Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > Server Administration

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 03:06 AM   #1
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Name on Banned Player Connection...

So you know, if you're banned from [o-t], the name you pick doesn't get displayed to the user on our server. The name you had when you were banned (or we changed it too after) is what is displayed. So, when you connect with "SHIT NAZI SERVER; TALOS RULES" because you've been banned what people actually see (for this specific user) is "[o-t] Rocks!". So... connecting over and over again is a waste of your time, you're not really telling the people in the server what you want.

Thanks,
Scuzzy

Old 08-23-2009, 03:19 AM   #2
StrYdeR
FFapper

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via MSN to StrYdeR
Is this also the case when one is cold cocked with a CAD ban between smoke break FF sessions and snuffed when inquiring what action set the CAD hammer in motion at 3:30 in the morning with no HLSS in use, nothing typed, nothing said except the sound of my sniper rifle ripping heads of a couple guys who couldnt handle the fire and resorted to hacker whining.

if so, thats good. I had my name spelled just right and it was lookin' slick.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:17 AM   #3
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrYdeR View Post
Is this also the case when one is cold cocked with a CAD ban between smoke break FF sessions and snuffed when inquiring what action set the CAD hammer in motion at 3:30 in the morning with no HLSS in use, nothing typed, nothing said except the sound of my sniper rifle ripping heads of a couple guys who couldnt handle the fire and resorted to hacker whining.

if so, thats good. I had my name spelled just right and it was lookin' slick.
Yes. And your ban had nothing to do with hacking or any other player as far as I know. It had to do with your clan. They got you banned.

Scuzzy

Old 08-23-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
StrYdeR
FFapper

Cant seem to find anything on this in going through the o-t rule page. If the user in this agreement is, while connected to your server, not only responsible for his own person but that of users connected before, during and after ones own connection period at any time during daily operation it should be considered neglect not including such facts in writing within or alongside o-t's current set of laws on the books available to those whom would have want. As is the current situation no one including the a fore mentioned group of responsible clients cannot and should not be rightfully expected to uphold such a strict, consequence laden rule while remaining uninformed by the proper parties.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #5
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Cant seem to find anything on this in going through the o-t rule page. If the user in this agreement is, while connected to your server, not only responsible for his own person but that of users connected before, during and after ones own connection period at any time during daily operation it should be considered neglect not including such facts in writing within or alongside o-t's current set of laws on the books available to those whom would have want. As is the current situation no one including the a fore mentioned group of responsible clients cannot and should not be rightfully expected to uphold such a strict, consequence laden rule while remaining uninformed by the proper parties.
It's your clan's policy to crash our servers.

http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...1&postcount=28

http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...9&postcount=72

Talk to your leader, he's well aware of the multiple threats he and your crew made in his forums. If they've removed them since, not my problem. Either way, everyone's known for a long time that your clan's looking to intentionally damage our servers and that makes the entire group responsible. Your group is actually the reason CAD bans were introduced into our environment.

Scuzzy

Old 08-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #6
StrYdeR
FFapper

What are you talking about Scuz? 6 years ago for a brief time in TFC yea man i was part of ESAD but im no more apart of those guys than i am apart of [AE]. In FF ive never been apart of ESAD save running into Vicious when i first got into FF and finding out from him a couple others were floating around. Im running with Tim over at 'mE getting our little ol' pickup server off the ground, before that AE and that [DAMN]. There is defiently not anyone or anything that says ive any ties with em' or have an incline of their goings on.

What does happen and im finally seeing the picture is running into regulars to TFC servers like on/off and that one 24/7 2fort server so often and it seems a reminiscing session bout the good ol' days always ensues which usually leads me to changing my name to [ESAD] Ha||ucinogen or [ESAD] StrYdeR for a few minutes as the reminiscing continues...

It makes since now the ban as that night such a run in occured on aardvark. We bullschitt bout it for a bit, i changed my name for a bit, then, it was over and life continued on. Up until this point didnt know there was trouble between o-t and esad... schitt didnt know there was a o-t and esad.

The way inwhich i conduct my person when connected to o-t the few dozen times i have is a far cry from the curse infused, HLSS WARS FF shenanigans im usually tangled up in over at Talos or 'mE servers but hey, time and place for everything. Kinda figured out like me with mine its how you guys get down. This should support my character in the previous.

I submit to both parties that consideration be taken en light of recent discovery.

Last edited by StrYdeR; 08-23-2009 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Run on sentence.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:49 PM   #7
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
What are you talking about Scuz? 6 years ago for a brief time in TFC yea man i was part of ESAD but im no more apart of those guys than i am apart of [AE]. In FF ive never been apart of ESAD save running into Vicious when i first got into FF and finding out from him a couple others were floating around. Im running with Tim over at 'mE getting our little ol' pickup server off the ground, before that AE and that [DAMN]. There is defiently not anyone or anything that says ive any ties with em' or have an incline of their goings on.

What does happen and im finally seeing the picture is running into regulars to TFC servers like on/off and that one 24/7 2fort server so often and it seems a reminiscing session bout the good ol' days always ensues which usually leads me to changing my name to [ESAD] Ha||ucinogen or [ESAD] StrYdeR for a few minutes as the reminiscing continues...

It makes since now the ban as that night such a run in occured on aardvark. We bullschitt bout it for a bit, i changed my name for a bit, then, it was over and life continued on. Up until this point didnt know there was trouble between o-t and esad... schitt didnt know there was a o-t and esad.

The way inwhich i conduct my person when connected to o-t the few dozen times i have is a far cry from the curse infused, HLSS WARS FF shenanigans im usually tangled up in over at Talos or 'mE servers but hey, time and place for everything. Kinda figured out like me with mine its how you guys get down. This should support my character in the previous.

I submit to both parties that consideration be taken en light of recent discovery.
It makes sense now. Your recent ESAD name is why the system caught the ban. I completely agree with your assessment on your conduct in our server which has been good. Your wearing of the tag appear to be a joining of that group recently (since the system had never seen you wear it previously) and as you can see that's not the best situation.

You're ban's been lifted.

Scuzzy

Old 08-23-2009, 11:46 PM   #8
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Unfortunately you never completed the join process stryder. So you were a UGC team member only not a full clan member. But Glad you got your ban lifted.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #9
Epidemic
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Engineer (D and O)
Gametype: CTF
Woohoo! Congrats on your unbanning and hope to see you in FF!

Old 09-10-2009, 06:09 AM   #10
StrYdeR
FFapper

Old 12-15-2009, 06:46 AM   #11
impy
Best HW in FF

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: [-]
With all that cock sucky, scuzzy, I'm surprised you have time to post on forums.
User received an infraction for this post

Old 12-15-2009, 10:38 AM   #12
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
You ever post my picture again, without my authorization, and I'll ban you from life.... got it?
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 12-15-2009, 02:20 PM   #13
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

This thread was finished back in September. Not sure why it was resurrected except to troll/flame. Locked now.

Closed Thread