KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
I'd say at least 2 of everything you have with a limit other than 3 demos.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #22
Raynian
D&A Member

Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
cr_sniper -1 please.

Any sniper is a gigantic fag and a crybaby. Look no further than freak spazzing out in this thread because it used to be completely disabled.
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves
7:00 PM - zE: like watching fox news
7:00 PM - zE: its like wtf
Raynian is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #23
FreaK367
Everyones favorite FreaK
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout, Engineer and Sniper
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 17 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian View Post
cr_sniper -1 please.

Any sniper is a gigantic fag and a crybaby. Look no further than freak spazzing out in this thread because it used to be completely disabled.
Stop crying Raynian.

I was defending the freedom to play any class people want, there shouldn't be class limits, when the server is near full there's a chance people could join and realise all of the classes they play, are taken, what kind of freedom is that? Considering one of the ideas of this server was to 'have no rules' in order to try and get more popular than OT, but it's ended up enforcing worse rules in the form of limiting peoples freedom.
FreaK367 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #24
episkopos
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: anything but Sniper and Spy
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreaK367 View Post
My bad then, I just remember them being completely disabled. And I remember a single Engineer, which made defending on some maps really hard where the flag is very open.
Conversely, multiple Engineers can make attacking on some maps hard. Yes, even with the low SG push and health, it still does a lot of damage. It's all about the right balance really, I think two Engineers is a good compromise. Still, it can make attacking in 1v2 or even 2v2 pretty painful.

I don't see why a team would ever need more than two demomen, especially in OvD.
episkopos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #25
Raynian
D&A Member

BRB, laughing. Hard.

Freedom! American freedom! I'll take my classes and piss everyone else off with them, that's great American freedom. While we're at it, Old Timers are nigger tits shit cunt fuck cock cumdumpsters. Freedom of speech!

Seriously, you said freedom 3 times and I bet you said it with a straight face, you are so funny ahahaha get out of here.
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves

Old 06-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #26
FreaK367
Everyones favorite FreaK
D&A Member

I'm not American.

And you can't offend people by playing a class, whereas you can offend people by saying words like "nigger", which is quite common on Trailers, Talos and other servers. It's a nicer atmosphere when everyone isn't calling everyone else a "fucking nigger" and all of that crap. Doesn't make a very good impression of the community to new players.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #27
episkopos
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: anything but Sniper and Spy
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
all of that crap.
Oh my, you said "crap"! I'm offended!
episkopos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2011, 11:56 PM   #28
Trailer
[Caleb]
Beta Tester

Class/Position: O Scout, D demo and Engy
Gametype: Attack / Defend
Affiliations: -nZ [LAW] *TG* M|M TRISPIRAL (Back in the TFC days)
Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
Stop crying Raynian.

I was defending the freedom to play any class people want, there shouldn't be class limits, when the server is near full there's a chance people could join and realise all of the classes they play, are taken, what kind of freedom is that? Considering one of the ideas of this server was to 'have no rules' in order to try and get more popular than OT, but it's ended up enforcing worse rules in the form of limiting peoples freedom.
The problem freak, is when the server isn't full it throws off the balance. Yea, when theres 10 players per team a sniper isn't all that much of a hassle, but when there's less than 10 total players, a sniper is really infuriating when he only has 3-5 targets coming his way.

I really can't even believe you are comparing the "freedomness" of my server to O-T. O-T are all complete nazis. You love to pretend like they are these saints and don't enforce any rules. Well that is the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard. I've been told before that if I dropped another detpack through the roof on destroy I would be kicked. That's freedom?

Rice got perma gagged for making about 4 "animal sounds" on the mic. That's freedom? Don't kid yourself dude, the only rule O-T DOESN'T have is class limits.

You contradict yourself. in one breath your stating how servers shouldn't have rules, and then the very next sentence you say how glad you are O-T has a filter that's so powerful I can't say racoon without getting slayed.

Seriously, all your doing is trolling my server at this point, and being a O-T preaching fan boy. If you're just gonna be a little troll and bring up every reason why my server sucks, don't reply at all on this thread. This thread is for constructive criticism for MY server, not a comparison of how much better O-T is than mine.

Regardless, this thread is for the TRAILER'S PARK OF RAGE server and Rage Quit guid. So leave O-T the hell out of it.
You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Trailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2011, 12:05 AM   #29
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
enjoy your regulated experience
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2011, 12:08 AM   #30
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
im gagged on OT

freedom of speech
(i swore when I was drunk one night or something)
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2011, 12:08 AM   #31
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer View Post
The problem freak, is when the server isn't full it throws off the balance. Yea, when theres 10 players per team a sniper isn't all that much of a hassle, but when there's less than 10 total players, a sniper is really infuriating when he only has 3-5 targets coming his way.

I really can't even believe you are comparing the "freedomness" of my server to O-T. O-T are all complete nazis. You love to pretend like they are these saints and don't enforce any rules. Well that is the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard. I've been told before that if I dropped another detpack through the roof on destroy I would be kicked. That's freedom?

Rice got perma gagged for making about 4 "animal sounds" on the mic. That's freedom? Don't kid yourself dude, the only rule O-T DOESN'T have is class limits.

You contradict yourself. in one breath your stating how servers shouldn't have rules, and then the very next sentence you say how glad you are O-T has a filter that's so powerful I can't say racoon without getting slayed.

Seriously, all your doing is trolling my server at this point, and being a O-T preaching fan boy. If you're just gonna be a little troll and bring up every reason why my server sucks, don't reply at all on this thread. This thread is for constructive criticism for MY server, not a comparison of how much better O-T is than mine.

Regardless, this thread is for the TRAILER'S PARK OF RAGE server and Rage Quit guid. So leave O-T the hell out of it.
I WAS ONLY TELLING YOU THAT A SPY WAS INCOMING!
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2011, 12:20 AM   #32
Trailer
[Caleb]
Beta Tester

http://forums.oldtimersclan.org/ot_llamawrangler.php

only 150+ pages of banned members, check out all the freedom. and over 60% of the 155 pages are strictly on FF players. omg, I'm so happy there is a server with SOOOO much freedom.

Let's take a look at some of these reasons why players had to PERMANENTLY be banned.

****** Member of "New Timers" on 10/4/2009, member of the Fuck OT group on 11/8/2009. - Freedom of speech? This person doesn't have the right to join whichever steam group he wants?

***** Attempting to contact others for sexual gratification.

******* - Camping

******** Asked if we could list his account as a "ban" so he could look badass to get into TALOS, apparently his application there has stalled.

** - Reviewed Ban Denied. Continued admin of one group that says "Fuck the Old Timers Group" and now an additional group targetting FF and [o-t] (

I don't think I've ever heard a swear come out of this players mouth, and he is probably the nicest player this community has to offer.

Need I go on? GTFO with your invalid arguments, troll.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:27 AM   #33
Bridget
Banned

disagree with me? troll

Old 06-22-2011, 01:36 AM   #34
Peppas

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
wish I could get unbanned, I'm a nice fun loving player to pub with!
Peppas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2011, 02:04 AM   #35
Trailer
[Caleb]
Beta Tester

Ok, Bridget. Maybe troll is the wrong term. Hypocrite fits better.

Siscos, I will unban you if you attempt to contact me for sexual gratification.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:04 AM   #36
FreaK367
Everyones favorite FreaK
D&A Member

Damn, don't get so worked up.

I've been told before that if I dropped another detpack through the roof on destroy I would be kicked. That's freedom?

People do that all the time with no punishment, I think I've even seen OT members doing it, so if that's how it went down, that does seem unfair.

Rice got perma gagged for making about 4 "animal sounds" on the mic. That's freedom?

That's one of the basic rules, along with no swearing in chat, no mic spamming, including soundboards, general noise and people making animal noises. For whatever reason someone would want to make animal noises. But a simple appeal to be ungagged and saying he wouldn't do it again would get him ungagged. I should know, over the years I've been through everything, my first offense was a gagging which got removed after I appealed.

A better example would be you can't say jesus, without being slayed. There's less chance of someone needing to say racoon, than there is jesus (I use it as a common expression). I'm glad there is a filter because it makes it nicer than being on other servers due to the lack of constant insulting. But the OT language filter is too sensitive in my opinion. I think it should only filter the core swear words, not words like "Jesus" or "Intercourse" etc... so I share your view on the filter being too powerful.

only 150+ pages of banned members, check out all the freedom. and over 60% of the 155 pages are strictly on FF players. omg, I'm so happy there is a server with SOOOO much freedom.

Looking through the first few pages, the vast majority seem to be Hidden: Source bans. And from the people banned through the language filter, here is some of the wisdom that got them banned. These seem like stand up guys:

('GROWING UP IS FOR NIGGERS')
calling other players "Jew Fuck"
('NIGGERS')
= Very Common I find.
('Guys are niggers')
Telling admins to fuck off when asked to follow the rules.
('fuck you nigger')
Telling players to fuck off and that he'd rape their mothers via text, trying to get around the language filter.
Claims to be a sexual predator.
Asked to be banned, we comply with all such requests.
('U FAT FUCKING NIGGER GO SUCK SOME FAT COCK U FAGGOT BITCH HOE')
('SHIT NIGGER VAGINA')
('fucking shit dick niggercunts')
"I hate Jews"
('fagniggers')
('FUCK YOU NIGGERS WHITE POWER')
('FUCKING NIGGERS, GO BIN LADEN')

I could go on, do you really want to defend those kinds of people?

And some basic stats:

Total Players: 192,424
Total Banned Players: 4,869
Percentage of players able to follow the rules: 97.47%

It actually takes more effort to be part of the 2.53% that can't behave.

And with regard to the examples you provided, they all seem legit, what do people expect is going to happen if you join a group telling the Old Timers to fuck off, then joining the server to play? That's pretty obvious and I can't blame them.

Sexual stuff is obviously going to get you banned. Many OT members and members of the community let their kids and siblings play Fortress Forever, and OT is somewhere safe they can play where they aren't going to be introduced to masses of swear words, racism and sexual content. And when you're playing a First Person shooter, why do any of those need to be brought up?

I find it hard to believe the "Camping" one was on Fortress Forever, because most of the OT members only play a defensive class that requires standing still in a specific location for long periods of time. Usually Soldier or Demo.

If you ever ask for a ban, they will give you a ban. They give you what you ask for. Hopefully most people wont be stupid enough to ask to be banned for whatever reason.

I play whatever server is popular. I've played Talos as much in the past day as I have OT. So in no means am I exclusively playing a certain server. But so many people compare other servers to Old Timers, I use it as an example since it was the only server in FF with controversial rules before your server came along.

And you told me in Steam chat after I talked to you about the possibility of not allowing racism on your server, that you didn't want to tell people what to say or do or have any rules because you wanted your server to become more popular than OT.

From the person I was talking to then, to now and how much the server has been modified, it seems like you have given into peer pressure from people constantly talking in your ear who all have little issues with classes and limits. I can imagine you would be running a completely different server if you wern't trying to make everyone else happy and you just did what you wanted to do.

The best thing your server could be, outside of OT, would be like Talos, but considerably better, less lag issues, a general better server.., improved everything, including the addition of stats, proper voting, when the clock hits 00:00, it MEANS 00:00, and not 20+ seconds remaining. And of course time allowed at the end of the round, whereas Talos currently instantly changes to a different map. And other little things. The Talos server is a bit of a mess. An improved version of it would be welcomed, with no rules or limits.

And that would allow your server to take over more often. And maybe naming it after your Training Guild would work better, it makes a server seem more professional when there is a clan or guild behind it...

I went on FF yesterday, well before the usual time for OT to take over, and there was 11+ people on the Talos server... and people were complaining about the lag issues, and general state of the server. If FF just had an improved version of Talos, it could easily take over and become the 2nd most popular server on FF, maybe even 1st on some days.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:12 AM   #37
Bridget
Banned

I'd defend those people.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:15 AM   #38
Raynian
D&A Member

I've been kickthreatened on OT many times for killing snipers. Because they camp outside their spawn 99% of the time. So when I go demo and pipe it, apparently I'm in the wrong.

But it's totally cool to have 2 snipers watching your front door and battlements on 2fort/aardvark/destroy/insert other maps here.

????

Freedom IMOIMOIMHO

Anyways, O-T sucks, this thread is about Trailer's server. R> Mod delete all off topic posts in this thread.

Last edited by Raynian; 06-22-2011 at 03:16 AM.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:59 AM   #39
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
That's one of the basic rules, along with no swearing in chat, no mic spamming, including soundboards, general noise and people making animal noises. For whatever reason someone would want to make animal noises. But a simple appeal to be ungagged and saying he wouldn't do it again would get him ungagged. I should know, over the years I've been through everything, my first offense was a gagging which got removed after I appealed.

Make sounds that I have made before and getting gagged without a warning is abuse of powers. So, freak, suck it. You failed.

But, I also break a lot of rules, so I can't totally bash OT and get away with it. Then again it's because thegame is my ho.

Also, any more talk of OT will end in this thread being closed and an infraction. Keep it to the PMs if you want to dock your penises together.

END OF STORY.
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2011, 04:03 AM   #40
Bridget
Banned

Rice : Bye.

Last edited by Ricey; 06-22-2011 at 04:10 AM.

3 members found this post helpful.

Tags
clan, guild, server, team, training