Yeah.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:57 AM   #23
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWheresMyMedic View Post
You have?What was I banned for I'm perrty sure I was banned for that. But I don't know your admin for it you know more then me.

Also I thank :e0: clan for supporting the server, I think 40% of the players on the server have been :e0:.
Up until today, your account wasn't banned. I explained this to you in your own forums over a month ago:

http://www.talos.tv/node/486#comment-1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWheresMyMedic
Everyone from New Timers ban from Old Timers.

http://forums.oldtimersclan.com/ot_banlog.php

Just for being in a group. LoL wow I see why, Group title "Group for the ban players of o-t.
This is a group for every one that has been banned from the Old Timers. We Want More People, I Don't Care What Games They Play, Just Invite."

damn all those people didn't know they will be banned for joining a group. Also those peoplle as admin are the ones who helped me make the server, No need to ban them just me for everything, they never knew where this was going.
You created a group to spite The Old Timers Clan, you gave it the title: Group for the ban players of o-t. With the explanation: This is a group for every one that has been banned from the Old Timers. We Want More People, I Don't Care What Games They Play, Just Invite."

As I said previously in this thread, we've had groups like this appear in the past. We even list the situation in our FAQ: "If you asked to be banned and/or want to appear 'cool' by being banned from [o-t] we comply with all such requests. Bans of this nature are irrevocable."

Exactly what did you expect to happen?

Scuzzy

Old 10-05-2009, 04:21 AM   #24
DudeWheresMyMedic

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
What I thought will happen was o-t would not be such a bitch about banning everyone from a group and to just ban me Those people didn't know they would be ban for joining a Steam group. It this retardness that pisses me off, I'm still thinking of droping this shit or to take this to the next level.
And how will I come to getting all the people in New Timer unban? Because they join because I'm a friend and the admins are people that help me alot. wasn't their fault.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:21 AM   #25
the_cake
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 144 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy View Post
Don't tease them pixel, you know you're not banned.

Rat, there actually aren't that many people banned. Only a very small percentage, a little over 2% of our entire playerbase is banned.
I hope by "playerbase" you don't mean the Fortress Forever community, because if so that's a horrible lie.

Honestly, I've seen barely any activity on FF oldtimers in the past couple weeks. The most popular pubs seem to be n-t, talos, zE's, SNT and phat farm.

I guess that's what happens when you make so many enemies in such a small community.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:08 AM   #26
chaunbot
r.A.p.3.D.

Affiliations: r.A.p.3.D

i was banned for pasting another servers ip twice in a row. I understand, how can you control a community if people go to other servers to "mulch"?. Why dont you go look that up Scuz. I think i understand
/whois Scuzzy
Whois Report
Name Scuzzy
DNS Resolved to **obama.whitehouse.gov

I understand now. Why dont you go google yourself some more and run the numbers, i'm sure more than 2% of the FF community is banned.

sincerely "the Rap3d clan" lol

P.S. I was warned for accusing Scuzzy of having a 3' leash on these forums so i guess we'll see how it goes.

Last edited by chaunbot; 10-05-2009 at 06:22 AM.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:04 AM   #27
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
I am like WTF for looking at my name on OT Permanet BanList, i did played in OT several times, with no problems at all, and now im banned just because i have admin in other server oO, then whats next banned for watching a pron video or for not eating the vegetals..what´s next ?
Now i gonna explain the hole situtation, first or fall [TALOS] Medic asked for my help to set his server with cfg, metamod, sourcemod, stats and etc with i gladly did cuse he´s a friend like I helped wak and :eO Server´s this week, then he just put me as admin thing that i didnt ask for, and told him that I prolly would never use. One day after i see the name server as new-timers [F**k OT] or something like that, and i went to speak to him and he can prove that i told him this, i sayd medic change server name looks unprofessional remove the flame part of it, plp prefer professional looking servers and etc..
Now i see that 2 of my admins are banned too D-Moone, and Marcel..maybe ill start to use briget signature now or ally to some us players to create a proper alternative to OT server dunno. gg

Last edited by zE; 10-05-2009 at 07:13 AM.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:20 AM   #28
gibz
Title title title title

Class/Position: Medic O, Soldier D
Gametype: CTF, Water Battle
Affiliations: :e0: and n-t
Quote:
You created a group to spite The Old Timers Clan, you gave it the title: Group for the ban players of o-t. With the explanation: This is a group for every one that has been banned from the Old Timers.
lol that's a lot of people

Old 10-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #29
RnZ
D&A Member

Class/Position: I like them all (except snipers :P)
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: [TW]
This is some funny stuff, i never played on this o-t server i think, but i bet its quite the experience, mwhahaha
Around what time people play on this?

Old 10-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #30
gibz
Title title title title

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnZ View Post
but i bet its quite the experience
Blink and you'll miss it!

Old 10-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #31
RnZ
D&A Member

Class/Position: I like them all (except snipers :P)
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: [TW]
Gibz, i wanna play in a pub with you again. Remember last time i made you rage muhauhauha that was so funny. To bad i didnt record that.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #32
gibz
Title title title title

I was afraid you were going to record that and put it on the forums, lol.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:09 PM   #33
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

The group is based on the premise that everyone joining is banned from [o-t] and glorify that 'badge of honor', I fail to see what the problem is here. Isn't this what you guys were asking for? Isn't this the cool thing to be? Aside from that, since we're apparently not so popular and everyone who matters is banned, what's the big deal?

Scuzzy

Old 10-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #34
chaunbot
r.A.p.3.D.

Affiliations: r.A.p.3.D
Quote:
The group is based on the premise that everyone joining is banned from [o-t] and glorify that 'badge of honor', I fail to see what the problem is here. Isn't this what you guys were asking for? Isn't this the cool thing to be? Aside from that, since we're apparently not so popular and everyone who matters is banned, what's the big deal?

Scuzzy
Scuzzy, you are on the FF staff, you of all people should know the importance of the players. Players make the mod successful. I hope someone starts a league so i can rAp3 [o-t] so hard they disban. hell if we ever have matches 80% of the clan would be banned anyways.

You must be a highschool science teacher or a cafeteria worker something, tired of the kids steping on you all day so you rage on the internet, i'll keep an eye out for you on the 10' oclock news.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #35
hlstriker
QUAD ROCKET
Server Owner
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Rocket Jumping
Affiliations: -g1 ]qS[ -eC- :e0: [ESAD]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zE View Post
...for not eating the vegetals..
Mmmm, vegetals!

Old 10-05-2009, 04:25 PM   #36
Stiffy

Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Wow!

I don't post much but I just had to on this thread lol!!! Scuzzy I'm sure the people who joined dude's steam group didn't "want" to be banned from OT. I'm sure they just joined the damn group to join it or support a friend. In my opinion it looks like this one got you a little butt hurt or something or else you would've just went on with everything like they don't even have a server/steam group with the name they have. Talk about immature and grow up? I think you need to practice what you preach all the time on this one buddy. All that did for you was make it look like you actually DO care about what their doing, even though you claim it doesn't bother you one bit.

I feel bad for all the people who got banned from a server JUST for joining a steam community group.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:31 PM   #37
Nightmare
Rocking all nightmare long

Class/Position: Demo/Solly
Gametype: Capture the Flag - AvsD
I'm kinda shocked.. o.O

FF ain't got the biggest community and all you o-t guys seem to do is banning ppl from your servers, even if they never actually did something wrong.. just like zE and Moone. LawL, we actually can't complain, because the more ppl you ban, the more will be on our servers. Good job folks =P

Last edited by Nightmare; 10-05-2009 at 04:31 PM.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:36 PM   #38
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaunbot View Post
Scuzzy, you are on the FF staff, you of all people should know the importance of the players. Players make the mod successful.
I agree completely. There's a bill for $130 coming up to pay for the FF forums licensing and website hosting. Are you willing to contribute to that? How about the $159 per month server fee The Old Timers clan pays for which we use to backup the forums, the website, all of the mysql databases, the SVN, we provide a link between the forums for the SVN to insure a secure beta team, and multiple development servers all free of charge? We develop webpages, links, and systems for the development team of this mod. We provide an environment that normally wouldn't exist, one that can bring individuals from a different demographic to this mod, which frankly, is growing. We work very hard to provide that environment for their gaming needs.

Do you know why?

Because it pays for everything we contribute to this mod. They pay the fucking bill. A few of us have convinced the larger community that this mod has value and must be supported financially and with tangible assets.

Now, here's the kicker: We ask for nothing in return. Not one damn thing. We've never asked for a feature. We've never asked for any preferential treatment from the development team what so ever. We've never even asked for one clan members to be allowed in the beta. They apply on their own and they have to get in on their own merits. We just want to make the game succeed because we like it. That's it.

Nothing you do will change our commitment to this mod. Nothing you do will change our minds that it's worth supporting.

All you and your friends like to do is tear things down. You like to whine and bitch about this or that, but you do nothing constructive. Grow up. Contribute in a positive way. You want to show that we aren't supporting the mod? No problem, nut-up and out contribute us.

What we aren't going to do is change our families environment to suit your play-style goals. We don't have to. There are plenty of places you can play without putting so much time and effort into attacking us. If following your leader Bridget who wants the right to go around with the name "niggerkike" is so important to you we just don't speak the same language. So, if you want to continue to put your efforts into tearing down our playerbase, you have that right, but you're only hurting the mod. You're certainly not contributing to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffy View Post
Scuzzy I'm sure the people who joined dude's steam group didn't "want" to be banned from OT.
If that's true we'd love to hear why they joined a group where that's the intent of being in a group where that's the underlying goal. Be careful what you ask and sign-up for. They know where the unban page is.

Scuzzy

Old 10-05-2009, 04:55 PM   #39
ju-

Hmmm seems pretty harsh to ban zE just because he helped some guy with server setup not knowing what he would go on to call the server or whats it purpose was.

You're talking about contributing to and supporting this mod then zE is a perfect example from the much liked funmaps he has made to his public server he runs pretty much by himself. I often see him willing to help people on irc with any small problems they may have .

Sure even this thread is an example of it. Hardly his fault that someone took advantage of his goodwill to make a retarded group.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #40
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju- View Post
Hmmm seems pretty harsh to ban zE just because he helped some guy with server setup not knowing what he would go on to call the server or whats it purpose was.

You're talking about contributing to and supporting this mod then zE is a perfect example from the much liked funmaps he has made to his public server he runs pretty much by himself. I often see him willing to help people on irc with any small problems they may have .

Sure even this thread is an example of it. Hardly his fault that someone took advantage of his goodwill to make a retarded group.
I agree, if that's the case, seems like a shitty thing to do to a friend. Unban Request Page

Closed Thread