Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 09-22-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
Huevon

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Promote Fortress Forever 2.4

Hello mates,

I have thought how we can promote it the game to try get more ppl into it.

Promote the game on:

1 - Forums
2 - Games Webpages
3 - Steam group
4 - IRC (games channels and friends)
5 - Friends
6 - Steam
7 - League

I have sent @ 12 e-mails to a couple spanish games webpages. So they maybe ll post a new or a report.

¿ Can anyone do this in others countries ?

Btw if someone have more ideas, say it. I ll do my best into spain community to get players.

Adminssssss send a e-mail to steam to add the game there :P !!!!!! Come on !!

BB GUYS

Last edited by Huevon; 09-22-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Huevon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
gibz
Title title title title

Class/Position: Medic O, Soldier D
Gametype: CTF, Water Battle
Affiliations: :e0: and n-t
So basically you mean for us to spam advertisements to people?
Kind of like free advertisement?
What's your next idea, merchandise? (Does not include Fallen products)

Old 09-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
Mikael_hs
Beta Tester

Affiliations: Wazzazzaza
my avi is to help promotion. While Ryus avi was ace, ive shown it to a lot of ppl who don't play FF, and they don't understand wtf is going on... All they see is stuff flying and shooting and sometimes dying.

Mine will be targeting people who don't play ff or tfc, and I will post it on whatever gaming forum I cna find once finished...

Swedish forums in particular
Mikael_hs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #4
gibz
Title title title title

I've been showing ryu's video and yours to my school friends during 1st and 3rd periods (like right now, I'm in 1st) and so far 3 of them have asked me how to get FF.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:34 AM   #5
Huevon

I don´t want spam, just say: there is a new release to ppl u know on irc, steam friends ..

And post on forums there is a new release, this isn´t spam is information and opinion about a game.

Some spanish websites are saying me they ll post a new about ff. I hope this helps.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #6
gibz
Title title title title

Oh lol, well I've been doing that anyway so it's all good.

Just a little bit of photoshop, and we could make T-Shirts!

EDIT: Get your FF shoes and shirts!

Shoes!

Shirts!
Soon to come: Coffee mugs, hats, bumper stickers, and computer accessories.

Last edited by gibz; 09-22-2009 at 11:43 AM.
gibz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #7
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
We have been advertising the game for quite some time now. It's not a problem reaching people or getting them to play, the game does that by itself (It's a free game.) The problem lies in keeping the players here when they make it here. Most of the players can not adjust, don't enjoy the game, or get strangely and ironically banned from certain servers for acting like they would be expected to act on this game (as an adult, not getting butthurt about words like 'christ' and 'poop') and so they leave.

Last edited by Bridget; 09-22-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #8
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Huevon, what you want to do has some good elements. The game does need promotion and it does need advertising. Keep up the good work and ideas. Ignore the mullings of a few banned players looking to settle a score.

Scuzzy

Old 09-22-2009, 01:23 PM   #9
wakka

Class/Position: top
Gametype: pwning caroline in bed
Please not yet another discussion about the obvious, Bridget you need to stop posting about o-t in EVERY single post you make, Scuzzy you need to ignore it.

with regards to advertisement, yes word of mouth is a good option but with games we need movies that are pure advertising, not a movie showcasing skills or how to play, but more "play this over any other game". I am working on a few ads that I hope will have the desired effect, although I shall have an actual 9-5 Marketing job soon so my time on this shall become limited. but I WILL finish them, I have models in them ffs ;p
wakka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 02:13 PM   #10
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
I am answering the original post. What's the point of advertising? It has been done so many times in the past. The problem lies in the game and the community, not in our methods of advertisement (because, again, they're not even needed. It's a free game.)

Advertising is pointless. We have no product worthy of advertisement. Everyone's raging now about this and that, community's full of people who don't seem to care any more about this game, servers full of admins who seem to find it enjoyable and show-worthy that they're slowly destroying the community even as it grows, forums full of people who don't even play and just throw verbal shit at one another every day.

The game, you know, Fortress Forever. It's not perfect, nah. It's no diamond, but it is a gem. Unfortunately, it's packed deep down under layer and layer of shit. Good luck digging it out. There's never a shortage of bullshit 'round 'ere. *pipe*
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #11
wakka

Considering your last post to do with advertising it has became clear you have no idea of how it works. Just because something is free does not mean people will play it. People need to know about it and have a desire to play it. This is where advertising comes in, you attract someone to the ad for other reasons other than it being to do with fortress forever. It gets circulated round because of the ad not because of fortress forever but slowly on the way picks up and lets other players know of this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
I am answering the original post. What's the point of advertising? It has been done so many times in the past. The problem lies in the game and the community, not in our methods of advertisement (because, again, they're not even needed. It's a free game.)
lol.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #12
Huevon

Wak: something is free does not mean people will play it.

Right, who are playing ff atm? ex tfc players cause couple ppl don´t know the game. We need new players if no the community always ll be small.

I think we must try promote it. All someone can do ll help.

My mails to spanish websites about games are working. They posted news about ff.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #13
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Advertising is pointless. We have no product worthy of advertisement.
Please create a thread and list out the adjustments that can make it worthy of advertisement Bridget.

Quote:
Everyone's raging now about this and that, community's full of people who don't seem to care any more about this game,...
forums full of people who don't even play and just throw verbal shit at one another every day.
How should we go about identifying them and removing them?

Quote:
The game, you know, Fortress Forever. It's not perfect, nah. It's no diamond, but it is a gem. Unfortunately, it's packed deep down under layer and layer of shit. Good luck digging it out. There's never a shortage of bullshit 'round 'ere. *pipe*
It's your job as part of the Beta team to help dig it out of the shit you believe it's in. Outline your ideas and plans. Don't come to us with problems, come to us with solutions.

What's the plan Bridget?

Scuzzy

Old 09-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #14
Mikael_hs
Beta Tester

Every time advertisement is mentioned, again with the defeatist attitude... First off all, "the community" is actually two small communities; the european and the American. While I can't say what's been going on in the American part of FF, For all I know europe has not advertised whatsoever... At least not during the time I've been playing.

If you think it's a waste of time. Fine, don't do it. But stop sharing your unconstructive criticism with the rest of us.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:58 PM   #15
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy View Post
It's your job as part of the Beta team to help dig it out of the shit you believe it's in. Outline your ideas and plans. Don't come to us with problems, come to us with solutions.

What's the plan Bridget?

Scuzzy
Bridget isn't talking about gameplay related things.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 06:20 PM   #16
Mikael_hs
Beta Tester

Bridget, I wonder what that server Old Timers has done to be so horrible. I've never ever played on it.PM me and let me know lol.

Or someone from OT may share the story with me. There's obviously something under the surface here

Old 09-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #17
gibz
Title title title title

My post was deleted!

Old 09-22-2009, 07:11 PM   #18
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

No, it was moved. Stay on topic guys, how you're going to promote FF 2.4 please. Not how it can't be done, not how it doesn't need to be done. It does need to be done.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:33 PM   #19
~kev~
pmagnvs

Class/Position: Engineer - D
Gametype: Free for all CTF - no stupid clan rules
I dont know what yall expect. Awhile back I started a list of gaming forums that I was talking about FF on, and nobody joined in.

Korey and I have a general gaming forum at ELGMS with a Fortress Forever section, and hardly anyone from here will join, much less post anything.

I'am over there posting how great FF is and nobody will back me up. So I look almost dumb to the tf2 players.

Here is a thread where I'am telling this tf2 player how great FF is, and I'am all by myself. http://www.elgms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3829

Its like all of the FF players are grouped into one little area and refuse to post on other forums.

I have 2 gaming blogs that I'll post all the FF news and information yall will give me, but those outlets are ignored. There is elgms, and I have halflife news - I would love to post some interviews, news,,, something, but nobody will give me anything to post about the FF comunity.

When you have someone that wants to help, but are ignored, I dont know what people expect?

Last edited by ~kev~; 09-22-2009 at 08:47 PM.
~kev~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #20
wakka

well Kev I've known about that before, probably because people like Bridget always manage to get the topic swayed and then posts like yours are missed.

I will join those forums tonight

Tags
fortress forever 2.4, hl2, mod, promote, steam