milkwood] ( GoodFellas )
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via AIM to Gator- Send a message via MSN to Gator- Send a message via Yahoo to Gator-
Make a new thread, this shit is so offtopic

Old 07-30-2009, 10:56 PM   #147
hadez
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 20 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryu^ View Post
it didnt make me mad in the slightest, besides id never do anything so disrespectful to the mods and the community. like elmo said this bullsheet seems kinda limited to the US scene which i am no part of so it doesnt effect me in the slightest.

and yes gator i guess things do turn to lol after you support somebody and they turn out to be false.
Have you ever heard the expression judging the book by its cover? I think alot of people in this thread are looking at the situation and judging me as a person rather than judging the situation as a whole. Yes i did cause the situation, or at least was part of the cause of the situation but to say that i lack intelligence seems a little bit over judgmental to me. Now you're saying that the "bullshit" seems kind of limited to the US scene which you are no part of so it doesn't effect you at all. If it doesn't effect you then why even respond to such a post? To cause more drama? I've played for teamfail before whether you choose to believe it or not. I was invited by Space. I played 2 maps, 4 rounds total. I was going to play another which your team suggested i do but i had to go play a pickup i had been waiting to fill in the usa #ff.pickup channel. While I was playing a little while in the euro scene i've also played against you while i was in m00.

This thread is incredibly offtopic now, unfortunately, so the whole meaning of this post almost seems farfetched.

Anyway, the reason i chose to reply to you is because you seem to care too much and know too little about the situation. I don't blame you at all because you're not a part of the USA pickup community, but why start bashing if you don't even know who i am? Does intelligence really have to do with anything here or are you just trying to change the subject?

I've created a hole that i can't dig myself out of, i understand that. In a perfect community i would be banned and everyone would forget my name and no one would ask me to play anymore. Although, that is not the case here. I have many private messages every day asking me to join games, sub for players, and inviting me to private games. I thank the people that do message me, giving me some way to still play and enjoy this game as much as i did before. It's now up to squeek to decide how long(if not permanent) the duration of the ban should be. I've spoken personally with everyone that i've wanted to speak personally with about the situation. The support i've had so far hopefully has opened the eyes of the admins in the community to a different view of the situation. I have faith that squeek will make the right choice about the duration of the ban in #ff.pickup and leave it in his hands.

League play isn't really and issue before as Dr. Satan has said. Hopefully, since the leagues werent active at the time of my ban the admins of the program will let me play(if league play ever starts again). Server admins have already made their choices on whether or not they should ban me also. I only played in a handful of servers before this all happened anyway, and i still continue to play in the majority of those servers.

Right now i'm just playing the waiting game really. I still regret making the choices i did and i'm sure we all regret some choices we make in life while we are angry. I'm also glad to say that Stiffy and I have recently put down our weapons and thrown a couple medpacks each others way. We both realized that our retaliations were stupid and immature and have both forgiven each other over the situation. I want to thank anyone else that has been supporting me through the forums and through irc. Hopefully soon i will see the innerwalls of the #ff.pickup channel again, even if squeek doesn't decide to unban me from the ffpl server pickups. It is my understanding that i'm welcome to play at the Xo and mE servers for pickups whenever i'm invited.

I wanted the admins to know that i'm not going to try to beat the system and alias under any other names, change my ip adress or steamid. I understand that i'm going to have to serve punishment from the mistakes i've made and i am willing to do just that. What i do ask from the admins though is to think through what might be a reasonable time period in which i shall be banned from the #ff.pickup channel(maybe set up a vote by the admins(it's your choice)).

Please don't judge who I am as a person unless you've gotten the chance to know me over the past half of the year. I understand that everyone is mad at the situation and everyone has the right to be mad at me(I'd be pissed too). All I'm asking for is for people not to judge me if you don't know who i am or have never played with me before. The people who have put effort into getting to know me are the people you see supporting the thread because honestly, i think of myself to be open to new friendships and pretty easy to be around and have fun around in this game. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by hadez; 07-30-2009 at 11:00 PM.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:45 PM   #148
ryu^
Fortress Forever Staff

still, whether u had played for teamfail or not has absolutely no relevance on how i choose to respond to you. you act like a tail you get treated like one, there was nothing weird about me flaming you.

uve simply answered your own question by saying you deserve grief for what uve done (which is basically one of the lamest things anybody can do to any online gaming community). i simply would not expect this kind of behaviour from someone in a top clan, its just incomprehendable. you could have quite easily done it in the euro pickup channel too, and whos to say you still wont if the decision doesn't go your way.

anyway goodluck.

Last edited by ryu^; 07-30-2009 at 11:51 PM.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:40 PM   #149
Gr3mLin

Class/Position: Soldier/Demo/Medic
Affiliations: #teamfail
I think if we're going to let HadeZ back in to the community he should be made to learn how to use a shotgun instead of running around shooting the nailgun like a fanny.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:41 PM   #150
Gr3mLin

Class/Position: Soldier/Demo/Medic
Hi bokko btw, how r u m8?

5on5 de dust ur svr no crits gimme ur jew gold meight?

Old 07-31-2009, 02:57 PM   #151
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
wut you mean, grem? nailing the fl def down all the time so they can spawn v closeby with a load more grens is the way some usa ppl role man. lollest is the repeated fd hw nailing - i especially enjoy rofling at that one.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:54 PM   #152
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
First of all this whole situation sucks. Introducing hacks publicly now allows room for "questioning" anyone in game now. You should have seen how paranoid everyone was after Titan's little video came out. "OMG his prefire hit me! Hacks!"

But hadez does offer some very good competition, and he's a nice guy in game, I've never really seen him "rage" at someone else in game. Oh sure he's had his comments here and there, but overall he's never really been a dick, like some other people. And since this thread is about "respect of the community" essentially, I'll take this time now to say that compared to Wardy and my name is matt, Hadez (even after this hack distribution) is still more of a class act. You wanna talk about 2 people who should be on probation, these two are the worst for "welcoming" newcomers. How they treat Atlarge, sethor, and gibz is disgracefull. Okay we get it, the 3 of those people don't have 9 years of experience playing. But all 3 of them keep on trying, despite the shit they get from those two.

I think as punishment for Hadez, he should only be allowed to play O medic with the medpack as the only acceptable weapon, and no nades.

For D, he should be limited to sniper or pyro.

Punishment should last for 1 month.

This way we "as the community", get our justice by getting our chance to pwn him for once.

Plus he'd be the fat kid for a month when it came to captains.

Our revenge and his shame for a month should be punishment enough.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:48 PM   #153
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier D
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
CAES FOR A STAFF MEMBER YOU'RE A REAL DICKHEAD

Old 08-01-2009, 02:25 PM   #154
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
THANKS MAN

Old 08-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #155
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Class/Position: under en kvinna
Affiliations: Eternal Order, Must be h4x, Mono's happy funtime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock View Post
First of all this whole situation sucks. Introducing hacks publicly now allows room for "questioning" anyone in game now. You should have seen how paranoid everyone was after Titan's little video came out. "OMG his prefire hit me! Hacks!"

But hadez does offer some very good competition, and he's a nice guy in game, I've never really seen him "rage" at someone else in game. Oh sure he's had his comments here and there, but overall he's never really been a dick, like some other people. And since this thread is about "respect of the community" essentially, I'll take this time now to say that compared to Wardy and my name is matt, Hadez (even after this hack distribution) is still more of a class act. You wanna talk about 2 people who should be on probation, these two are the worst for "welcoming" newcomers. How they treat Atlarge, sethor, and gibz is disgracefull. Okay we get it, the 3 of those people don't have 9 years of experience playing. But all 3 of them keep on trying, despite the shit they get from those two.

I think as punishment for Hadez, he should only be allowed to play O medic with the medpack as the only acceptable weapon, and no nades.

For D, he should be limited to sniper or pyro.

Punishment should last for 1 month.

This way we "as the community", get our justice by getting our chance to pwn him for once.

Plus he'd be the fat kid for a month when it came to captains.

Our revenge and his shame for a month should be punishment enough.
Actaully, you're right. Unban hadez. Ban those two.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #156
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
This thread has run it's course.

Scuzzy

Closed Thread